Thoughts on my planned father’s day purchase

mkaufm1

So, my glove addiction continues…

I’m wanting to go pro preferred this time… tan/split gray welting with green accents.

Trying to decide between green binding or tan binding on the heel. I keep going back and forth and over thinking it (i.e. what if I want to relace with tan laces in the future, etc).

Thoughts?

IMG_1619.jpegIMG_1618.jpeg
IMG_1615.jpeg
IMG_1617.jpeg
IMG_1614.jpeg
IMG_1616.jpeg

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
So a RHT Pro Preferred 504 with a basket web, those four things for sure? I’ve probably mocked up 40 or 50 customs with Green accents. Care if I have a go at it?

mkaufm1

Thanks! I like this… I think the tan binding is more universal in case I want to switch lace colors between tan and green.

I think you’ve had the NP and 504. I think I’m adding up the 504 closes more ring/middle on a single hinge break, which is where I sit on single hinge breaks; and the NP is more middle/index, right?

mkaufm1

i go with the tan. for one, you can relace in any color like you stated and for two, tan doesn't fade like colors can.
Agree on the color fade. I’ve had good luck with blue sharpie on my Pro200…I wonder about the green, though.

I think you’re right about the tan and color swap on laces. It’s weird how I over think these things… :)

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Thanks! I like this… I think the tan binding is more universal in case I want to switch lace colors between tan and green.

I think you’ve had the NP and 504. I think I’m adding up the 504 closes more ring/middle on a single hinge break, which is where I sit on single hinge breaks; and the NP is more middle/index, right?
For me all of my NP's close thumb the middle....okay high middle! ;) I traded my 504 before I ever caught a ball with it. So you're definitely dead set on a basket web?

mkaufm1

For me all of my NP's close thumb the middle....okay high middle! ;) I traded my 504 before I ever caught a ball with it. So you're definitely dead set on a basket web?
Haha. We’ll see how the 504 breaks.

Locked in on a basket web. I think ultimately, my journey is going to end on a 502 fastback with a basket web… the glove I played my glory days on the mound was a fastback w/ basket web… if jump there, now, I’m afraid it might be my last glove, though.😮.

Who knows, though, y’all might convince me that the 502F and 504 are similar and the 502 is just a tighter fit. I like from the description that the 504 is a wide opening glove vs the 502 being standard. My thought process is I want something that opens a little wider than my Pro206F this time; and, since I wear a size large batting glove, I wasn’t too concerned about it feeling too big, but I may be misinformed.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I have more middle sized hands, my 504 fit me fine. And yes, it was wide! I hate I traded mine away.

Traded it for a super nice orange tan SP125, which I sold to our organization’s president within a couple days of getting it, his daughter was a D1 center fielder. Sent him one pic which he sent to her, three minutes later he replied….I’ll take it!

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Haha. We’ll see how the 504 breaks.

Locked in on a basket web. I think ultimately, my journey is going to end on a 502 fastback with a basket web… the glove I played my glory days on the mound was a fastback w/ basket web… if jump there, now, I’m afraid it might be my last glove, though.😮.

Who knows, though, y’all might convince me that the 502F and 504 are similar and the 502 is just a tighter fit. I like from the description that the 504 is a wide opening glove vs the 502 being standard. My thought process is I want something that opens a little wider than my Pro206F this time; and, since I wear a size large batting glove, I wasn’t too concerned about it feeling too big, but I may be misinformed.
I have had both 502s and 504s in my hands over the years. Def not thumb to pinkie patterns. I'd say thumb to middle is what they like. In my experience, the 502 is a marginally narrower glove with a correspondingly smaller hand stall. And neither really likes TIP grip. If you are a size L batting glove, I think either one would work for you.

mkaufm1

Such a good looking glove! I’ll give y’all an update when it gets here. Looking forward to another extended break-in period with the pro-stiff option. I under estimated the time it would take on my last one, but that’s where all the fun of a new glove is for me.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Such a good looking glove! I’ll give y’all an update when it gets here. Looking forward to another extended break-in period with the pro-stiff option. I under estimated the time it would take on my last one, but that’s where all the fun of a new glove is for me.
So which one did you go with?

mkaufm1

Full basket with tan binding. I think the only deviation from your last pic is the laces… going to go green to start out. 😀

mkaufm1

Open back. I want wide as possible this round; even if it is marginal. Plus leaves me excuses for future purchases. 😁

I’ve been having fun with my 206 fastback. It’s been my break-in project over the last season / year, which is where I get the most fun out of a new glove.

mkaufm1

WELL??
Let’s see it!
Haha! I’m glad my impatience is shared. 😀

It made a tremendous trip from PH to Alaska in it’s first 24 hours and has stalled in Memphis for the last 48hrs. Delivery says tomorrow by noon, but I’m skeptical.

Edit: I wonder if they clear customs in Memphis vs Alaska…

Last edited:

mkaufm1

It’s here! Late night getting the little one to bed, but here are some quick picks.

My hot take on PP vs HoH firm is PP is more of a brick, sooooo excited for the break-in. There’s zero squeeze currently available. 😃

Gratuitous basket web close up included.
IMG_1794.jpeg
IMG_1790.jpeg
IMG_1800.jpeg
IMG_1802.jpeg

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Southpaw…where’d that come from?? Beautiful glove, need a palm shot. That split welting looks fantastic!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
lefty? i guess we never should have gotten excited lol. that glove really looks like it could be an official SBF glove with those colors. looks great though! enjoy!
It really is a great looking glove despite it being for the wrong hand….and a basket web! 😆😆

I’m glad someone ordered a custom with Green, if I ever do order another custom I think it will be with Green accents. Lord knows I’ve mocked up plenty enough of them with Green. The very first top pic with the Green embroidery, Tan leather, split welting and the patch hiding at the bottom looks fantastic to me, you did good!

Hope you enjoy it for many years to come!