Thoughts/opinions on Rawlings R9 and Encore series

OkieWes29

Has anyone had any experience with either one of these lines of gloves? I’m wanting to get my daughter a new glove and she’s just not ready for the size/weight of an A2000,HOH, etc. So, I’ve been looking at the A1000’s, R9, and noticed the Encore series as well. What is the difference between the R9 and Encore series? I haven’t put hands on one yet, but the R9’s look better but are priced just under the Encore line from what I’ve seen.
This glove will most likely be what she uses until she gets her first “quality” glove. Which isn’t far off. Thanks in advance for any input or help here.

D-ROCK13

R9s aren't bad for a cheaper option, they're obviously softer more prebroken in and wont last as long though. Also beware, some of the r9s come in finger shift/TIP only. Don't quote me, but, i believe the r9 series took place of the Gamer series.. No experience with encore or a1000. Personally i like the Rawlings Gamer & Sandlot models for a cheaper glove

rhino54

If she isn’t far off from getting the high end quality glove I feel the R9 is best bang for you buck. It’s the same glove as the GG Elite DSG sells.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I've got a little experience with putting gloves on girls hands.....what age is she, what size girl is she, and what position and level of play is she at now?? She sounds pretty young.

I (Santa) just got an R9 for my 9 yr old for Christmas. For a younger kid who is not ready to handle an hoh or a2000, I think it is a pretty good option. Coincidentally he’d been gaming an old a1000 that belonged to my 15 year old (got it when he was 7-8), I think it is a special edition, super skin, Pedroia fit a1000, and I think than when new it was better quality and more stiff leather than the r9. However, the current a1000’s (only a couple) that I’ve had the chance to handle in stores recently, feel much floppier and cheap than the old a1000 as well as the r9. But this is just my opinion based on first impressions, and I’m in no way a leather/glove expert.