Turfs vs. Cleats

JohnnyH

Addicted to Softballfans
Outfielder checking in. I need cleats in the grass or I will slip. I wish it wasn't the case because they don't help my plantar fasciitis at all. I take them off immediately after games.

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
I have Asic turfs and Seedcross 3's. At SS I actually prefer my Asics as I feel like I move laterally a bit better. The Speedcross 3's are more comfy and I'll give them a shot on long days. But for league, I go Asics for now.

Anyone else feel like the Speedcross 3's are a little less stable? I rely on my quickness and want to cut bases hard without worrying about my ankles turning.

john1990

The Veteran
I've been wearing molded cleats since making the switch from baseball to softball.. I recently bought a pair of new balance 4040 turfs they're great, light very comfortable and are well vented. The verdict is still out on how they will perform outside, as I am currently playing in an indoor

lucas neil

Cleats consist of a standard designed shoe on all sides and come in high top and low-top heights. The bottom of the shoe varies in stiffness depending on the make and manufacturer, and is usually covered with eight to 15 cleat studs. Cleat studs can be made of metal or rubber, depending on the sport, and are limited to a length of a half inch by most leagues. Turf shoes are designed with maximum mobility in mind and offer very little stiffness on the sole of the shoe. The height of turf shoes is mostly low-top, and the underside of the shoe features dozens of small rubber studs with very little spacing between each stud.

amace04

Only ever worn cleats. I play usually 4 times a week, and tournaments most weekends during the summer. Around here (Northwestern Ontario), we get a fair amount of rain, and always dew early in the morning. I'm primarily an outfielder, so I prefer the grip of cleats.

I've actually mostly wear football cleats, as I find they're lighter and provide the best traction for me. I certainly do go through them faster.

kingbenny

Addicted to Softballfans
I use to wear cleats but not anymore.In our last weekend tournament, I forgot my shoes an had to borrow some cleats.I have to say I was getting foot cramps.I run a lot and for my group, I am pretty quick but could not move as well.
I switched to soccer cleats .they are more stable, more comfortable, better traction and dang they look good. these are the ones I wear
adidas Men's Goletto VI TF Soccer Cleats

Just saying for me my feet feel much better after a day of ball

chedched

Coach
I haven't been on this forum in a long time (2 years maybe...) and I log in to find a thread I started on the first page. Maybe I should make a comeback...

arther itis

payin' to get paid
I haven't been on this forum in a long time (2 years maybe...) and I log in to find a thread I started on the first page. Maybe I should make a comeback...

:D yes, start a thread asking what's the best ASA composite and/or best ASA singlewall

those threads always get lots of reactions