Not GTG turnupthelights aka Daniel Jiacopello selling bats he doesn't have

Decided to skip the buyer beware or need help for this one.

turnupthelights
Daniel Jiacopello is selling bats he does not have.

Here is the current list of guys, what they bought, and the status

hittnhard---27oz J3A for $160, paypal claim made and my refund cleared on Aug 2nd...8 days after I paid for a bat the seller never had to sell.
gswauger04-----27oz J3A for $165, refund pending with paypal
joejoe7----28oz sy98h for $140, dispute started with paypal
ralphrscott----28oz sy98h for $140, refund pending with paypal
calandgab---2 27oz J3A's for $325, refund pending with paypal
SoftballDad52---28oz sy98h for $140, refund pending with paypal
Ballin21----30oz st100h for $160, refund pending with paypal
RollieA----27oz J3A for $160, refund pending with paypal
sberger----28oz J3A for $145, refund pending with paypal
tmr110----27oz J3A, refund pending with paypal
joemans_78---27oz J3A for $160, refund pending with paypal
Sryan42---27oz J3A for $200, refund pending with paypal
UptotheKnuckle---27oz J3A for $160, refund pending with paypal
tcb1423---27oz J3A for $160, refund pending with paypal
cendresfishing---27oz J3A for $160, refund pending with paypal

Sold the 27oz j3a 10 times. What a scammer.

Here are a couple of his threads:
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1312126
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1312123
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1312144
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1312127

This is my deal and interactions...others should post theirs. There are also details about the sales in the threads above.

---I buy a 27oz j3a from him on Thursday around 1pm. He tells me that it will go out Friday.

---On Friday I ask for shipping info and (very rudely) he replies that he had already told me that he wouldn't be shipping until Saturday.

---On Saturday I ask for shipping info and he says he is in a tournament and won't have time, so he will ship first thing Monday morning.

---On Monday around noon I ask about the shipping info and I get this reply...
"i wish it was one of my bats i have on me...he told me he'd have it out today he has the money and im waiting on tracking"

---I ask what is going on, who "he" is, and why he told me he had it with him the whole time if someone else was shipping it. He never answers any of these questions.

---I have him a time frame for shipping or a refund, tell him I need one or the other by 3:30pm. He says "do wat u gotta do id give him til usps closer today if not tomorro. but up to u"

---I at 3:45 I tell him I'm done with this scam and want the refund. He says ok.

---At 4:15 (since there was no refund yet) I start my paypal dispute.

---Now he says that paypal is holding my funds since I started the dispute and he won't send a refund because that would be like paying me twice.
---------Really have no clue what he is talking about there...I explained to him that if paypal is holding the funds, once he refunds them to me they will be released to me and we can be done.

----Since then he is just ignoring my texts.

Last edited:

gswauger04

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm blowing up his phone until I get my refund. Hopefully others do the same.

I'll be texting him right now!!
I sent money for a 27oz on Thursday too

He told me he would ship Saturday.
I texted him Saturday and he said he got held up at a tournament

I texted him today for confirmation around 4:30 and still no response

I'll be texting him right now!!
I sent money for a 27oz on Thursday too

He told me he would ship Saturday.
I texted him Saturday and he said he got held up at a tournament

I texted him today for confirmation around 4:30 and still no response

So you would be the 7th 27oz then...pretty good for a guy that said he had 2-3 and a friend might have 1 more for sale.

He won't answer my texts anymore. And have a feeling he won't be coming back here.

I've never had this problem ...
Can someone help me out with file a complaint?

PM me and I will walk you through it if you need.

I have a feeling a few others will be doing this too. From PM's I'm getting there are 4-5 guys expecting Easton's from him too.

With all these people I think we should really consider individually calling his local PD if we don't have refunds soon.

Paypal will be busy with this guy! I let the lady I talked to know that more disputes will be coming,hopefully he didn't get all the money out of the account first.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I agree, since I am one of them also. I have paid, no response or shipping or refund etc.....I made the mistake of sending as a gift...I may be out some cash.

Atlantic City Police Dept
. 2711 Atlantic Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 » Map (609) 347-5356 IF anyone wants to get the ball rolling with his local police, this is one of 4-5 police depts. in the area.

he just got back to me saying to stop blowing up his phone and that he can't send a refund with a dispute started. What a ****ing joke

all he has to do is refund the money and the dispute will be settled, is that not correct?

Yes, told him that but I think he thinks he is still going to get away with the scam somehow.

Also, just got a couple more text's from him saying:
"i just wont ship n put it in ur favor? i dunno dunno why u did that"
Then
"im pretty busy for the next 5 hrs...good luck with ur team"

Yes, told him that but I think he thinks he is still going to get away with the scam somehow.

Also, just got a couple more text's from him saying:
"i just wont ship n put it in ur favor? i dunno dunno why u did that"
Then
"im pretty busy for the next 5 hrs...good luck with ur team"

He isn't responding to my PM's either but I said the same thing about the refund and that we will be calling the police also.

RollieA

Addicted to Softballfans
Shot I did the same mistake of sending as gift! So I might be out $160 damn that hurts specially with no job!

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
why would some of you send money to this guy without him shipping first? He has 2 itrader feedbacks as the seller and has very minimal feedback in the feedback section. I hope you guys get your money back. DO NOT STOP YOUR DISPUTE OR YOU WILL BE SCREWED. Gotta protect yourselves though fellas...

Got some more info from a helpful board bro, who found these names and addresses tied to the phone number he is using:

Carl Mauro
100 W End Ave
Hammonton, NJ 08037

Daniel J Jiacopello
260 4th Ave
Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215
[email protected]