USSSA USSSA Pitching Standards

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
some blues like to think it needs to hit the dirt behind the plate for it to be a strike

Some???? More like MOST!

first of all, the umps are called red

arc is 3 feet from release, that means once the ball is released from the hand, it has to rise another 3 feet, so the arc is probly anywhere from 5-10 from the ground

all asscociations now have basically the same arc, they just decribe it differently

Not around here. MOST U-Trip umps say as long as it has a 'hump' it's good and if it's over 7-7.5 feet it's too high regardless of where it lands.

You better know how to pitch with movement, change speeds and from different angles or it's basically BP with fielders.

copper1150

DO OVER!!!
Usssa arc

It is 3 feet from the hand minimum 5ft max 10ft. Not minimum 3ft. I cant stand the deep call. Its such crap. Might as well put a pitching mat back there.

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
It is 3 feet from the hand minimum 5ft max 10ft. Not minimum 3ft. I cant stand the deep call. Its such crap. Might as well put a pitching mat back there.

3 feet from the release technically means the minimum would be just over 3 feet. In theory you can release from a few inches off the ground (it's doable - I've seen it done). So the 5ft minimum is something you just made up.

3 feet from the release technically means the minimum would be just over 3 feet. In theory you can release from a few inches off the ground (it's doable - I've seen it done). So the 5ft minimum is something you just made up.

yep,i can get down below my knee easily and i'm not even down as far as a lot of pitchers can go,that i see pitching,some i swear are dragging their knuckles on the ground.