ups shipping blunder

deuce0419

The Veteran
A week goes by and now its a problem ?

I am having a hard time with this ... a Buyer also has a responsibility as well !!!!

Im going to go out on a limb and agree with AJ here. Sounds like your coworker or you received a free bat on this one.

Taking advantage of a noob?? :eek:

Last edited:
Im going to go to bat for UPS here.
I think a lot on here blame it on UPS just to get a free bat or to send a box with whatever in it,
or nothing in it to get paid and not send the bat.
WHY do i say this???
I was in business for 13 years getting anywhere from at least 1 package a day, and sometimes up to
10 or more a day. Most being obvious what MIGHT be in the package. Im sure UPS emplyees would
loved to have a free pair of OAKLEYs.
Not once in all that time did i have anything go missing coming to me nor anything go missing that i shipped.
The number of bats that have been sold or traded on here probably does not even come close to the
number of packages i dealt with in that 13 years with no losses.
But have seen so many threads on here saying that UPS, or for that matter USPS or FEDEX or whoever
must have needed a bat. Most of those probably being posted by the same guys that would swear they
would NEVER swing an altered bat of any kind, and do it most of the time. Hear about too many of those on
here as well, that someone got in a trade or deal, and that the seller knew nothing about.
YEA, RIGHT.

^ I think this is closer to the truth in many cases, and it’s why threads like this are bad, it gives people the wrong idea and the rest of us pay for it in the end with increased shipping rates. There’s no such thing as a free bat, the cost of the missing bat has to come from somewhere else.

M22KLARS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I deal with a TON of incoming/outgoing UPS/FedEx/USPS (100+ packages a day) every single day. We never have issues...

TheJackal666

Silence....I keel you
I always forget to to this, but with UPS unless they were there and you signed it, you always have the right to refuse a package that was left for you. Also people listen up here.... We get alot of stuff in at the fire station via ups. We have a policy that if you sign for it and its wrong you fix it. So even tho it pisses the driver off, we open and inspect everything before we sign for it, and you should too if its for a bat every time.
Then you have a nice driver that's willing to lose his job. That is against all delivery companies policy (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc).

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
I deal with a TON of incoming/outgoing UPS/FedEx/USPS (100+ packages a day) every single day. We never have issues...

We have a corporate UPS account and have for the last 7 years. We average 150-200 or so shipments a year with UPS and have for the last 7 years. We have had a problem with 1 package missing in that time until this event. I went and checked the records to make sure.

Eventually that 1 package that was missing WAS found and returned to us about 2 weeks later.

I guess I don't know what to make of this whole deal. I still have to consider that this is a freak occurrence but after reading the responses I am not so sure the receiver was very diligent in receiving the package securely. Any thoughts?

Should I put this in the feedback thread area?

M22KLARS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Say what you all want to say, but i am not out to screw anyone over.

I definitely ain't sayin' that your out to screw anyone over. And I'm not sayin' it about the sender either. I was just stating what I know about UPS, etc.

We have a corporate UPS account and have for the last 7 years. We average 150-200 or so shipments a year with UPS and have for the last 7 years. We have had a problem with 1 package missing in that time until this event. I went and checked the records to make sure.

Eventually that 1 package that was missing WAS found and returned to us about 2 weeks later.

I guess I don't know what to make of this whole deal. I still have to consider that this is a freak occurrence but after reading the responses I am not so sure the receiver was very diligent in receiving the package securely. Any thoughts?

Should I put this in the feedback thread area?

Ours is also a corporate account. The discount ****in' rules!

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I had agreed on a deal here and the bat was shipped. I had received a package full of POP bottles. It was shipped to my work, thus I thought some smartass did this at work. A week went by and we have came to the conclusion that this was not the case. Of all the deals I have done here, eBay, and other forums, I have never had a problem. What can be done to fix tgis? Not sure what to do.

Soda, soft drinks, coke, what ever. but the friggin POP thing aggrivates the ever living crap out of me. Sounds like something the old people around here say. This isnt the 50's.

On a side note. I would contact UPS and talk to them along with the person who you was originally dealing with. Did the box have a ship to address on it? You may be in trouble though waiting a week to mention it.

SukTNutz

Addicted to Softballfans
Soda, soft drinks, coke, what ever. but the friggin POP thing aggrivates the ever living crap out of me. Sounds like something the old people around here say. This isnt the 50's.

On a side note. I would contact UPS and talk to them along with the person who you was originally dealing with. Did the box have a ship to address on it? You may be in trouble though waiting a week to mention it.

I say Tonic instead of soda. Does it make people mad yes but I grew up with Tonic not Soda or what ever the hell you call it.

gotigersgo

Addicted to Softballfans
Did the receiver get the same box that the OP sent?

My guess is someone from the workplace stole it.

And why did UPS let someone sign for a package that wasn't theirs? I guess they just deliver to an address and don't care who signs?

tripp

Support SBF
I work for UPS and I've said this before and I'll say it again - TAPE IS CHEAP - USE A LOT OF IT

The long boxes bust open all the time. It's the way a lot of the facilities are built with their conveyor belts. They create jams when they get caught on the turns coming down the shoots. This doesn't apply to bats only. It happens to rugs, light bulbs, display stands, etc... and these items just come down the belt and get sorted to damage / re-wrap / lost packages.

SLAP A LABEL ON THE BOX AND ON THE BAT.

This way if the item comes out....there is the label right there to get it to it's destination. Hell - it might even go back to re-wrap and get put in a new box.

And if a person wants to steal something, they will find a way. Problem is employees walk through a metal detector to and from work everyday. It is really hard to conceal a bat.

Think about it logically.