Troy, Alabama

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm moving out of the cold ass mountains of Jackson, WY back to Alabama. Anyone know of a team or someone looking for a player in Troy, Al? Mostly played C tourney when I used to live in Bama, now probably a C/D tourney player. All I would ask for is a look, or some bp. League or tournament is fine. P, 1B, 3B, C, arm isn't what it used to be, so IF would be better than OF.

Any help/info would be appreciated

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
I know quite a few guys that play a great deal in Alabama. You aren't going to find any C ball. Hasn't been a single C team in alabama in about 5 or 6 years but there are a handful of D teams that are C quality. Most of the guys I know are from North Alabama and only play up that way until some of the bigger tournaments or states are held around Montgomery. I do know a few guys from the Montgomery area tho which is about an hour from you. I can put you in contact with a friend of mine and he can probably give you a little more info about the area and maybe even hook you up with a team.

Not much of an Alabama presence on this board and never has been.

Who did you play C with when you used to live in Bama?

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
I still have plenty of contacts in Montgomery, grew up there, just didn't want to go up there to play ball, and Troy is about 25 minutes away. Lagoon has killed softball in Montgomery, or that's what I've heard. Mostly played with Eastdale, some with Orange Crush, few tournaments with the old Lumber Kings guys from 2001-2006.

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
I gotcha well like I said I don't think there is much of an Alabama presence on here. The best place to put yourself out there and maybe make a good contact would be a facebook groups (North alabama softball and South alabama adult softball) or serioussoftball.com but not much goes on except tourney postings on Serioussoftball.

Not a lot of good ball or big tourneys in bama anymore. OI Livingston really hurt the C program about 6 years ago so teams starting splitting up and playing D and now there is no C so the teams that should be C are playing D and noone wants to play D anymore. Teams duck and dodge tourneys with good teams constantly. Lagoon usually host 1 or 2 solid tourneys a year. Other than that there are some solid tourneys down closer to the coast (mobile area or dothan) then up north around Cullman.

Good luck finding a team and playing close to troy. I don't know anything about the leagues in that area but hit me up if theres anything else I can help with.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
I gotcha well like I said I don't think there is much of an Alabama presence on here. The best place to put yourself out there and maybe make a good contact would be a facebook groups (North alabama softball and South alabama adult softball) or serioussoftball.com but not much goes on except tourney postings on Serioussoftball.

Not a lot of good ball or big tourneys in bama anymore. OI Livingston really hurt the C program about 6 years ago so teams starting splitting up and playing D and now there is no C so the teams that should be C are playing D and noone wants to play D anymore. Teams duck and dodge tourneys with good teams constantly. Lagoon usually host 1 or 2 solid tourneys a year. Other than that there are some solid tourneys down closer to the coast (mobile area or dothan) then up north around Cullman.

Good luck finding a team and playing close to troy. I don't know anything about the leagues in that area but hit me up if theres anything else I can help with.

That means I'd have to get on facebook, **** that :D. Thanks for your help, worst case scenario I just go by their league office and give them my contact info, then work my way up from there.