Turfs of choice?

dhark

Need a new pair of turfs. Usually went with boombahs but it seems their selection of colors and styles is diminishing. Haven’t bought a new pair in years what’s everyone rocking? Also anything waterproof out there? Sucks when early morning dew get you feet soaked.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
Nike Alpha Huarache Elite 2 or 3 Turf Baseball turfs.
Comfortable good traction and lightweight. They have been my goto turf on all surfaces since last season.

lorichie56

Picked up a pair of these and really like them so far. replaced my NB's. Liked them so much I also bought the cleat version.

Nike Alpha Huarache Elite 3 Turf
alpha-huarache-elite-3-turf-baseball-shoe-jPl1pw.png

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Are the cool kids still rocking Salomon Speedcrosses? I picked up some of those a year and finally got to try them out last week. Had so much traction on the turf fields I almost sprained both ankles and pulled both hamstrings running to 1B (I'm pretty sure being out of shape playing my first games in a year and half had nothing to do with it).

D-ROCK13

I switched from boombah to a pair of new balance trail shoes, much more comfortable and so far no traction issues, even in the grass during rainy conditions

Committed

Has anyone tried the Sauccony trail runners? Got a pair recently and they look like the tread is more aggressive and closer to a cleat than my teammates Solomons. Excited to try them out this week.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
Saucony, Altra, Hoka, and Brooks all make really good trail runners that are great for softball. Pricier but worth it IMO and out last most others. I've tried the New Balance turfs but they just didn't feel good on my feet but I see a lot of them out there with the Sr guys who seem really happy with them.

Need a new pair of turfs. Usually went with boombahs but it seems their selection of colors and styles is diminishing. Haven’t bought a new pair in years what’s everyone rocking? Also anything waterproof out there? Sucks when early morning dew get you feet soaked.

I wear/play New Balance shoes mainly because of the width of their shoes. they have regular widths but also wide and xtra wide. These are the shoes that my podiatrist recommended to me one day when i was having an extremely large splinter/sliver of wood removed from my left foot. I do wear X-Wide walking, running, and trail running (softball).

Hoka may make the very best trail running shoe that you can use as a turf shoe, any of the Hoka One models (several to choose from) but expect to pay $150/pair. I wear New Balance Nitrel V3 Trail Running Shoes for my softball shoes, they are X-Wide and on Amazon, depending on color, you can get from $55 and lower. Sometimes more expensive are................just more expensive. Boombahs are not good for your feet.

westdude

Addicted to Softballfans
I think mids are more of a preference thing, they feel a little more secure on the foot at the trade off of a little weight. I have been using Salomons super cross and speed cross and they've been good. I stocked up this year and got some turfs from under armour, mizuno, and under armour. If you don't mind white shoes, new balance is clearing out their fresh foam freezelx 2.0 turfs this week for $30. Last I checked they only had 11 and 11.5 left in standard widths, but I bought 3 pairs haha.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
The New Balance Umpiring shoes are very good and fit right in that, a little more tread than you need for a turf shoe but not as much as cleat that some people here really seem to be looking for. They are the 950v3, I got mine in the mids and used them for Worlds last year. I worked 26 games in 3 days and the shoes held up really well. If you've ever found that Boombahs are just a touch too narrow for your feet, try these in a 2E width. I won't step on the field in anything else now.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I saw the umps shoes, may try them but i will probably chx out the boombah although they dont have many options and even less color options $30 is worth a try

D-ROCK13

Boombah's are great for the price, excellent traction on all surfaces. They do run a tad narrow in the toe box area from my experience, and the insoles aren't super comfortable, but light years better than any molded cleat

blakcherry329

The Boombah turfs I got are amazing. I’m never going back to molded cleats. The traction is great on grass and dirt. And feel like a running shoe. And only &30
I go to the clearance rack every other year and buy 2 or 3 pair for about $100. Can't beat that. They're pretty good, imo. Really good at $30 or less.

ShortYellowBus

Did anyone buy the Diamonds Turfs? I found the simple design appealing and decided the $39 was worth investing.

I have about six games on them, and they’ve been really good! Anyone else have an opinion on these?

upload_2021-5-3_8-30-5.jpeg

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I've got 2 pair of salomon sc4 that I wear for games. I recently got a really good deal on some NB fresh foams and we'll see what's up with those shortly