USSSA/NSA Bat Question/Opinions

cjs2570

Our current league (ASA) is switching to NSA. Currently use 2015 Flipper (green) and looking for an NSA bat, balanced with similar pop to the flipper. Any suggestions? Hearing Worth Connell, EST. Any other suggestions that are similar? Thanks

paa397

Any advice on a bat to buy for utrip. I just played my first season of softball and gonna be playing fall ball. I used someone's worth mutant and loved it but it's unavailable to buy anymore. Is there a bat out there that is similar? Thanks

Kevw45

Any advice on a bat to buy for utrip. I just played my first season of softball and gonna be playing fall ball. I used someone's worth mutant and loved it but it's unavailable to buy anymore. Is there a bat out there that is similar? Thanks
Hard to say without knowing which mutant you were using. With that being said, there are a bunch on ebay, so you may be able to get your hands on one still. Saying that you played your first season, are you saying you're new to softball completely? If so, I think it would be sound advise to tell you to take your time in choosing a bat. Especially, if you are really going to get into it, and you want to play with the most confidence. There are a lot of things about bats you should know. If you're a power hitter, you'll probably want something end loaded, if you are base hitter, something balanced would suit you. There are charts that match bat length to your height that I would follow. When it comes to finding the right weight, there are two methods... The simplified, "swing what feels good" method, or the proper, get a ball coach radar ($299), a ball tee, go down to a local batting cage, swing a bunch of different bats and buy the one that produces the highest ball exit speed after you hit the ball.

Last edited:

4xtra

Player/Coach
Our current league (ASA) is switching to NSA. Currently use 2015 Flipper (green) and looking for an NSA bat, balanced with similar pop to the flipper. Any suggestions? Hearing Worth Connell, EST. Any other suggestions that are similar? Thanks
Do they use a 44/375 ball?