Turfs vs Molded

DHM

Extra Hitter
hey...so back to shoes: I don't think molded cleats are worth the discomfort and they are typically made with inferior materials to the actual metal cleats for baseball. They didn't seem to grip well on really dry, hard infields either. Couple years ago I switched to aggressive trail shoes and never looked back. Lot of guys like Salomons, recommend you also look at Inov-8 and vivobarefoot. Find a pair that you can wear and run in all weekend, whatever is comfortable for you.

wizkid2016

hey...so back to shoes: I don't think molded cleats are worth the discomfort and they are typically made with inferior materials to the actual metal cleats for baseball. They didn't seem to grip well on really dry, hard infields either. Couple years ago I switched to aggressive trail shoes and never looked back. Lot of guys like Salomons, recommend you also look at Inov-8 and vivobarefoot. Find a pair that you can wear and run in all weekend, whatever is comfortable for you.
Thank you sir

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
I was diagnosed with Planters fasciitis about 4 years ago and have been wearing Adidas trail shoes ever since with no issues. I have two pairs one for BP and the other for games.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
I think it was mentioned earlier, but if you have a wide foot, Salomons may not work for you, at least they didn't for me. New Balance makes a good turf shoe in wide, but I've gotten a couple different models of Saucony trail running shoes (Xodus and KOA) and love them. Pricier than Adidas but fit and perform great and I've had great durability as well. Worth taking a look at.

D-ROCK13

I just got a pair of skechers trail shoes and love them. Way more comfortable than cleats and I have yet to notice any traction loss. Plus they have memory foam insoles and are water resistant and were only $25 new.

Normy

Comfort over traction for me. I wore Nike cleats this year that were stiff and non breathable. Couldn't wait to get them off. Really considering the New Balance turfs unless someone on here can talk me out of it.

MaStEr IrOc

I wore molded when I first started in the outfield, now I switched to turfs. way more comfortable and I don't notice a loss in traction or anything. Additionally, the molded would cause my shin splints to act up and I have never had an issue with turf shoes

Country469

You guys want trail shoes. A turf shoe is specifically made for turf. The turfs Ive owned and used on the turf in MB all excelled and were super comfy. Most of us are playing on hard packed dirt all day and those mini numbs aren't gonna cut it traction wise. Hell I don't see pros wearing them too often either.

Normy

You guys want trail shoes. A turf shoe is specifically made for turf. The turfs Ive owned and used on the turf in MB all excelled and were super comfy. Most of us are playing on hard packed dirt all day and those mini numbs aren't gonna cut it traction wise. Hell I don't see pros wearing them too often either.
Good point.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
j6ualk.jpg

I just ordered these bad boys yesterday. Nike Zoom Trout 3

Dan411

Star Player
A poor man's Salomon's. Nice. There are some Turfs that have enough traction for dirt, but definitely not for OF. Salomon-like treads are good for any position, imo.
Cheers to this. I have a pair and they are still in good shape after playing in them all season (playing twice a week). Boombah turfs deserve the bad rap they have. I have had three pair (don't ask why I didn't stop after the first), and they didn't last. The Hellcat's are a different story. One thing I liked about them, well two if you factor price, is the lugs on the bottom are more durable for me than the Salomon's were. I have had three pairs of Salomon's BTW.

Normy

They are basically a copy of the speedcross. Haven't seen anyone with them on the field yet. The Solomons are tough to beat. I won't wear anything else. I even have a pair I wear to work!
I think I may have changed my mind...again lol

blakcherry329

Cheers to this. I have a pair and they are still in good shape after playing in them all season (playing twice a week). Boombah turfs deserve the bad rap they have. I have had three pair (don't ask why I didn't stop after the first), and they didn't last. The Hellcat's are a different story. One thing I liked about them, well two if you factor price, is the lugs on the bottom are more durable for me than the Salomon's were. I have had three pairs of Salomon's BTW.
I get my Boombahs off the Clearance rack because of the durability issues. However, I've been pleasantly surprised, lately. I have 2 pair that I alternate and they've been holding up.