Updated Avarice vs. Pure vs. Spiked USSSA

MasterB24

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm looking for an updated review on these bats. I have the Avarice already and like how it feels... The end cap popped off in under 80 swings but it's a great bat. I really want the Spiked, but want to know if it's worth the $299? I see it's for sale now, so pretty interested. I love the TPS Z1000, does anybody know if it compares to that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wouldn't mind hearing about the Pure as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
no and yes. i say no because i know heebs will give and honest to the point review. i say yes because it was a demo day event indoors and also heebs knows as well as i do that i hit with more power than he does.

so i guess im waiting for someone to get one and give an honest review from NIW stage to 5-600 hits with more of a power swing.

Derby16

Extra Hitter
Spiked/ Mine started out very stiff and to be honest its at 600 hits and still stiff. all hits are from BP with a mix of stadium balls and classic plus. it doesnt have 1 web in it yet. it will see its first game this weekend. back to the reveiw.
It took about 50 hits to get it going but at 100 it just became retarted. i thought my avarice was insane but i hit the ball 20-30ft futher with the spiked. barrel isnt as soft as the demo one i was swinging for months. has a lot of endload fo sure weighing in at 29.8 and its a 28oz. sweetspot is bigger then past combats. all in all the bat is legit.

Pure/ put it down after my spiked hit 100 hits.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
i want to try a new combat but after the combatant, im kinda not likeing them anymore, yes there hot but the last few combats have not last more than 300 swings

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
i want to try a new combat but after the combatant, im kinda not likeing them anymore, yes there hot but the last few combats have not last more than 300 swings

My gamer Combatant has an easy 1500+ on it and is making me look like I actually know how to hit. Most of those hits were over the winter below 50 degrees.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
but yet you are swinging bass? bats so fragile you feel the need to count each swing?

i was keeping count to show that its lasting longer than 100 that they all say, and my combatant was hot but 300 swings sucks, the spike i sold to my buddy and its cracked in maybe 150 swings, dont get me wrong i like them just im going to wait until the first round of them come out.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
and the only combat iv had last was the one they all say didnt with the oggs and i got about 800 swings with it, and so far all but one of my bass bats have lasted over 500 swings and i get them cheap so they work for me.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
seen the new spike with spike swinging in kc and he hit a few bombs with it and the bat looked cool

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
no and yes. i say no because i know heebs will give and honest to the point review. i say yes because it was a demo day event indoors and also heebs knows as well as i do that i hit with more power than he does.

so i guess im waiting for someone to get one and give an honest review from NIW stage to 5-600 hits with more of a power swing.

Ahh... didnt know. I'm interested in Pure also. People hit with more power than heebs? :eek:

J2009

Boom !!!!!
i will agree the first ones broke fast, like the pinky but the gspot and juiced have all made over 500 and we have a Asian one on my team thats been hit alot to and still good