Usssa mixed world tournament

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wondering what coed is like in Viera. Thinking about playing E but wouldn’t want to go with a team that’s only won 1 tournament just to show up and play against good players that should only be playing C or D. Is it a double elimination?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
IDK about coed specifically, but playing in Viera is tough. If your team is struggling in your hometown you might just want to skip it. I've gone 0-2 in Viera more times than I'd care to admit.

I think coed worlds is 3GG. It's a good time to play there, but if your team isn't prepared you'll get beat bad.

I've played in Viera like 8 times, but never coed. All men's.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
It should be double elim, but I'm actually going to be seeing the tournament director this weekend and will ask him to confirm. As far as the level goes, in E you'll see a wide range and it largely depends on the state directors that the teams came from. Viera is the nicest complex I've ever been at, I think it's something that every player should do at least once is go to Worlds. If you don't take it too seriously, even if you go 0-2, you can still have a weekend in FL and many of the major players get together to play in the Mixed Major event in the Stadium. I've been asked to work it many times but I only get one weekend to go down for Worlds, this year I'll be down for C and Women's.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
It should be double elim, but I'm actually going to be seeing the tournament director this weekend and will ask him to confirm. As far as the level goes, in E you'll see a wide range and it largely depends on the state directors that the teams came from. Viera is the nicest complex I've ever been at, I think it's something that every player should do at least once is go to Worlds. If you don't take it too seriously, even if you go 0-2, you can still have a weekend in FL and many of the major players get together to play in the Mixed Major event in the Stadium. I've been asked to work it many times but I only get one weekend to go down for Worlds, this year I'll be down for C and Women's.

I'll be down there for men's C as well.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I checked with the TD, TWmccoy was right. All co-ed worlds in Viera are 3GG. He had no idea why that was but that's the way it is.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I checked with the TD, TWmccoy was right. All co-ed worlds in Viera are 3GG. He had no idea why that was but that's the way it is.

Gives teams more motivation to travel there. Even if your team sucks and doesn't do well, you get 3 games.

Some of the men's world tournies used to be 3GG, but I don't think they are anymore.