TPZ LOUISVILLE SLUGGER

Jbird-21

Manager
Most ASA bats I have hit are very average with the 52's. What makes this bat any different? Is there some new technology involved? Appreciate any more information you can give me on this bat.

its sluggers new continuous double wall design from what i take.. 13" barrel half oz el... for me it felt super forgiving.. no break in period at all for me.. i think 25-30 swings and its game ready.. all my local guys have swung it. seen a guy from GA out of wrapper hitting balls a mile with it.. with me it comes down to carry and exit speed and feel.. handle wasn't flexy at all.. barrel was super forgiving. and price point at 187.99 with a promo code with a return you can't beat..

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
Any chance this TPZ is the Louisville version of the Demarini Nihilist? Descriptions sound the same but pretty big price difference. Both owned by same parent company so I imagine they may share technology.

Normy

its sluggers new continuous double wall design from what i take.. 13" barrel half oz el... for me it felt super forgiving.. no break in period at all for me.. i think 25-30 swings and its game ready.. all my local guys have swung it. seen a guy from GA out of wrapper hitting balls a mile with it.. with me it comes down to carry and exit speed and feel.. handle wasn't flexy at all.. barrel was super forgiving. and price point at 187.99 with a promo code with a return you can't beat..
Stiff barrel feel or soft?

jhitman

nope, no 2020. they had RI one, purple color. is it same as og, i have no idea. People seem to prefer OG more though, reason why you might find purple one for less price. I've heard firestick is pretty good too, but never swung one so can't speak for it myself. Keep in mind. awakening is 1 piece and if you are one of those that don't like one piece then u might not like it. For me, i couldn't care less as long as it has a massive endload and launches bombs. LOL

I have hit one piece bats back in the day about 5-10 years ago and hit them pretty well. What's the best 2020 that Anarchy offers in your opinion?

dunkky

as much as i like to answer that, i am the least qualified person to answer your question. Chile, Boltman, Normy, all swung more anarchys than i did. but one thing that i get from the consensus is that these new ones are not as good as the old ones. I mean price speaks for itself. Rebellion, demon, awakening, nitrous, diablo on and on. they are not cheap even used. Since you like dc41 and seems to like big endload, you can't never go wrong with rebellion, awakening or firestick in my opinion. People say demon is fantastic but that's not 1oz endload. rebellion price is outrageous, **** that. get used awakening or firestick around 200 plus minus 10 to 20 I think. honestly, i think it's damn worth it even you play once per week. i don't even play asa anymore, but i have no problem keeping the awakening for occational pick up games or for a couple of tournaments.

Jbird-21

Manager
Any chance this TPZ is the Louisville version of the Demarini Nihilist? Descriptions sound the same but pretty big price difference. Both owned by same parent company so I imagine they may share technology.
doesn't sound the same to me.. there not like miken or worth that pump out the same exact bats over and over.. they actually have separate rd dept.. unlike m/w...

Jbird-21

Manager
your right price diff is crazy.. i swung the natty asa felt way to el even in the 26 oz i swung.. wasn't the biggest fan... I'm still a fan of the usa flipper..

Normy

Soft barrel, stiff handle, huge sweetspot, slight endload, nice sound, good looker, decent price, great performance...might be the next Normy special.

Now just need to know how much wiggle room on compression and the durability factor.

Jbird-21

Manager
Soft barrel, stiff handle, huge sweetspot, slight endload, nice sound, good looker, decent price, great performance...might be the next Normy special.

Now just need to know how much wiggle room on compression and the durability factor.

yes sir.. that was literally first 20 swings we put on it.. ill have much better video this up coming weekend.. finally going to be in the 80's down in palm springs.. got some buddies doing a demo session with the asa bats

its a non linear.. there is tons of wiggle room with these. they fail at 1100 i believe.. so far durability has not been a issue.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not qualified to answer that question as I have only swung two utrip bats. 19 dc41 and est xxl. But if I voice my opinion based on my limited experience, i know one thing for sure. I don't care how hot utrip bats are, they will not out perform the awakening or purple xxl hitting 52. Just my opinion based on my limited experience. But hitting hard ball is another story.
If your dc was still pinging it was probably about 20% broken in. It sound like every other composite once broken in.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
ASA bats are designed to hit the 52 COR ball. USSSA bats are designed to hit the harder stuff. ASA bats should hit the 52 balls better for most people and won't be very durable hitting hard stuff (other then Anarchy which are tanks). USSSA bats will hit 52 balls good for good hitters. If you can hit, you can hit. That said, swing whatever works best for you (specs and overall comfort and results). Too many people chase the "hottest" bat but aren't consistent. Whatever few extra feet some bats are hyped to get isn't worth the inconsistency.
@jhitman this is basically what I was getting at. If you can still swing your utrip bat and it's working for you then go ahead and do it. An ASA bat 'should' hit the .52s better but realistically the performance increase you see will most likely be negligible within 5'-10'. it isn't going to be like shaving a bat

jhitman

@jhitman this is basically what I was getting at. If you can still swing your utrip bat and it's working for you then go ahead and do it. An ASA bat 'should' hit the .52s better but realistically the performance increase you see will most likely be negligible within 5'-10'. it isn't going to be like shaving a bat

I agree with this, but I have found that I lose about 10' of distance with the 52's with ASA bats and hit the USSSA bats further. That's why it's perplexing why the bat manufacturers claim the ASA bats hit the sh@@ out of the 52's. I have NOT found this to be the case at all. Most here, not all, use USSSA bats with the 52's as we have the choice.

ShortYellowBus

I think the type of ball and the weather also has some effect on distance gains.

After it’s all said and done, players with higher bat speed and skill, theoretically will yield more distance with a USSSA bat.

Common rec league players with less experience should grab a non-linear ASA bat.

jhitman

I think the type of ball and the weather also has some effect on distance gains.

After it’s all said and done, players with higher bat speed and skill, theoretically will yield more distance with a USSSA bat.

Common rec league players with less experience should grab a non-linear ASA bat.

Could be the case....although I am now a senior player my bat speed is still pretty high. So maybe that's why the USSSA bats work better for me. I hit soft toss the other day and my DC41 (USSSA) bat was out hitting my Harvey ASA bat the whole time with 52 cor softballs.

dunkky

this is a fact. at the same time, 5 - 10 makes some differences for my power sadly. and i am not just talking about bomb. i need that extra 10 to clear the OF. LOL

also, if you look at my bp, my bat speed is also not that great.

Z1k05

Star Player
I agree with this, but I have found that I lose about 10' of distance with the 52's with ASA bats and hit the USSSA bats further. That's why it's perplexing why the bat manufacturers claim the ASA bats hit the sh@@ out of the 52's. I have NOT found this to be the case at all. Most here, not all, use USSSA bats with the 52's as we have the choice.

Couldn’t agree more, I’ve swung asa and utrip bats side by side against 52s and the utrip always has better distance, speed etc

dunkky

well. not all asa and utrip bats are created equal. imo based on my limited experience, dc41 utrip will not outperform top asa bats. maybe cause my dc41 still made ping sound and not broken in enough.. idk.

jhitman

well. not all asa and utrip bats are created equal. imo based on my limited experience, dc41 utrip will not outperform top asa bats. maybe cause my dc41 still made ping sound and not broken in enough.. idk.

If it has the pingy sound it probably isn't fully broken in. My orange DC41 2018 model USSSA bat outhits all of the ASA bats I have tried so far. I have not hit Monsta's or Anarchy's yet so it's not a blanket statement. I have bought and sold upwards of 5-7 ASA bats because they were duds hitting the 52's compared to my DC41.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
If it has the pingy sound it probably isn't fully broken in. My orange DC41 2018 model USSSA bat outhits all of the ASA bats I have tried so far. I have not hit Monsta's or Anarchy's yet so it's not a blanket statement. I have bought and sold upwards of 5-7 ASA bats because they were duds hitting the 52's compared to my DC41.
part of that might just be your comfort with that DC41

jhitman

part of that might just be your comfort with that DC41

True. I have been mostly using the DC41 since the white ones with the big red knobs came out. With the more livelier balls I think the bats can make a pretty big difference in performance. With the 52's, I think any high end bat that you feel comfortable with will do.

BBiskis

Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't seen this stamped as ASA, only USA, even listed as such on Louisville's website. Are USA bats safe for ASA leagues?