This place used to be the bomb.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Concourse team express/baseball express/softball.com are, have all been family brand of sbf. There was a shutdown/blip last year that I recall and the ads weren't an issue after that. I'm afraid, agree that soon the forums will go away. It most likely doesn't help that too many people on here have been posting niw exclusives as well as some niw product that softball.com sells. I guess time will tell

I'm afraid, agree that soon the forums will go away.

(Joined Feb 18, 2004)
After all these years, that will be disappointing.
%%%
That would be extremely sad. Even though the pace and content of posts to these forums has slowed, I still love to check it every day. But what I would REALLY REALLY miss is all the knowledge accumulated here that would disappear if the forums went away. I'm sure I still use the search function at least once every week to learn stuff, especially about gloves from masters like fredderf, rous, davisrelacing, annasdad, and countless others. I think fredderf's Project Gloves thread is what kept me sane through the lockdowns!

The Canadian equivalent softball forum shut down over a year ago, and I am still mourning its closure. Not sure where I would go to next to get my daily softball fix :(

flapjaxx

Watch your shins!
I remember living and breathing through softballfans for years in the early 2000’s. It was almost 7-8 years since I logged in. Sad with all the pop ups I am seeing

jdo1978

Addicted to Softballfans
I gave up softball in 2013 and went back to a local wood bat baseball league for a number of years, now I play golf. I used to live on this site 2008 - 2012, didn't post much, but read every thread.

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
Literally, this weekend I was looking for a glove I relaced years ago. So, I jumped back on the SBF Forum and found the pictures I was looking for. Now, i'm here today typing this. lol
This page was my life! Sending PM's and waiting hours , refreshing the page, waiting to see if you were the first to comment on buying a bat or glove! lol
Man those were the days!

jhitman

The ads are making me not sign in too often. I wish they would bring back the bat reviews and stock the bats like they use to. At one time, I bought all of my bats here. It's unfortunate how this site has changed.

blakcherry329

It's not the fact that there's ads, it's how intrusive and overbearing they are. It's like those gossip/click bait sites that have those "bait and switch" topics to reel you in, only to have nothing to do with the subject that brought you there.
I understand having advertisements, but this is a little over the top.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just tried to start a new thread and don't see it anywhere. This place is so weird now.

DirtBag215

I forgot my old account. Been lurking for a little but decided to make a new account. But yeah this place definitely fell apart. I don’t do the Facebook/Instagram stuff so this and local boards are my only softball social media. This place was literally my top vistited sites for years on.

Gority97

Those are all also true, but I was mostly talking about 7-10 years ago. The main reason I feel this way is I see the number of members, and there are a ton of just lurkers. I used to get the reports from people complaining and I watched them leave. I've also been a mod for over 16 years and that's probably too long. Lol
I noticed this when joining the boards, lost of threads but little activity, that’s why I made the discord channel, it’s a bit different from the threads, but hoping to get some more activity in there than you see here and on Reddit.