USSSA FAQ's

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
ttwnpubstr said:
on the usssa page, it says updated 5-8-06. the mizuno wrath 120 isn't listed. has this bat not been approved yet.
Just an FYI the date on the USSSA bat page is an HTML script that takes the current date and time and inserts it so that doesnt mean it was updated that day.

Tiebow77

USSSA bats

I have looked at the bat list and have a question, can the ASA Miken Recoil only be used in ASA or is it USSSA approved as well, you cant see a pic and I can't tell by just the model #. I know there is a USSSA model but the ASA seem to get better reviews and I want to know if its USSSA legal? Thanks.

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
Yes, all ASA bats are legal to use in USSSA except the Ultras that had the ASA stamp on them but everyone knows that right? :D

newbroom

Addicted to Softballfans
I've played in a league now for 3 years....the "powers that be" have always said that bats were to be stamped ASA....but...now that I've read their/our rules....I find out that we're playing under the auspices/guise/bylaws/rules of the USSSA....does this mean that I should be allowed more leeway with what bat I can use?....like f' er instance? We've been using 44/375 balls, too...and I see that there are some allowances for harder balls...when the weather gets hotter....?

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
Is there going to be changes to the bats we can use in the next two years? I keep hearing rumors of certain bats going on the banned list in the future

TheKid24

Addicted to Softballfans
As far as stepping across the plate during a batted ball being illegal...does that mean that you are unable to step in front of the plate as well?

Thanks

Prstrong

The Veteran
If you play e level for a team and want to play e for another team can you ? Basically one team and if they don't play in a tournament that the other team playing can you do that if they not playing in the same tournament

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
If you play e level for a team and want to play e for another team can you ? Basically one team and if they don't play in a tournament that the other team playing can you do that if they not playing in the same tournament

No you can only be on one roster

hammer23

Addicted to Softballfans
Whats the difference between ASA and USSSA rules?

ASA tournaments are getting fewer and fewer and USSSA tournaments are getting very popular. My team is thinking about getting into some of the USSSA D/E tournaments and we have no clue on the difference in rules. Can someone give me a quick rundown on the difference between the associtations. Thanks in advance!!

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
ASA tournaments are getting fewer and fewer and USSSA tournaments are getting very popular. My team is thinking about getting into some of the USSSA D/E tournaments and we have no clue on the difference in rules. Can someone give me a quick rundown on the difference between the associtations. Thanks in advance!!

Your best bet is to go to the USSSA site and download the rulebook. There are enough "little things" that are different that you should have that handy anyway.

jojogoal4

Extra Hitter
If your E team wins an NIT and becomes frozen, Can you be forced up to play D after being frozen?

Any info would be great!

Thank you.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
If your E team wins an NIT and becomes frozen, Can you be forced up to play D after being frozen?

Any info would be great!

Thank you.

Can you...simple answer is yes. Will they...probably not. Too many factors to discuss but a director can bump you for just about any reason but doubtful they will.

uniballer42

I signed up for a usssa tournament Men's E this week not fully understanding the homerun rules.... a couple questions

Are usssa and gsl combined or the same thing?
I registered Usssa and it also registered me for gsl.

In usssa, can you have a DHH?

Do official lineups have to list the players position or just batting order?