Uncommon Webs

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Don't know if you've noticed, but the replacement SS for the SD Padres is using what appears to be a 12" two piece web Rawlings at shortstop. Pretty effectively I must admit.

Have you noticed any other little discrepancies like that this season?

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
nice catch. Not sure why others dont use them on IF. Solid design.

Still waiting for another to use the trapeze at SS. OZzie style

trippy1313

Starting Player
Picture??? I'm curious.

I've also been curious about the Trapeze style gloves... Anyone here used them? Likes/dislikes? Considering trying to find one.

defos

I've always been a basket web guy, but a few years ago I was buying a lot of gloves to flip and picked up a PROS27 Trap that was too nice to not use. I had it over a year before I decided to use it rather than flip it. It was "pre-owned", but not used. I broke it in the way I wanted, closing thumb to pinkie. Been using it at 3rd in slow pitch since. I also have a PROS601 Trap as my backup. I've had no issues at all. Baseball might be a different story, but I wouldn't use a 12.75 glove in the infield for baseball, and I've not used any other traps.

trippy1313

Starting Player
Interesting... I've always been a basket web guy too. Lifelong Rawlings glove fan... they just feel right on my hand. But finding a nice leather glove at a reasonable price (Under $100) anymore isn't easy.

I still use my Griffey glove I got at Big 5 for about $65, 20 years ago. It's still my gamer. The palm is thinner now, but it's my ole reliable. Has a "Confidence" factor to it. I have a couple others I use once in a while. But when I feel my fielding is slacking, I switch back, it just makes me feel at home. Lol.