True One

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Just made a trade with a board bro for a duel stamped One. My Fu-Dawg is not long for this world and I'm keeping y fingers crossed that with some BP the One will open up as well as my FU has.

azscotty

Manager
The True One is a very under rated bat. It's really balanced, good pop once broken in. Definitely needs about 300 swings before it opens up. It's not on the same level as the Mercy or Juggy, or any of the other DeMarini bats out. But it isn't a dud either. I like it for league ball when half of the team decides that your line drive was the bats doing and not you hitting. Like I said, good bat. Well worth buying. Opens up nice, has pop....but not on same level as the othes I mentioned.

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
Its kinda stiff out of the wrapper, but once u get a few hundred hits on it, its awesome. I love my true one and I have about 450 on mine now

Begs

Addicted to Softballfans
I put SOOOOOO many on my demo bat. I let some board bros use in Iowa too, and they but a ton of swings on it too. I still have that same bat. Its webbed, rattling and beat up but it passes compression by miles and absolutely KILLS the ball. Esp the ASA 40/375 ball. Hits everything pretty well tho. It could be this years (2014) Spec 1...IJS

junski

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought one yesterday at a tourney that i was playing in. It was niw and I used it in my 3rd game, I can honestly say that it was straight hot otw. My first at bat was a seed over ss head and my 2nd at bat was a bomb over Lf, i'm a believer truly hot imo.

Last edited:

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok awesome guys that's what I like to hear! I love my FU, and it's just unbelievable hot right now but it's webbed up and rattling and I don't know how much longer it's going to go because half the guys on my league teammates swing it. I was hoping that the ONE would get hot like FU after a few hundred cuts. Sounds like I'm in for a treat!

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mine came in last night and I've been considering moving it. Loved my FU but couldn't swing it at BLD. After reading this, I'll give it a few weeks against some 40 cors and see how it feels for next week and Labor Day ;)

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok awesome guys that's what I like to hear! I love my FU, and it's just unbelievable hot right now but it's webbed up and rattling and I don't know how much longer it's going to go because half the guys on my league teammates swing it. I was hoping that the ONE would get hot like FU after a few hundred cuts. Sounds like I'm in for a treat!

Took mine for 120 cuts this morning against a mix of older league balls (.40/325s, .40/375, .44/375, and .44/400). Feels great out of the wrapper; to me just like a balanced FU...

Distance was above average for a new stick. For comparison's sake I hit a few off a well broke in DC41... Let's just say the ONE isn't there yet :D

I will be able to take another 100 or so live pitch this week and be able to reverse the table by comparing against a NIW DC next week.

Overall, I like this stick and anxiously awaiting what the 250 and 500 mark nets in performance. At this point, I wouldn't hesitate to use this in ASA ball or against 52s :thumb:

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm fortunately still playing with 400s at BLD and 375s for ASA. That being said, I have a few .52s in my BP bag and the True One does indeed handle them well. However, his bat is starting to feel really nice (300 hits) against Classic Ms and my stash of worn down league balls. Thinking this will stay in the bag for when I need an ASA bat :cool:

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm fortunately still playing with 400s at BLD and 375s for ASA. That being said, I have a few .52s in my BP bag and the True One does indeed handle them well. However, his bat is starting to feel really nice (300 hits) against Classic Ms and my stash of worn down league balls. Thinking this will stay in the bag for when I need an ASA bat :cool:

I wonder if BLD will switch to 52/275 next year.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been hearing rumblings about that happening down here at the start of the year. I think it'll all boil down to cost, how much cheaper can they get the Hycons or Hot Dots compared to their non-Association ball...

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Jut now getting to updat this post. I put around 50 cuts on my 27 that is said to have roughly 100.(looked pretty new to me). Everyone says they swing light, but my 27 feels like a 27 oz FUDawg. It is very stiff, reminds me a lot of a NOW FU. It sounds pretty nice considering it needing 100 plus more cuts to get there, distance was kinda surprising for as few cuts it had. I was pretty consistently launching .52's over the 300' fence, and the ZN's and BP rockets were going 20-30 ft further. All in all I love the feel of this bat, and have high expectations. Oh and after the 50 swings it started to show some traditional vertical webbing, I also noticed a slight sound change toward the end of BP.

NorCal5150

Rep for GS Sports
I think the True One's are very underated. They are decent out of the wrapper but considerably better after 300 swings. After about 500 they are more than game ready. They do swing very balanced and all 3 that I have had have all come in a little light(26.5, 26.7, 26.8). I couldnt tell you for sure but the first one I got has to have 2000+ swings on it and is still in once piece some how. I have no reason to swing an ASA only stick so I havent even swung a Mercy or FU Dog. If the True One lacks in perfromance I cant imagine its much. And anything it may lack in perfromance will more than be made up for in durability!

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd say with well over 300 hits and some nice webbing through the yellow and light blue, this has nicer distance and feel compared to my FU. I really liked my FU, but this is for sure my ASA go to...

My hitting partners seemed to favor hitting lasers with the TRUE ONE over all my others.