USSSA Bat suggestion

sukkeun

I just joined a local league and they said that "The new USSSA bat rule is now in play".
I do not have much knowledge about USSSA bat or softball as general.
I searched the forum for the information and looking for any recommendations for someone who were out for a while and getting back to the game.
Thanks

Aimology

All good bats.

Most Miken and Woeth are good and comes down to preference

Anarchy makes a Vioer that’s coming out
Primos are good
Pure’s are amazing but shipping is trash and durability
FireFlex is same, great bats terrible durability
Miley’s have a ton

If you’re playing the popularity contest then Miken and Worth win

Easton would be next but their food bats have terrible durability

I’ve read a lot on here lately people saying bats are equal and I can tell you those people are idiots and have never seen or did a test themselves lol

BP YouTube videos are decent, he just has a horrible swing sometimes but he did help me pick my first bat and I can give him full credit for loving my first ever bat and his reviews aren’t too shabby on YouTube

Other then you swinging some you won’t know what you like feel wise and it takes more then 20 BP sessions like some people say to now how the bat really is

I suggest buying two 2018 models for cheap and entirely different to start

Whatever you see in Miken Worth will have a equal and vice versa also so keep that in mind

Kp23 / DC-41 / envious / primos / branch / Harvey all good bats but all different

ShortYellowBus

@Aimology
Welcome to SBF. I do have a few questions for you.

You’re suggesting a few bats you haven’t swung? Why would you do that? What credibility do you possess by suggesting the USSSA Viper will be a good bat? Have you used the previous USSSA Anarchy? If you did, you’d know why I’d even bring that up.

And you have the gall to call people giving advice on bats “we” own and swing regularly idiots? That’s not smart.

Read your post.

It says nothing, except misconceptions of perceived issues with bat manufacturers that are subjective and does not apply to everyone.

BP Hero’s swing is “horrible sometimes”...Really? Was that cheap shot even necessary?

Post a video of your swing.

And if you’re a true connoisseur of anything you just said, I’d like to ask kindly that in that video you use multiple bats from multiple manufacturers to prove to everyone that credible guys here aren’t correct in stating that a 2019 USSSA Mizuno, Miken and even a DeMarini will have varying performance results.

That is all.

ShortYellowBus

@Aimology
I’m not alluding to any form of disrespect towards you or any acts of aggression. This place has a lot of good dudes and most of the action happens off the boards. We all just occupy this space from time to time.

The conversation that happens here is residual from hitting bats with different types of balls. If it works, it ends up here.

If you don’t get that yet, it’s all good.

I bet you’re a terrific player and we’d all be happy to have an awesome dude like you on the team.

And now, that is all!

4xtra

Player/Coach
All good bats.

Most Miken and Woeth are good and comes down to preference

Anarchy makes a Vioer that’s coming out
Primos are good
Pure’s are amazing but shipping is trash and durability
FireFlex is same, great bats terrible durability
Miley’s have a ton

If you’re playing the popularity contest then Miken and Worth win

Easton would be next but their food bats have terrible durability

I’ve read a lot on here lately people saying bats are equal and I can tell you those people are idiots and have never seen or did a test themselves lol

BP YouTube videos are decent, he just has a horrible swing sometimes but he did help me pick my first bat and I can give him full credit for loving my first ever bat and his reviews aren’t too shabby on YouTube

Other then you swinging some you won’t know what you like feel wise and it takes more then 20 BP sessions like some people say to now how the bat really is

I suggest buying two 2018 models for cheap and entirely different to start

Whatever you see in Miken Worth will have a equal and vice versa also so keep that in mind

Kp23 / DC-41 / envious / primos / branch / Harvey all good bats but all different

By the tone of your conversation,
it is EXTREMELY obvious that you are new to this site and possibly to softball itself.

BP Hero works a fulltime job
and has a family so there are more important things in his life outside softball and his swing is actually ok with me and many others.
It does not take "20 BP sessions" to determine the viability of a specific bat in regards to its performance.

when we are breaking in a bat at BP that requires 500+ swings
we have over 250+ balls with us
and 4-6 of us players are constantly swinging the same bat so we can get a bat broke in within 1 BP session and determine if the bat is solid or not.
You suggested that you should get a "2018 bat", I had to laugh because I got everyone on our team
swinging my 2016 Louisville Solo Z dual action and they love it. (It has over 3000+ swings and is on fire)
The "latest and newest" is not always the best in regards to durability AND performance.

And trust me when I say this,
I own, have owned and/or have swung NUMEROUS bats (Bought and sold over 50+ bats and sold over 1000+ softballs in the last year) and have done a number of reviews on here so I can back up what I am saying.
but I think you are doing a lil too much and need to do some research first before you jump into the fire too quick spouting off stuff that makes no sense.
(DAMN, I sound like JOKER now!!)

Last edited:

Party mafia

get the 2018 demarini juggy on the cheap off the bay. 4xtra has done a great review on the 2018 utrip juggy over in the demarini section of this forum.

lakeyale13

Manager
get the 2018 demarini juggy on the cheap off the bay. 4xtra has done a great review on the 2018 utrip juggy over in the demarini section of this forum.

I just got my 2018 DB44 off of Ebay today!!! Got it for $98 delivered. Thing feels unbelievable. Hit about 75 balls into a net off a tee today. Felt every bit as full of pop as my DC-41 and Wild fireflex.

lakeyale13

Manager
Aimology, I welcome you to this message board and hope you assimilate smoothly. I would question your comment on Easton's durability. I have never heard of that before...at least not as a major concern. What experience / objective data do you have to make such a claim?

Welcome again...and I hope you maybe learn to be a tad less bold in some of your claims / opinions.