Throwing Shoulder!!

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
ice and rest my friend. Also, take 2 motrin before you play ball to keep down any inflammation.

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
Does it hurt when you do this?

Stop doing that.

Thousands of guys wreck their body parts playing ball.

Push yourself to be that guy.........or not.

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
1st games of the year playing l.c. lots of action and my shoulder is killing me....:mad: any suggestions????

can you describe the pain.. and where exactly in the shoulder does it hurt. because it can be a lot of things..
have you thrown much before this game have you been warming your arm up the past month or so doing some tossing every day?

djkreate

Addicted to Softballfans
i had just got a shot for my arm last week. shoulder brusitis. all cuz i kept playing and did not rest or ice it

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
This is exactly what happened to me. Played LC then my arm started hurting pretty much all of the time. I couldn't work, pick up my kids or anything. Stopped playing for a while and did some rehab. Moved to 3rd, but still wasn't great moved to second which my baseball position. My buddies noticed that even though I was throwing hard I throw like a 2nd baseman with a bad arm slot for OF. That's what happens when you play somewhere for 16 years.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
sounds like you didn't stretch or warm up enough

This right here. Take a few days off then learn what stretches needed. I gotta stretch good or im hurtin after.

Stretching is the most under used important part of athletics. Or as Charles Barkley would say athaletics! :D

whjs416

Addicted to Softballfans
Ice and if the pain does not go away dont play through it. I did it last season and waited 2 mos too long to finally go see a doctor and I had an impingment and needed 2 mos of pt I got cleared to play but its still not right. Take care of it and do sleeper stretches before and after throwing. It will keep your shoulder from getting tight.

thepiombino

Addicted to Softballfans
Ask a doctor, not a softball forum for starters. I waited two years to finally see a doctor. I was always doing the same thing- asking my teammates, friends, searching the internet for answers, etc. Short of the long- I had SLAP Tears, Rotator Tednonosis and a Bankart Lesion. Didn't seem so bad at first, more an annoyance than anything. By the time I got around to the doctor it had become a mess. Go see a doctor NOW and save yourself the time and energy of surgery and PT later.

GrizcoN

The Rookie
Ask a doctor, not a softball forum for starters. I waited two years to finally see a doctor. I was always doing the same thing- asking my teammates, friends, searching the internet for answers, etc. Short of the long- I had SLAP Tears, Rotator Tednonosis and a Bankart Lesion. Didn't seem so bad at first, more an annoyance than anything. By the time I got around to the doctor it had become a mess. Go see a doctor NOW and save yourself the time and energy of surgery and PT later.

Definitely go see a doctor like he said. I tendonopothy in my throwing shoulder which is tendonitis with microscopic tears in the bicep tendon. The tendon that crosses the front of your shoulder. It sucks. It still hurts but the dr said continue to play and do my exercises he prescribed 3-4 a week.