This year's Freak Black, KF30, or DC41....which do you choose?

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
of those 3 if you could only swing 1 which do you choose....I've narrowed it down to those 3 for my first utrip bat, I've read so much good about all of them that I can't decide what to get....popular opinion always matters, right??

King Hippo

Star Player
All equally hot. Pick the barrel length and endload u prefer

This. I picked up the Triad, '14 DC41 and Freak 12 last year. They were all great bats. I personally liked the Freak 12 the best. The short barrel swung very smooth for me. But all 3 had great performance. So if you're asking me, I'd say F30.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
The freak 30s are sick but we can't keep them from blowing up around here, only hitting .52s

i've read that none of the new worth/miken should be used as team bats which will suck bcus everyone on my team usually swings what I bring, last year it was the DNA, tank of a bat, but we switched to GSL so we need new line utrip....thankfully we don't have to worry about compression testing, I've been leaning towards the KF30 though

Dan411

Star Player
I own this year's Freak 30 (around 250 hits on it) and had the opportunity to swing a brand new DC41 last night. Performance is very good on both. Of course the Freak 30 was better with more hits on it. I was very surprised with this year's DC41. Out of the wrapper performance to me was comparable to last year's and the white DC41 with about 100 hits. It didn't ping as much as last year's and the 2014. I think this year's DC will be comparable to 2014's in performance.
Some differences I noticed with the DC vs 30:
1. Barrel on DC is crisper. I know it's new, but I remember the feel of the 30 when it was new too.
2. More feedback on the 30. You'll know when you get one with the 30, vs. being surprised how far one goes on one hit by the DC.
3. Stiffer handle on the DC. The more you hit a 30, the more the handle will soften. I only felt the DC flex once (when I hit one off the end).
We only hit 52's btw.

Dan411

Star Player
any of those 3 bats swing close to or similar to a 26oz midload DNA??

I can't speak much on this, but the DC will have the most noticeable end load. My friend's DC was a 26, and you could feel the end load. I had last year's freak black ASA and it was close to an aftermath the way it was weighted.

Darracq

I can't speak much on this, but the DC will have the most noticeable end load. My friend's DC was a 26, and you could feel the end load. I had last year's freak black ASA and it was close to an aftermath the way it was weighted.

I swung a guys 27 and it felt really light compared to all my 27 dc`s. It was closer to the og 2 dc 41s 2 piece. It was pretty hot though, felt like it broke in faster than in past years.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
I defected from Easton last year to own a Freak 12. That bat is lights out and insanely hot after 200 cuts. So far no problems with 1200+ cuts with trump rocks and 52's. Will hit anything from hacked up bp Worth gold dots to 52s to trump rocks. Guys had trouble keeping the ball in the yard with this bat after she unleashed her wrath.

I just got a 30 and its coming into her own after 150 cuts. I'm convinced its a repaint I'm not sure about the durability bc I saw one blow up the other day.

The Freak 12 and 30 are the spiritual successors to the old school first batch Freak 100's and Freak Plus of yesterday. Durability notwithstanding these are every bit the hellacious rocket launchers of the progenitors of the original Freak line which had its share of misses recently.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Freak 30 for me.

It's the direct replacement to my beloved Freak 12, and seems as good as.

I dislike what they did to the colour scheme, as I like the Black/Green look and the no name associated with it.

I'll live with the new model once it's time to replace the F12.

Before that I swung the White 2pc DC41, but since Freak 12 I've switched to the short barrel.

They're honestly all great. Just a matter of picking your flavour man.

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
Got the f12,f30 and have a 16 freak black on the way..... Last years black/yellow fb was silly so I'm hoping the same.

EVILHOMER360

Baaaat Fleeeeep!
FREAK BLACK Maxload, might be the closest to feel to the DNA

Honestly all those options are winners. if you like a longer barrel like the DNA go with the DC or FB, and the F30 is no slouch at all, I prefer it to the F12 of last year. The weighting felt off to me on the F12's

TuxedoBento

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn it.... now I really want one. The Freak Plus was my favorite bat of all time.

Ugh. Don't remind me. Today I literally just sold both my OG 27 oz Freak Plus (bubble sticker) and 2013 Freak Plus.

Here's hoping my 2015 Freak Black will tide me over.

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
So, I just got a 2016 26oz Utrip freak black maxload and here's my take.. I'll preface that I'm in the process of converting to a full overlap grip vs dropping two fingers like I have for the past 2 years:

Took about 50 hits off a tee with it and it's awesome. Feels like a really hot OG aftermath or even a DNA. The maxload isn't very noticeable to the point where I'd think I'd hate the balanced. Very large sweetspot.... In fact, I think the whole barrel could be basically a sweet spot. Feels maybe a hair light but it's perfect for me while I'm doing my full overlap conversion vs something heavier that the barrel could get away from me. Weird thing is, it feels way better than the DC to me because maybe it's the supermax but it make the sweetspot feel smaller even though the DC has a long barrel. And I love the metallic green barrel... Pretty sweet looking.

Bombdropper10

Addicted to Softballfans
i've read that none of the new worth/miken should be used as team bats which will suck bcus everyone on my team usually swings what I bring, last year it was the DNA, tank of a bat, but we switched to GSL so we need new line utrip....thankfully we don't have to worry about compression testing, I've been leaning towards the KF30 though

They tested our team last year at gsl c national. Idk if it was random or every team tho.

Furious

The Original
I normally swing a 2014 utrip z2000 balanced, but it just broke on me. I was thinking of switching to a new Miken. Would anyone know if any of these swing similar?

THESHOE

Starting Player
Balanced you are limited to Freak Black Bal and long barrel Miken.

In EL Black or Freak 12/30 give the typical 1/2oz of Z el in a long(Black) or short (F12/F30) barrel option.

DC41 def not for you if you're into Balanced as it's the full 1oz load.

I normally swing a 2014 utrip z2000 balanced, but it just broke on me. I was thinking of switching to a new Miken. Would anyone know if any of these swing similar?

Rdd/Easton 10

The Veteran
New freak black is nothing like last years (utrip) . Me and my buddy just beat the the **** out of one for 400 swings with zn's in 50 degree weather. Bat could pass for an aluminum bat that's how bad it sounds. I'm a freak 12 kind of guy in miken but my buddy owns 3 of last year's freak blacks and bought this year's cuz it was cheaper then last years...he is selling this year's cuz he is convinced it's not in the same ball park as last years. He likes the long barell mikens so once last year's blacks break which will be soon he is jumping back on the *** phsychos again.

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
U talking about the one that I have in the picture above? If so, you need to swing it more or something.... Mines got probably 100 swings on it and is well on its way.

Rdd/Easton 10

The Veteran
U talking about the one that I have in the picture above? If so, you need to swing it more or something.... Mines got probably 100 swings on it and is well on its way.

Yes the green one....pounded that thing. It was easily 50-60 feet behind a 200 hit last year's freak black and the green one had 400 swings.

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
Hmm. Not sure. It and my backup f12(like 50 hit) are truly neck and neck right now. I love the bat.