USSSA Offensive ejection question

Iceman6409

USSSA game. Batter hits ball over the fence and is offensively ejected, inning ending out and that player spot has to take an out in their batting order but can still play defense. Got that part. Later in the game a rostered player who came up to bat as a substitute for the player who was offensively ejected and also announced that the offensively ejected player would re-enter the game in the next inning. Is the substitute allowed to swing the bat in the batters spot of the offensively ejected player?

DeputyUICHousto

Addicted to Softballfans
If he's on the roster and has not been in the game someplace else in the batting order then why wouldn't he be allowed to substitute? As for the "offensively ejected player" re-entering I don't see how that would be legal.

Iceman6409

I got those parts figured out. The general question is can a sub come in a bat for the offensively ejected player. I found the rule in the 2018 rule book. They cannot. Sub can come in and play defense though, just nothing on offense.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
No, the position in the batting order is an automatic out for the rest of the game regardless of who is occupying that spot. Although this is irrelevant since there is no more offensive ejection in USSSA.

Iceman6409

No, the position in the batting order is an automatic out for the rest of the game regardless of who is occupying that spot. Although this is irrelevant since there is no more offensive ejection in USSSA.

True, however I have this is the biggest league I umpire where I am