Usssa combat options

i dont play a ton of utrip but really want a utrip bay for when I do. I have a bunch of dual stamp combats none of which are completely broken in. They are fine for local tournaments, but I felt quite undergunned at worlds. There are still enough Combats available and I feel like buying one or two more before they dry up for old time sake. Any recommendations?

usssa - derby boys yellow, extinction, guilt 1 or 2, pte-
dual stamp- greinart, combatant, antivirus-
Have the white and blue dual greinert as well as both the AV and combatant dual stamp none of which are competently broken in yet. Heard great things about the guilt with the Maxum tech, can’t find reviews on the extinction for utrip. Really like the asa extinction but it’s a completely different bay for utrip. Anything comparable to the mike s and worths from last year performance wise, those were gross.

D-ROCK13

All 3 of your duals will smoke classic ms, once broken in. Imho Combat has the best dual stamps around. I cant speak much for 52s as we don't hit them around here. The maxum tech is the real deal. Guilts get stupid hot, the first one does it faster but isn't as durable... Im actually swinging a 17 Easton helmer flex now and its pretty nasty at only 60-70 cuts

Normy

Been seeing quite a few 15 and 16 DBU's going cheap. I have the 15 that our team uses as a practice bat and it seems to do well with the 52's. They probably won't stack up against the latest and greatest but they'll do good for the price.

mkimmer

COMbatant
Plague team edition
Assault G5
Tribute
Legends Plague
Maxum USSSA

I’d recommend any of those. Tribute and Maxum need a little work but the others are good very early on.

Pretty much hits the nail on the head. My G5 Assault Utrip and my Dual G5 performs with any of the other bats out there.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i'd say G5 assault = PTE with different load. those would be my picks. haven't put enough swings on my guilts to say how they are

D-ROCK13

My experience with combat loading is, it depends on the day of the week it was manufactured, which employee built it, and how many nuts or washers they had in arms reach at that time LOL

duffman99

Have the white and blue dual greinert as well as both the AV and combatant dual stamp none of which are competently broken in yet. Heard great things about the guilt with the Maxum tech, can’t find reviews on the extinction for utrip. Really like the asa extinction but it’s a completely different bay for utrip. Anything comparable to the mike s and worths from last year performance wise, those were gross.

The weighting in the ASA and U-trip extinctions is significantly different. I have 27.5's in both and the ASA version definitely is a pronounced end load. The U-trip extinction loading is pretty smooth, feels pretty similar to a PTE to me. Performance wise, I get about the same distance and exit speed with my PTE and U-trip extinction, but the PTE sweet spot is more forgiving with less feedback.

Normy

Appreciate all the feed back. I want to buy a bat, I want it to be a combat since I’m the only guy that swings them up here in Maine. I’m leaning towards the guilt or extinction since I’m also a one piece fan.
Same reason why I swing em here in Michigan. Either of those two should serve you well. Release the Crackin'!

Normy

Any luck finding a suitable Combat? They seem to be harder to find now than a year ago. Trying to get my hands on a dual G5 Assault.

Normy

I'd get the yellow derby boys. I never liked the two piece Combats. Getting ready to take the wrapper off my last portent.
My 15 Portent is just getting broke in. Not many videos on the dual Assault but I did find this interesting guy o_O

BOK11

Second the Assault G5. I have the one piece and it is just as hot as anything else in my bag. Also the black and red dual stamp Rogo.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
27. My last one got hot pretty quickly. It has a massive endload for sure.