Not GTG turnupthelights aka Daniel Jiacopello selling bats he doesn't have

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans
Screenshot_2013-07-30-14-10-41.png

Screenshot_2013-07-30-14-10-54.png

I got a confirmation PP email shortly after. Refund should process in 3-5 days.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I have a "PENDING" paypal refund for August 2nd of 140 dollars. I got lulled by all the GTG SBF Bros....I should not have send as a gift. I just posted NGTG Feedback in TurnuptheLights profile.

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans
This is EXACTLY the way he tried to get me to pay more for a 2nd one. Same word for word. And I see they are the same pics he has send to others.
Does anyone really still believe this guy ever planned on sending anything out???

I don't know bro. He seemed pretty chill to me. Would have liked the bat though but. This is just the texts and how it happened, unbiastly.

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a "PENDING" paypal refund for August 2nd of 140 dollars. I got lulled by all the GTG SBF Bros....I should not have send as a gift. I just posted NGTG Feedback in TurnuptheLights profile.

He had about 5 gtg on itrader but they were all for buying not one for selling. Thats why i sent 168 its just peice of mind. Had it been another member with 20+ sales I probably would have sent gift as well. Any communication has been cordial with me but i guess I wasn't really stressing it on way or the other. Would be in the market for another bat once I receive PP funds though :( Just wanted that J3

Most guys having problems have won their paypal claims and a waiting for funds to clear. Looking better than I thought this would.

turnupthelights

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Most guys having problems have won their paypal claims and a waiting for funds to clear. Looking better than I thought this would.

They won their claims bc I refunded them. I've shipped all the bats and refunded everyone... If I missed someone LMK. You guys need to relax and a couple of you need to get lives. I was 24 hours late.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan

Did you make a detailed list of who claims to have bought and paid and whether or not refunds are pending or bats are sent (confirmed):confused::confused::confused:

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
They won their claims bc I refunded them. I've shipped all the bats and refunded everyone... If I missed someone LMK. You guys need to relax and a couple of you need to get lives. I was 24 hours late.

I don't have a dog in this fight. But when you do that many deals for the same type of bat, questions are going to arise. When those questions and concerns popped up, your priority at the time should have been communication and not a tournament or other weekend activities... It is good that you followed through and closed out deals, but until everyone has been satisfied, OBD is your tag. The sad part is that NOW, it will be very difficult to gain trust from anyone who reads this regardless if the OBD tag is removed. Communication is the key here....:):)

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
no, I will if that is needed for something?

Good Sir. I am not trying to beat a dead horse at ALL. If YOU were to put up a detailed list of everyone who you may have dealt with and show how it was resolved by YOU will end what this thread has done the worst damage to your rep. The fact that people think there are OTHERS (Multitudes) that are still awaiting a bat who may have not seen this thread. It is a way to show that this WHOLE situation is being responsibly addressed. Best of luck to you in the future.

Did you make a detailed list of who claims to have bought and paid and whether or not refunds are pending or bats are sent (confirmed):confused::confused::confused:

I made a list of everyone that had contacted me was on this thread. It is on the 1st post of the thread.
I assume there are more...especially since the scammer posted something about sending some bats out.

for anyone that wants to spend a little more and actually get a bat, PM Coach: http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?p=17216121
This is what i ended up doing.

This right here. Spend the extra $40, you'll get a receipt and a brand new bat within a week. Game over. No "buddies" to deal with and tourneys still "buckin"

haha for sure.

ibtim2316

Addicted to Softballfans

I like how he acts like he did nothing wrong, dude you got caught trying to scam. Clearly you did not have that many bats and kept making deals. Shadeball

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Gotta love a guy with an OBD tag trying to sell NIW bats in a NG2G thread about him. Things that make you go hmmm

Last edited:
Guys---please update me or the thread in the next couple days if you can...I know a lot of pending refunds are suppose to go through by then.

Last edited:

cendresfishing

Star Player
I've got one to add. On July 26 I bought a 27 flex from turnupthelights. I sent paypal immediately, he never shipped. He will not respond to text messages and now I'm waiting on a refund from pay pal. I need a J3a, now my money is tied up waiting to get a refund..... This kind of nonsense hurts our reputation and hurts all the truly GTG brothers on this site.

Someone else just told me they got their refund too. Everyone keep posting and I will update this when I can. Leaving in about 3 minutes for a tourney this weekend so might have to update everything Sunday when I get home.

Even after everyone gets their refund I still would tell people to NEVER deal with turnupthelights. Anyone that sells the exact same bat to 10 different people should never be trusted.

Looks like it is clearing up. If someone is still having problems, post here. And guys---leaving whatever feedback you feel is deserved for this guy...people need to know what's up.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Refund the PayPal. They sent pp you will refund pp. no reason they should have to accept western union.

Wasn't there some kind of scam with Western Union or with their money orders a few years ago? I remember alot of people and places stopped accepting them.