This place used to be the bomb.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Damn, I signed up here in 2007? I remember buying a Demarini Vexxum here as my first "good" bat, and couldn't believe the guys who had multiple $300 bats. Didn't take me long to join the club...

This'll be the third year where I haven't played. Three years ago I'd have never thought that would happen. I miss it in a "good old days" kind of way...but not enough to round up the old crew for one last ride to glory.

I'm as good once as I ever was, but probably not for 12+ weeks in a row. :D

Small town

LEFSE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn all you old timers are bringing back some memories. I think most of us just got older and families/jobs took over.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I came in here to find 30oz bats...

Damn, I signed up here in 2007? I remember buying a Demarini Vexxum here as my first "good" bat, and couldn't believe the guys who had multiple $300 bats. Didn't take me long to join the club...

This'll be the third year where I haven't played. Three years ago I'd have never thought that would happen. I miss it in a "good old days" kind of way...but not enough to round up the old crew for one last ride to glory.

I'm as good once as I ever was, but probably not for 12+ weeks in a row. :D

Think one of my first purchases was either a Recoil250 or AntiVirus Fl or XL or XEL, hell I don't remember that far back...

Damn all you old timers are bringing back some memories. I think most of us just got older and families/jobs took over.

I am for sure that HS FastPitch Dad guy now...

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
The composite landscape was so fresh, back then, that there was a huge disparity in bat performance based on break in time, sweet spot size, etc. So everyone came here to sort all that out. some bats never got hot, some were hot right away but would break.

Today, pretty much every bat is hotter than a fire cracker right away basically. we are talking within degrees of performance. the composite landscape has pretty much matured. We know what to expect for the most part when we buy a bat.

dunkky

Excellent point. but there are other aspects... weighting, loading, etc. some 1oz endload doesn't feel like full oz endload. for example reawakening asa feels like .5 oz. where OG awakening feels 1oz endload. But performance is there.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I remember we made a thread where we lied and said we saw and heard some of the Conference guys were putting shaving gel on their bats and letting it soak in and that we overheard them saying that it, "Loosened up the composite fibers and allowed them to flex better for better performance..........." Then we said we'd never seen anyone hitting balls farther than those guys and they were screaming **** like "Barbasol!!!" and "Gillette!!!" after they crushed one. We had all kinds of dudes asking questions. Which brands of gel? Could they use cream? How long to let it soak in? It was hilarious. Then like 10 days later we said we made it up and it was all bull****. There was a ton of duds all, "I knew you were full of crap.", "I knew you were lying........" Lol.......We knew those were the precise guys who went home and covered their bats in shaving cream. :)

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Anyone here remember when we had a thread where we furnished the phone numbers of annoying coworkers, so other members could call them on the phone and tell them, "Is this Bob? Hey.......Shut the **** up!!!" and then hang up on them? Then we came back and described their responses. Oh man!!! Good times.

BigRB

Gimpy Shouldered Glove Ho/ pitcher
who was the chick that hosed folks outta bats, then was blasted all over here for years? was some guy's girl on here if I recall, remember the social media tracking or her was on point, too...along with like 20 posts of "ship the bat, wh8re" on all her posts, lol...
Anyone here remember when we had a thread where we furnished the phone numbers of annoying coworkers, so other members could call them on the phone and tell them, "Is this Bob? Hey.......Shut the **** up!!!" and then hang up on them? Then we came back and described their responses. Oh man!!! Good times.

QBA-RCN

Getting older sucks!!
who was the chick that hosed folks outta bats, then was blasted all over here for years? was some guy's girl on here if I recall, remember the social media tracking or her was on point, too...along with like 20 posts of "ship the bat, wh8re" on all her posts, lol...
Was it the same chick that one of the guys had noods of??? I can't remember her name but one of the long time board members might remember.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Was that SportyTahoe?