Things that drive you crazy

Beauner

Starting Player
Grownups who can't check the easily find-able schedule online OR read the text message sent out the day of the game reminding which times and fields we're playing at.
We had 4 guys show up to our game Wednesday night because 6 of them thought we'd play at 815/915 not at 615/715 despite both options.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
The guy who turned down running the team, yet attempts to tell me every week how to run the team and people who list bats for sale that dont list the weight and/or take a picture of the knob.

milesej05

The Rookie
Teams yelling "hook" for a lefty. Like your team cant see that themselves you dumb ****s. Do you yell "not hook" for righties?
I joke with the umps everytime I get up to bat. They yell it and everyone shifts...most of the time the 3rd baseman and LFer shift too. Not a good move if I get an outside pitch

milesej05

The Rookie
Grownups who can't check the easily find-able schedule online OR read the text message sent out the day of the game reminding which times and fields we're playing at.
We had 4 guys show up to our game Wednesday night because 6 of them thought we'd play at 815/915 not at 615/715 despite both options.

This may be the most annoying thing ever in the softball world. Also the people who check the group chats but don't respond.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
gnats. probably the thing that irritated me most about playing ball was that big ball of gnats that followed me.

jtboy85

No shows. Players that don't let you know if they will not make it or not. Players that don't show effort. And most important peeve is when a player thinks he's a big shot and always talks **** lol

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
gnats. probably the thing that irritated me most about playing ball was that big ball of gnats that followed me.
Put a dryer sheets in your hat.

I know you weren't serious, but that really is a life hack. I hate that term, but it works on mosquitos, gnats, everything.

AH23

Addicted to Softballfans
All of this ^^^

Add: 5) Umps talking to family/friends/spectators when everyone is ready to play. 6) Guys not knowing when they're up to bat and it's the 3rd time through the order.
Or players bitching about time limit expiring that they should get their last inning when both teams walk in and out of the dugout and have dudes that aren't ready for their AB during the game. (works both ways)

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
Put a dryer sheets in your hat.

I know you weren't serious, but that really is a life hack. I hate that term, but it works on mosquitos, gnats, everything.

Sort of serious. Certain times of the year they get bad around here. Annoying.

If I raise my glove above my head, they all go to the highest point. Dryer sheets work on mosquitos too? I will try that.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Might need another in your shoes for your legs, but yeah. For all the gnats in GA the mosquitos only came out in the cooler times.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
All the crying/whining and **** size overcompensating that goes on with hitting middle. I pitch and its pretty obvious who is doing it on purpose and its really rare. I've been hit by friends, I've hit my friends and as long as its not intentional STFU and play the game.

Dr. Funkenstein

Addicted to Softballfans
Sort of serious. Certain times of the year they get bad around here. Annoying.

If I raise my glove above my head, they all go to the highest point. Dryer sheets work on mosquitos too? I will try that.

That's what I always did until this dryer sheet revelation.

It's harder to do if you're pitching though...okay not harder, but you look like a ****ing idiot throwing a pitch underhand with your other hand up in the air like you're trying to get Mr. Kotter's attention.

oppopower24

The fat guy who runs the team who can only pitch or catch and always gets an OFer to run for him, bitching when one of us doesn't run out a grounder. Meanwhile we are playing a 5 man, running all over the place in the OF and we cant be a little lazy on a mis-hit ball, because he thinks we could have "possibly" beat it out.

Fat guy who complains about OFers not catching a mis-hit 200 foot popup off the bat of a goon who regularly hits bombs, while an IFer just stands there cuz it's "in the grass".

Fat guy who hits one off the fence and legs out a double, with no injury but then proceeds to ask for a runner. You're already half way home now, cant you just finish it out ?

softballguy. We all know one. Its a buddy that plays on his work team, and knows that you play competitively, and wants to chat it up with you. this is the guy who can't say he hit it hard. It's always a "laser" a "frozen rope" a "missle" or maybe even a new fancier made up word to insinuate just how hard he hit it. I get it buddy, you hit it hard...

Pitchers who don't pitch strikes and try to intimidate umps into giving them calls, and hold up the game complaining about every borderline pitch that is called a ball.

I bet you can guess I'm an OFer...

Country469

Guys who ***** about trolls but aren't adult enough to actually ignore someone and front like they have any skills or knowledge

blakcherry329

The fat guy who runs the team who can only pitch or catch and always gets an OFer to run for him, bitching when one of us doesn't run out a grounder. Meanwhile we are playing a 5 man, running all over the place in the OF and we cant be a little lazy on a mis-hit ball, because he thinks we could have "possibly" beat it out.

Fat guy who complains about OFers not catching a mis-hit 200 foot popup off the bat of a goon who regularly hits bombs, while an IFer just stands there cuz it's "in the grass".

Fat guy who hits one off the fence and legs out a double, with no injury but then proceeds to ask for a runner. You're already half way home now, cant you just finish it out ?

softballguy. We all know one. Its a buddy that plays on his work team, and knows that you play competitively, and wants to chat it up with you. this is the guy who can't say he hit it hard. It's always a "laser" a "frozen rope" a "missle" or maybe even a new fancier made up word to insinuate just how hard he hit it. I get it buddy, you hit it hard...

Pitchers who don't pitch strikes and try to intimidate umps into giving them calls, and hold up the game complaining about every borderline pitch that is called a ball.

I bet you can guess I'm an OFer...
Sounds like you don't like fat guys, pitchers, or fat pitchers. lol