Ugh... 1st Game of the Season, and I'm THAT GUY Already... sigh

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
thinking you lost the game due to this one bat AND BELIEVING IT, is what's unbelievable to me.

So wait, it's coed AND no umpire? Real competitive league it sounds like..

This comment right here tells me everything I need to know about how "competitive" this league is.

You SO miss the point. I am not saying it is all to blame. It is about rules & cheating, not looking for excuses (I am a good loser when it is fair).

Some people lack the capacity to understand such things...

Self-Umped is more about budgets & $ than skill/competitiveness.

But, it's OK, I get it. You enjoy being a douche. Good for you.

cyoung187

Coach
U-trip bats are SOOO much hotter. I/you can hit the same ball 20-30 feet further with U-Trip vs ASA.

And,yes, I know that 1.2 BPF is not same as MPH, but if ASA max out at 98, then U-trip are probably getting close to 120, if not exceeding it. They had somke big dudes with proper cuts that went 300+ feet. :eek:

Usssa bats do not hit near 120 MPH. Maybe 102. Yes they are hotter, but you are definitly over-estimating it. 300 feet isn't that impresive, even with an asa bat. Props to you for calling out an illegal bat though. A lot of the teams in my leagues wouldn't be that stand up about it.

jaj23

Eye Baller
I actually said I was at risk the most. Am I not? So, you don't think a guy 46 feet away from a 120+MPH batted ball is more at risk than 98MPH? :confused:

U-trip bats are SOOO much hotter. I/you can hit the same ball 20-30 feet further with U-Trip vs ASA.

And,yes, I know that 1.2 BPF is not same as MPH, but if ASA max out at 98, then U-trip are probably getting close to 120, if not exceeding it. They had somke big dudes with proper cuts that went 300+ feet. :eek:

1.20 doesn't mean 120mph. Common misconception. fyi

Learn something new every day on here...:rolleyes::D

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Usssa bats do not hit near 120 MPH. Maybe 102. Yes they are hotter, but you are definitly over-estimating it. 300 feet isn't that impresive, even with an asa bat. Props to you for calling out an illegal bat though. A lot of the teams in my leagues wouldn't be that stand up about it.

Yeah, I know not that much... I've been around here long enough to know that... my point is that these were not meh hits, but HITS... that could hurt someone, if to the wrong place (like at me).

U-trip go faster than only 4mph more than ASA. Sorry. In fact, I took BP with both last week. ASA out to maybe 10' from the fence. Switched to Bass USSSA, and then they were 10-20+ feet over it. I am not prepared to do the Physics calculations for this, but I gotta believe it is more than only 4MPH more...

I'm pretty sure I read a thread some time back that clocked U-Trip hits at these speeds...

We have the ASA bat rules for safety reasons, and I want it to be safe for all (especially me!). I can't always tell a bat that has been doctored, but I sure can spot them and look into it. During game is better (hey, I'm human), but cheating is cheating (even if accidental), and even if found later, it should matter (ie. MLB & steroids)...

Ben_Johnson41

The Gr8est Show on Dirt™
Cliff Notes for those who need a short version of his story:

I play in a Co-Ed ASA league.

we collapsed in T7 (errors & hot hits by other team)...

I had 5-6 hit @/by me that I could not catch (too fast).

I was a little pissed

I told him that changing the result was up to him (a little guilt to do the right thing, maybe)

In other news, my new Z1000 for ASA is $$$. 3 for 3 tonight for 6 RBI's. :)

drabidea

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the heads up Pete. If I see them swinging that bat in a game against us I am calling them out.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the heads up Pete. If I see them swinging that bat in a game against us I am calling them out.

That's right! I forgot you were on here, too. Guess you know who it was then. Oopsie.

Considering that it cost them the game, I doubt he will try that again (not the Cap, but the rogue player)...

And, it was @ Hunt, so you know how that goes, over OF'ers, and you're screwed... :{

thenatdb

Gooby Plz!
cool-story-bro-image.png

ss_stud

Addicted to Softballfans
its kinda ridicilous to ask for a result change lol....just calll him out on it next time during the game and get a free out....no reason to be upset about now

66FLH

Addicted to Softballfans
Take that same bat away from him and hit him across the shins next time you see him...That'll teach him to use an illegal bat in co-ed!

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
I actually said I was at risk the most. Am I not? So, you don't think a guy 46 feet away from a 120+MPH batted ball is more at risk than 98MPH? :confused:

As a pitcher, I live with risk every time out. I get that. That is why I am in favor of mush balls & ASA bats. USSSA bats are MUCH hotter than ASA. I can go yard easily with U-Trip bats. ASA, hardly ever. = More Risk (than usual).

120mph are you on crack. Where do you get 120mph from vs. 98mph. Holy crap!

How can you ask for the W if the bat appeal wasn't done during the game. Wait for the next game and deal with it.

Last edited:

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
120mph are you on crack. Where do you get 120mph from vs. 98mph. Holy crap!

How can you ask for the W if the bat appeal wasn't done during the game. Wait for the next game and deal with it.

c'mon, he plays in a competitive coed league. he knows what he's talking about! the guy hit a homerun in ASA 300 feet! THE HORROR.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Lou hits 120mph, it's a well known fact. Only when he swings his 120mph bats though.

Larrivee

The Veteran
For OP:

On long posts you can put TL;DR (too long; didn't read) and a summary at the end for the lazy. In your case:

TL;DR
I saw a UTRIP bat in an ASA Co-Ed League, called the other captain out (also league pres), I think I might be a douche, True Story Bro

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Take the loss like a man, and no man should brag about going 3 for 3 in coed.

I've seen and played with some girls that play competitive Coed softball that would put 1/2 guys on this site to shame..

I'm not scared of girls swinging u-trip bats.

PS...I've never seen a "pretty competitive" co-ed rec league, but if it makes you feel better about yourself.

See above and as usual you add nothing to another thread... Trolling at it's finest...

kweiss

Addicted to Softballfans
Rec league hero here.

I call out USSSA bats all the time. Probably catch 3 or 4 a year. I used to think it was a big deal like OP, but after the 7th or 8th time I stopped caring.

Now if I see an illegal bat I'll just roll the ball to home plate, walk off the mound, and politely ask the ump if we can check that bat for an ASA stamp. They look, don't find anything, and penalize the cheaters for using it during an at bat.

The other team usually makes a scene and thinks I'm a douche, but most of the time it's just for show. In my experience, 9/10 teams using an illegal bat are seasoned dbags who think they can take advantage of teams who don't know better. Hell, I called a guy out for using an Ultra 2 in coed. He made a scene and acted like he was getting robbed, had no idea it was illegal, etc. Then in the parking lot when I asked him, he just says, "Yeah, I knew what that bat was." WTF??

Think about it, nobody stumbles onto a 454 Legit or any other elite utrip bat at Walmart or Sports Authority. The fact they even own the bat means they either went online and read the blurb on SBF, egay, etc. where it blatantly says "NOT APPROVED FOR ASA PLAY" or they have a friend who did the same thing.

Bust the cheaters. You could be saving someone serious injuries, and you're keeping the game from turning into a circus.

If they don't know it's illegal they will now. Ignorance isn't an excuse to cheat. Learn the rules if you want to play the game, and if you do know the rules and cheat anyway then you deserve every penalty there is.

juice64011

Addicted to Softballfans
I've seen and played with some girls that play competitive Coed softball that would put 1/2 guys on this site to shame..

See above and as usual you add nothing to another thread... Trolling at it's finest...

I've seen some girls that can play as well but I really doubt that it's a really competitive league playing on fields with no fences. Where we play the higher the league the better the fields you get to play on for the most part.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
I've seen some girls that can play as well but I really doubt that it's a really competitive league playing on fields with no fences. Where we play the higher the league the better the fields you get to play on for the most part.

You'd have to live in VT and understand how few good fields there are... this field is an alternate for our main, fenced field. I hate it. We have looked for better ones around us, and they are all taken every year... :{

Any way, an update, as the other coach owned up to it, and was willing to take the L for the transgression, I decided that one good turn deserves another, and we are going to call it a tie, with my condition that we send a league communication about this rule & its importance to fairness & safety for all.

Some of you folks should really take time to read the entire thread before you post some trollish idiocy that just makes you look like a tool. For realz. (Not this guy, but others)

Last edited:

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Rec league hero here.

I call out USSSA bats all the time. Probably catch 3 or 4 a year. I used to think it was a big deal like OP, but after the 7th or 8th time I stopped caring.

Now if I see an illegal bat I'll just roll the ball to home plate, walk off the mound, and politely ask the ump if we can check that bat for an ASA stamp. They look, don't find anything, and penalize the cheaters for using it during an at bat.

The other team usually makes a scene and thinks I'm a douche, but most of the time it's just for show. In my experience, 9/10 teams using an illegal bat are seasoned dbags who think they can take advantage of teams who don't know better. Hell, I called a guy out for using an Ultra 2 in coed. He made a scene and acted like he was getting robbed, had no idea it was illegal, etc. Then in the parking lot when I asked him, he just says, "Yeah, I knew what that bat was." WTF??

Think about it, nobody stumbles onto a 454 Legit or any other elite utrip bat at Walmart or Sports Authority. The fact they even own the bat means they either went online and read the blurb on SBF, egay, etc. where it blatantly says "NOT APPROVED FOR ASA PLAY" or they have a friend who did the same thing.

Bust the cheaters. You could be saving someone serious injuries, and you're keeping the game from turning into a circus.

If they don't know it's illegal they will now. Ignorance isn't an excuse to cheat. Learn the rules if you want to play the game, and if you do know the rules and cheat anyway then you deserve every penalty there is.

^^ This ^^

Nice to know that there are some reasonable people here...

I suspect that many who think "No Big Deal" probably pull sh|t like this or swing glass, etc., and they have a need to rationalize their d|ckish behavior... :rolleyes:

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Uh you guys know that plenty of OG/Current ASA bats get just as hot or hotter than Utrip bats right? Youre not saving anyone from injuries just so you know, if you were how the hell are there Utrip/NSA bats on the market in the first place? If they were so hot everyone in those associations would be dead or maimed.....Are you playing in Adult "Developmental" Leagues or something? Jesus, just ****ing play.....and for the record I dont swing glass, or utrip bats in ASA league. That said rolling the ball to pitcher and walking off the mound would make your melon one big bullseye around here. IJS

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
I think you don't get the point that we understand what you're saying but you're blowing swinging a utrip bat in an ASA league WAY out of proportion like someone was swinging an ultra. Was it against the rules? yes. Did it change the game enough to warrant changing the result? Highly unlikely.