TPS is back.

jhitman

Could always use just one more ;)

I haven't bought a bat in over a year so I'm getting that itch. LOL My buddy pulled the trigger on this bat in the hopes that TPS is really back. We both loved the Z1 bats when they came out several years ago. We have a local bat rep here that we trade bats with. So if he doesn't like the bat he can always trade/sell the bat to him.

jhitman

Sorry, that's not me hitting. I just stumbled onto these videos and posted for you guys to see.

Oh okay thanks. Hoping to see this bat in action tomorrow morning. It's an ASA bat so it should be pretty good right out of the wrapper. Hoping it will hit the 52's well. The Evils we use here in MD are really mushy especially in the heat and humidity.

Normy

Oh okay thanks. Hoping to see this bat in action tomorrow morning. It's an ASA bat so it should be pretty good right out of the wrapper. Hoping it will hit the 52's well. The Evils we use here in MD are really mushy especially in the heat and humidity.
That's pretty much where we're at up here in Michigan. Can't wait for the review!

chile

Bad Ape
full

jhitman

We got a chance to hit this bat yesterday morning. First I would like to say the bat looks great. My buddy's bat came with a knob cuff already on it so that was a nice extra.It has a nice endload to it but the bat did not feel heavy to me even though it was a 27.5 and I usually swing a 26 ounce. Maybe because it is advertised with a very thin wall? Although it was early morning temps were upper 70's hot and humid. We hit mostly used balls, a combo of mostly Evils, and some Tattoo and Trump Stotes. My buddy put about 40 swings on it and I only put about 10.

I thought the bat swung very smooth, but I guess my expectations were very high that I thought we would launch some bombs right from the jump. That was not the case. The ball came off well, mostly hit a lot of hard line drives. I tried to lift a few and it did come off well, but didn't get the distance that I was hoping for. It may be because it needs a few more swings to get going. I did notice when I hit a few of the Trumps it seemed to carry better. Like my buddy stated, "the jury is still out" as he thinks it will get hotter with more swings on it. I like to do these mono y mono comparisons. After taking my 10 swings I immediately pulled out my orange DC41 USSSA bat which is well broken in. The orange DC41 definitely outperformed the TPS. Maybe unfair comparison because the DC41 is well broken in and this TPS bat was NIW?

We may hit again within the week and I will see if there are any changes in the way the bat performs. At this point I would not put my gamer DC41 down to swing the TPS with the 52 cor softballs. My buddy seems to think that with another 50-75 swings the TPS will turn the corner and really start popping the ball. Time will tell.

Last edited:

UncleMosk

Sweet looking bat. 27.5 oz which isn't overly end weighted. Took about 15 cuts with other bats. Gamer T3 28oz, Preparing for gamer Portent 28oz, Viper 28 oz.

First 5 swings none to thrilled to here TINK like aluminum sound similar to Z's I guess. When squared properly later 10 cuts felt better with sound changing slightly less pinging.

Did get one to about 300 on last 2 cuts of the 15. Marker was pitching net on screen pic.
T3 had one over 320. With Viper and Portent behind but ahead of the TPS. Will need more hits to judge fairly.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190707-121227_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190707-121227_Gallery.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 21
  • SmartSelect_20190707-120107_Maps Ruler.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190707-120107_Maps Ruler.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 18