The singlewall market just got better

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1r90ua0oOk[/ame]

Was able to get some swings in with this prototype singlewall coming soon from Evil Sports. Was pleasantly surprised with the performance of this. For all of the singlewall guys out there, be sure and check this one out!

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Did u get a chance to compare it to anything that's currently out there, old or new? Balanced or endloaded? Would love to see how this compares to a Nanotek, Raw/White Steel, Ultimate Weapon and/or Salvo Scandium.

JJ

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit it side by side with the new Worth Legit singlewall (video coming soon) and it was just as good if not better.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Did u get a chance to compare it to anything that's currently out there, old or new? Balanced or endloaded? Would love to see how this compares to a Nanotek, Raw/White Steel, Ultimate Weapon and/or Salvo Scandium.

JJ

Would like to know this also, been debating on a metal but there's not many options.

Do you know where this is being made, USA or overseas?

MaverickAH

Sounded more like a commercial than an unbiased review.

Did you really use, "........Bobby Buggs experience with the PST.........", as a positive???!!!! :eek:

Also if this is your first experience with a single wall, what's your point of reference?

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you know where this is being made, USA or overseas?
That I do not know. That would be a question for Buggs.
Also if this is your first experience with a single wall, what's your point of reference?

Hit a new Worth Legit singlewall (video coming soon) on the same day as a comparison reference. This Evil was just as good if not better. I had expectations set low just because I have never swung anything like this. Was pleasantly surprised in how they hit.

MaverickAH

Hit a new Worth Legit singlewall (video coming soon) on the same day as a comparison reference. This Evil was just as good if not better. I had expectations set low just because I have never swung anything like this. Was pleasantly surprised in how they hit.

So the Evil bat is going to retail for $100 or less? That's the retail on the Worth Legit.

You should try to get ahold of at least a Demarini Ultimate Weaponor Anderson Flex & maybe some old school singlewalls such as a Powerdome or a Redline. No one is going to know anything about the Worth Legit & Worth hasn't made a good singlewall in over 20 years so I wouldn't put too much stock into the comparison.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
There isn't any metal leagues around here at all so stuff isn't readily available for comparison. I am working on getting some other stuff to compare with. I figured I'd catch hell for not having any single wall experience but I just wanted to be honest. I do have an Anderson coming so we will see what we get.

single wally

Professional Amateur

JJ

^^^LSX, please send the prototype to this guy for review. Nice vid/initial review but JJ is a single wall expert.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
^^^LSX, please send the prototype to this guy for review. Nice vid/initial review but JJ is a single wall expert.
You are too kind (haha)

Hit it side by side with the new Worth Legit singlewall (video coming soon) and it was just as good if not better.

This doesn't mean alot. At $100 my expectations for the Legit singlewall is not too high.

I got a 27oz Anderson Flextech, 28oz OG SP Nanotek, & 27oz Rip-it REAP5 (& I can get a UW) if you want to do a real comparison on how either of those bats stack up to the competition. I can do a side-by-side comparison with real pitching/52/300's. Shoot me a pm

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Have a flex tech coming my way for testing. I'll do a side by side comparison off of a tee.

That should be a decent comparison of whats new/soon to be on the market, however, I would not consider either the Legit or New Anderson Co. Flex to be top of the line.

Top of the line singlewalls currently being manufactured, easy to find in store with warranty, are the Ultimate Weapon (UW) & Salvo Scandium (SS). Those are the ones you really want to compare it to. I have swung an Anderson Flex and while it is a decent singlewall I would not rank it performance wise with either the UW or SS.

If u want to compare these to the best of the best singlewalls u really need to get an OG SP/SPA Nanotek or White Steel. Now to be fair, those are/were much more expensive bats when they were available but I would consider those to be the top performers.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Looks like the Evil prototype is a one piece design? If so, the gold standard would be the OG Nanotek, which is also a one piece. Some single wall leagues can be very picky, not allowing composite handles or two piece bats at all.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I play in a senior (55+) with three levels of players. These guys have every current and past single wall bat ever made.. I would have them hit the Evil, Flex and perhaps a OG Nano along with there gamers. We should be able to ascertain how the Evil compares, dont know that they will do a video but, sure they will have opinions.

Some of my gamers

antneeb3

Addicted to Softballfans
I am curious to see how this thiing goes. I am a fan of the OG nano and raw steels. I think the new salvo and anderson flex are junk though. Hopefully it out perorms those 2 at least

MaverickAH

I would love to see how this thing does with Clincher F12's..........

I remember trying to approach Anderson about 12 years ago about producing a bat specifically for this ball. The reception was luke-warm at best. I couldn't understand their reluctance because although it's not used throughout the country, it's a "big market" ball used in high population areas such as NYC Metro, Chicago, parts of CA & other areas.

If there's a market for the ball.........

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Where's the Worth Legit made, does it say anywhere on the bat?

Bobby, where will the Evil bat be made?

EBJ, maybe we can set up a BP when you get this bat to test, have a variety of balls & screen.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer

Bobby, where will the Evil bat be made?

EBJ, maybe we can set up a BP when you get this bat to test, have a variety of balls & screen.

I Got a fenced in field scoped out in Berkeley with a few local testers. it's most likely gonna happen on a Saturday, maybe Sunday. You are more than welcome come down

I'm set with a screen, BP softballs, cones etc & currently have a couple Nanoteks, White Steel, & UW to compare to. Still trying to get my hands on a Salvo Scandium

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Nice video LSX! Looks like you are definitely getting the most lift with the Evil Prototype. Sound of the Evil is very similar to a Nano, at least from your vid.
JJ

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Freak, I been think about building a pvc pitching net..... How is it holding up?
The net itself is holding up great. It just needs an actual net put on it. I smoked quite a few balls off of it before the net the guy put on it crapped out.

Bobby, where will the Evil bat be made?.
Not sure on the Legit. I will have to look. I do know that Bobby is having these prototypes made in the US of A.
Thanks for the video.
How does each swing? Bal vs endload.
The Legit and Flex are balanced, the Evil has some endload in it.
Nice video LSX! Looks like you are definitely getting the most lift with the Evil Prototype. Sound of the Evil is very similar to a Nano, at least from your vid.
JJ

I definitely got more consistent distance out of the Evil. Exit speed on the liners was pretty nice with it as well. I do know that Bobby said he still has some wiggle room to improve on the performance, can't wait to see what that'll be like if he decides to go that route.