USA .52 300 Tattoo balls from Vietnam

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The league I played in last night used .44 375 ASA Tattoos last year. They decided to switch to .52 300 balls this year. Based on what I saw last night it looks like Tattoo got their act together and made a good batch of .52s. These balls are bouncy and responsive. I saw some impressive shots being hit, and they felt great off the bat.

For a cheap league ball I was impressed by the performance. Interestingly, these new balls are made in Vietnam as opposed to China. All I know is that the balls are a definite step up from Tattoo's balls last year. The Tattoos we used last year were fairly dead and had little bounce to them.

.52 300s are weird balls. You run into noticeable changes between batches sometimes. You'll get some that are really bouncy/hot and others that feel like dead pillows and go nowhere.

ShortYellowBus

The league I played in last night used .44 375 ASA Tattoos last year. They decided to switch to .52 300 balls this year. Based on what I saw last night it looks like Tattoo got their act together and made a good batch of .52s. These balls are bouncy and responsive. I saw some impressive shots being hit, and they felt great off the bat.

For a cheap league ball I was impressed by the performance. Interestingly, these new balls are made in Vietnam as opposed to China. All I know is that the balls are a definite step up from Tattoo's balls last year. The Tattoos we used last year were fairly dead and had little bounce to them.

.52 300s are weird balls. You run into noticeable changes between batches sometimes. You'll get some that are really bouncy/hot and others that feel like dead pillows and go nowhere.
Good to know. I’m definitely interested in grabbing some more 52’s.

Thanks for the heads up!

tattooball

We've been making balls there for 6 years now, all the same material in both factories.

dunkky

tatoo 52s are very good. I've been using them for 3 years now for bp. still going.. but in terms of performance. i found C+ 52 to be the best in hot summer days.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Interestingly, the park I umped at last night had USA .52 300 Tattoos as well..... but they were made in China. These balls were noticeably deader than the Vietnamese ones. Also, a couple years ago Tattoos were being made in Cambodia. Those balls were excellent.

Lately the Chinese Tattoos haven't been that great. The balls made in other countries are way better.

jhitman

We've been making balls there for 6 years now, all the same material in both factories.

Tattoo's are really good compared to some of the other 52's. I liked the NX3's that I got from you a few years ago. When we start.... thinking of buying some Tatoo's or XRocks and sub them in for the county provided Evil's and just use the Evil's for backups.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Tattoo's are really good compared to some of the other 52's. I liked the NX3's that I got from you a few years ago. When we start.... thinking of buying some Tatoo's or XRocks and sub them in for the county provided Evil's and just use the Evil's for backups.

Not all Tattoos are great. I've seen some really bad ones the last few years. They come and go. You get some good batches, and some bad ones too.

I'm not talking about NX3s here either. Just standard synthetic ASA .52 300s. A lot of leagues around here use them. I dig the balls made in Cambodia and Vietnam. The Chinese ones simply aren't as good.

NX3s are all good. No bad balls there. I have a C+ NX3 that has been in my BP bag for a year and a half now. The ball has been hit tons and tons of times and shows no signs of degradation.

jhitman

Not all Tattoos are great. I've seen some really bad ones the last few years. They come and go. You get some good batches, and some bad ones too.

I'm not talking about NX3s here either. Just standard synthetic ASA .52 300s. A lot of leagues around here use them. I dig the balls made in Cambodia and Vietnam. The Chinese ones simply aren't as good.

NX3s are all good. No bad balls there. I have a C+ NX3 that has been in my BP bag for a year and a half now. The ball has been hit tons and tons of times and shows no signs of degradation.

Yeah the NX3's I had were far better than the other 52's in my bag. I like the XRocks too. The NX3's I had before were hitting like stadium softballs when new. I suggested them for league play but some said they didn't like the slick cover. Don't want to start another firestorm here, but just trying to give our team a better option than the Evil's we currently use. The special blend Evil's that I tried seemed better than the originals in our BP's.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Yeah the NX3's I had were far better than the other 52's in my bag. I like the XRocks too. The NX3's I had before were hitting like stadium softballs when new. I suggested them for league play but some said they didn't like the slick cover. Don't want to start another firestorm here, but just trying to give our team a better option than the Evil's we currently use. The special blend Evil's that I tried seemed better than the originals in our BP's.

Bobby sent me some of those special blend USA Evils last year. I've been BPing a couple of them for a while and haven't noticed them degrading at all. They're decent performers.

jhitman

Bobby sent me some of those special blend USA Evils last year. I've been BPing a couple of them for a while and haven't noticed them degrading at all. They're decent performers.

He sent me a few too and I agree. They are definitely better than the OG Evils. The trouble for us is we have a moron for a LD that has no interest in making any effort to get what the players are asking for. He would just need to make one phone call in order to get this accomplished, but that means he would have to do something. Definitely the wrong person to be a LD but we are stuck because he is a county employee.

tattooball

Some of the synthetic Tattoo's are being made in a different factory in Chins. Not my doing, you know the big cooperate machine makes those decisions now. Time to move to greener pastures, the company as a whole was great just to big to do it all.

JCX13

Some of the synthetic Tattoo's are being made in a different factory in Chins. Not my doing, you know the big cooperate machine makes those decisions now. Time to move to greener pastures, the company as a whole was great just to big to do it all.

You got any NX3’s for sale?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
NX3s are impossible to find. Too bad. C+ NX3s are some of the best C+s I've ever hit. They have premium performance and don't wear out... ever.