The Saga Continues ...... USA/ASA vs. USSSA

AUsoftball

Supreme Commander of All
We have a local league in the area that allows the use of both ASA and USSSA bats, last night a heated discussion occurred when one of the teams became upset that the other team was using USSSA bats. Both teams had copies of the rules, the one team (without the USSSA bats) did not read all the way through the rules as there are different divisions which indicate approved bats. The game was played, and the loosing team then began to complain about the use of the USSSA bats, and how dangerous they were, and that in years past the league had banned them. The past director had not allowed USSSA bats, but the new director saw fit to make the change. For almost 2 years there have been no real safety incidents, but not the losing team is pushing for a ban on all USSSA bats, claiming safety as the reason. The other team was using Trump Evil ASA Balls, 52 COR, 300 COMP.

Your thoughts on responses...…

Pretty

Softball is cool
Sounds like a stupid arguement because they lost. Hitting 52’s I personally feel I would have an advantage swing aSA with that ball. If you don’t read the rules And the LD has it in the rules their arguement is really dumb because the didn’t read the rules. If they are worries about safety as k for the money back and don’t play. Otherwise you have a glove get out there and play. I showed up at a league game in 30 degree weather and we were using 40/375 with the gap barrel tech. Now those mf’ers fly.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i give the slight edge to utrip bats still. i'm judging that on like year comparisons with DC41's. But i will tell you its almost negligible in my mind.

Country469

wood bats and I'd come out of retirment and play again. Normy you ever played in an event in clinton mi in sept, big tourney like a festival up there or something

Normy

wood bats and I'd come out of retirment and play again. Normy you ever played in an event in clinton mi in sept, big tourney like a festival up there or something
I've got a buddy playing there. Along with a tourney in the U.P.

Tsimps79

Our Chruch league allows ASA,and U-trip bats. But we also use those SB12 balls that are like hitting a wet dish rag in the 90 degree heat. I don't feel like there is any real advantage to one or the other bat. It really come down to, do you know how to hit...

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Our Chruch league allows ASA,and U-trip bats. But we also use those SB12 balls that are like hitting a wet dish rag in the 90 degree heat. I don't feel like there is any real advantage to one or the other bat. It really come down to, do you know how to hit...

SB12s are good at first.... then they break down badly and become the crappiest ball you've ever hit. The problem with them is that they have cork cores. The cork cracks and turns to powder quickly. The ball gets lopsided and extremely mushy. I figure an SB12 will last about 10 good hits before you start to notice it mushing up and turning lopsided.

I'm honestly surprised anyone still makes or uses cork core softballs. They have awful durability.