Usssa modified world series

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
Leominster, Massachusetts
Dates: September 9, 10, & 11
This is a bowling motion event and rules will be strictly enforced.
All teams must be prepared to play Friday night Sept. 9th.
All teams will play at least three games. Projected format is pool play with the top four teams advancing to single elimination.
Tournament entry fee is $325 per team.
All entries must be paid (with rosters) by September 5th. Brackets will be available by noon September 7th.
General rules: bunting & stealing allowed, teams may bat eleven, helmets are required by all batters & runners,metal cleats are okay.
Teams must turn in an official entry form.
PM TommyMass to obtain form.

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
Location Change

The location of this event has been changed to Cross Roads Sports Bar in Palmer, MA.
The complex is two miles from the MassPike interchange and located right on route 20. Two fenced fields, full bar,clean restrooms, ample free parking.
For those may need hotel/motel accomodations, there are a dozen or so hotel/motels within a ten mile radius. Food is available @ Cross Roads and there are restaurants & shops nearby.
Thanks

Sinni's1

Addicted to Softballfans
If you push the tourney back a couple weeks you probably will get some teams. Being a week after nationals I know I will not be there.

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
Unfortunately, this year we can't move it back; it's only 3/4 weeks away. Next year we will move it back. Thanks for the input & good luck in Drifton.
Play hard, be safe, & most of all have fun!

Dunc4

Manager
Tommy - FYI: Stan Cutts runs the Wood Bat Tourney the weekend after labor day each year with 16 teams....so moving this tourney back in the future does sound like a good idea.

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
After speakingwith people involved, USSSA is strongly considering moving the Tournament this year to the weekend of September 17 & 18 at Cross Roads Sports Bar in Palmer, MA.
Can we get committments from any teams if we make the move? Also teams that have planned on playing Sept. 10 & 11 must be given consideration. I agree that two weeks after Drifton is the best weekend. It is also the weekend that U-trip runs the rest of their World Tournaments. Guys it's your game and we are willing to be as accommodating as possible. Without your support there are no softball associations!
We're trying to do what we can to the game the best it can be.
Need feedback ASAP, please............Thanks
Tommy

Bvance32

Addicted to Softballfans
Sinni's Tres would play that weekend, Ill let the guys know tonight and get back to you by tomorrow tommy

Mattx10x

Addicted to Softballfans
Can't play that weekend, I think people planned on the weekend of the 12,13 and 14 of Sept. Pretty close to change it now....

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
We can not move the tournament to the 17/18 of September. Will go as orignally scheduled w/September 9, 10 & 11. More than likely there will be no Friday night games.
The fields are not available on the 17 & 18.
Next season it will be scheduled two week ends after Labor Day. and @ Cross Roads in Palmer.

Sinni's1

Addicted to Softballfans
Still wondering why this tourney can not be moved? You are losing out on a bunch of teams by not moving it. I will be shocked if there is more than 4 teams in this.

Jubb21

Addicted to Softballfans
chances of the wooden bat tourney happening in chester are slim to none after what happened to there fields from the hurricane, backstops, dugouts lots of damage and water is higher than the outfield fences, check out youtube for a look yourself so more teams should be in this tournament

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
We can't move the tournament because we don't have fields. Fields are available September 9, 10 & 11. We have no fields for the 16, 17 & 18 of September. If some one comes up with at least two fields in one location (preferably one with lights) for the 16, 17 & 18 of September we'll move the tournament. I will also guarantee that we will play the tournament in your location next season as well. Basic criteria: reasonable access, toilet facilities, food available nearby if not @ the fields, parking & hotel/motel not too far away. Oh, and fields must be fenced.

gofisch

We can't move the tournament because we don't have fields. Fields are available September 9, 10 & 11. We have no fields for the 16, 17 & 18 of September. If some one comes up with at least two fields in one location (preferably one with lights) for the 16, 17 & 18 of September we'll move the tournament. I will also guarantee that we will play the tournament in your location next season as well. Basic criteria: reasonable access, toilet facilities, food available nearby if not @ the fields, parking & hotel/motel not too far away. Oh, and fields must be fenced.

I can get all that here in Charlotte, but no one would come down. :rolleyes:

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
Guys, thanks for the suggestions. I don't know how many teams are in the Fairhaven Area, but Charlotte's a real long walk!

Jubb21

Addicted to Softballfans
guys there should be teams in this tourney now that the chester tournament cant really happen...

Dunc4

Manager
Richie: FYI - I hear that the Chester Wood Bat Tourney is still ON.
I'm told that Stan plans to move it to Keene due to the flooding at the fields in Chester.
I saw the U-Tube video you mentioned, unbelievable how much water was on those fields over such a big area.