This is now Softball.com??

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Sbf store has been gone for a couple of year due to the covid crap and the restrictions put in place in Michigan along with many other small/smaller business's unfortunately. Concourse/baseball/team/softball express, softball.com have always been family brand to/with sbf.

Last edited:

shorel

Addicted to Softballfans
haven't been here in a long time. I finally realized why Sam Bankrman-Fried, a/k/a SBF, has been oddly triggering. It's his nickname: sbf. something I used to know well. and like the real sbf, he's residing somewhere new these days. reason I came here: all the hubub over at the only other message board I frequent (i.e. visit annually), backstreets.com, a bruce springsteen site, whose owners have announced that they're going to pull the plug in protest of the "dynamic pricing" bruce is using on his current tour. People are debating how to keep the site afloat, whether to charge subscription fees, etc. I chimed in that they should sell ads like everyone else, but it occurred to me that I should go check out sbf where I haven't been in forever. what happened to the lounge?

speaking of bruce springsteen I realized the other day i'm not quite the fan i used to be. I haven't bought any of his records in years, or gone to a show since 2012, and have no plans to show up on his current tour. I'm so over stadium shows, and bruce's recent new songs don't move me.

Last edited:

joeball5

Addicted to Softballfans
Where is the best place online to see and/or hear bat reviews now days?
After playing, and still playing, SR ball for the last 8 years, I’m going to be playing in an ASA league. We can use USSSA bats though. So I‘m looking for what’s decent out there. Must say I’m pretty partial to Suncoast 1-piece ReLoaded in A Sr bat. Would a Ruckus 1-piece u-trip be the equivalent? Also would look at Mikens. Love my old 2015(I think that’s right) Big Cat

ShortYellowBus

@joeball5
Grab yourself a well discounted USSSA 220 stamp bat. If you like the big cat, get a 14” barrel Freak Primo max load, or a 13.5” Worth Cobra Super Jet XL. Immediately BP it with the hardest balls you can find. Depending on how hard you hit, in about 100 or so hits, you’re good. Avoid dual stamp bats.

ASA bats are restricted to 98mph.

USSSA bats increases performance no more than 1.2 factor. If you can hit 100ft, usssa bats will make it 120ft. 200ft is 240ft.

I’d be happy to sell you a bat at a great price. Let me know.

Good luck finding a bat.

jhitman

I got the 14" Freak Max Primo last year 220 stamp and love this bat. I got lucky as they had just discounted them. I got a NIW one for $129. It had a pingy sound for a short time when hitting BP. After 50-100 swings the bat changed and was destroying the ball.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I got the 14" Freak Max Primo last year 220 stamp and love this bat. I got lucky as they had just discounted them. I got a NIW one for $129. It had a pingy sound for a short time when hitting BP. After 50-100 swings the bat changed and was destroying the ball.

I bought a DC41 in 2016 that still sounds a little "pingy" when you hit it. Bat is ridiculously hot, and was great from the first swing. It tests right at about 220.

A lot of people hear that "ping" sound in a new Worth or Miken and assume the bat is bad. Not the case.

blakcherry329

Are there any "bad" bats nowadays?
Not like the old days with the Reveals or Blurs that were pretty much unusable. smh

ShortYellowBus

I’m going to argue that people that live in “mile high” areas have a different understanding of bats than people who live in areas that are at least partially populated by humans who have been around the equator.

Results may vary.

All new bats are fantastic.

blakcherry329

Some (most) of the 240 bats are overpriced, brittle junk. They hit decently, but fail compression or break in 100 swings or less.
By "Bad" I was talking about early 2000s "Bad". No pop at all, dead sounding...like a log, never ever opening up. basically useless from day one.
The "Bad", of which you speak, is a little different since the bats are good, just aren't usable for an extended period cuz of bat testing. Definitely, good to sell on the secondary market for leagues that don't test.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I've seen guys rake with those blues, reveals. I guess as with any bats there are some that just don't get there. I do consider bats that cost what they do and don't last/break, fail compression right away bad.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
By "Bad" I was talking about early 2000s "Bad". No pop at all, dead sounding...like a log, never ever opening up. basically useless from day one.
The "Bad", of which you speak, is a little different since the bats are good, just aren't usable for an extended period cuz of bat testing. Definitely, good to sell on the secondary market for leagues that don't test.
Yeah, I've seen the "bad" you speak of as well. Some of the early composites (from any brand) were absolute logs. They had no feel, no sweetspot, no pop. They never got hot before breaking.

Some of Easton's composites from 2008-2015ish were god awful. Major logs that never got hot, and they'd hurt your hands even if you found the barrel perfectly.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I’m going to argue that people that live in “mile high” areas have a different understanding of bats than people who live in areas that are at least partially populated by humans who have been around the equator.

Results may vary.

All new bats are fantastic.

Yes, and that's why CO teams most often suck when they travel to FL. Completely different game. Bats that perform great in CO can be dead in FL. The ball flies and moves differently in FL than CO.

I've played enough in FL to feel like I have a pretty decent understanding of bats.