The singlewall market just got better

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Next version arrived today. This one is specifically tuned for 52cor 300 compression balls. Anyone hitting in warm areas wanna put some test swings on her for me?

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
Finally, we had nice degree weather here in Tucson this past Sunday in the 70s. My first impression with the bat was the nice end load feel and the small end knob, reminded me of the OG Rockettech knob. Overall, the exit speed on the bat was nice with the 10 swings I hit. There was no stinging when I hit the ball like most singlewall bats. I hit a mixed of Baden Fire, Dudley and Gold Dot 52/300s. Overall can't wait until the model comes out, I would without a question of a doubt have this bat in my bag.

[ame]https://youtu.be/kA2XGYrQ-J8[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/zL3_faUXnjg[/ame]

Last edited:

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
any idea of a release date?
Anymore demos going out? I would love to try one out in Socal.

I know they will be making the walls abit thicker from the one I swung. The Demo I was quite surprised on the performance, it is going to be a must of bat.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
any idea of a release date?
Anymore demos going out? I would love to try one out in Socal.

I had this form locals to demo but not sure if I will get a chance to swing the lastest version. If I do will posy up here and my Facebook page, we could meet up in Long Beach. But like I said dont know if I will have it to demo.....

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
DaIrishman did you dent it on the second swing in your BP video? Couldn't hear your comment but that's what your reaction looked like. If its denting on 52s no way it would last with the 44s and that's all the single wall leagues use around here.

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
DaIrishman did you dent it on the second swing in your BP video? Couldn't hear your comment but that's what your reaction looked like. If its denting on 52s no way it would last with the 44s and that's all the single wall leagues use around here.

made only for 52s, I got one the had the walls really thin, Buggs told me that they didn't think it would last. I actually dented it in three areas.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
This was an extreme prototype, I had very limited expectations on its durability but I needed to see how thin we could go with this alloy. I know it now

Last edited:

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
This was an extreme prototype, I have very limited expectations on its durability but I needed to see how things we could go with this alloy. I know it now

Glad to hear it was just a test run.

It would be nice to see single walls with good pop and durability again. Seems like you can only get one or the other now a days.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Bobby any updates on this bat sir? I got abunch of Grampas looking for the next best thing in single wall, LOL!

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Working on a bunch of things that have come up for 2016, this got moved to the side but thanks for all that tested for us

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
The manufacturer we were working with was not reliable and could not meet deadlines, this made me pull the plug on it for now

Scotth36

I will have something out shortly. Finished testing Sunday, compiled data Monday & just letting all the bat testers go over results and approve. Hoping to post something by Wednesday. We used a GoPro for the entire session but that is going to take more time to post and the video is more like a week out.

I will let ya all know we had 7 hitters ranging in age from 24-48, all pretty much Rec Players who play in multiple leagues per year. Bats used were:

Evil Singlewall Prototype 27oz (scale weight 26.7oz)
Anderson OG Nanotek (one-piece) 28oz (scale weight 28.2oz)
Anderson Flex 27oz (scale weight 27.2oz)
Demarini White Steel (maroon barrel) 28oz (scale weight 28.2oz)
Demarini Raw Steel (white barrel) 28oz (scale weight NA)
Demarini Ultimate Weapon 26oz (scale weight 26.5oz)
Easton L9.0 (basically same as the Salvo Scandium) 27oz (scale weight 27.2oz)

I would love to see an updated one of these. I know this is a lot of work but very good information.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Scott the company that produced the samples was not reliable. There are very few places in the country to get something like this done so we scrapped the project.. We did complete our new Bamboom wood bat called the Caution and its for sale now

Last edited: