UTRIP 2021 Bat Change

HitDingers

They don't enforce this in league ball anyway, there is a team in my current league using a OG Mayhem Booger.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool, it's about to be 2014 again. This new role isn't going to matter unless they start testing again. In 2015 most real tournies tested every bat. By 2017 it was random, with we'll test every bat that makes it to Sunday. Last year I was only tested when we were in the final three teams, and I haven't had a bat tested at world the past two years.

Raising compression only matters if you test, and yes it's a complete money grab.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Cool, it's about to be 2014 again. This new role isn't going to matter unless they start testing again. In 2015 most real tournies tested every bat. By 2017 it was random, with we'll test every bat that makes it to Sunday. Last year I was only tested when we were in the final three teams, and I haven't had a bat tested at world the past two years.

Raising compression only matters if you test, and yes it's a complete money grab.

If USSSA really wants to get serious about changing things, they should start by getting rid of the classic M ball. That damn ball basically created the bat shaving market. Its a dead POS ball in the heat, and a golf ball in the cold. Guys are going to cheat because the classic M absolutely caters to those who have the hottest bats to hit them.

If they're going to change bats, the MINIMUM compression allowed should be 260.

4xtra

Player/Coach
If USSSA really wants to get serious about changing things, they should start by getting rid of the classic M ball. That damn ball basically created the bat shaving market. Its a dead POS ball in the heat, and a golf ball in the cold. Guys are going to cheat because the classic M absolutely caters to those who have the hottest bats to hit them.

It looks like it will be the
52/275

blakcherry329

So are the bats totally changing? Is the standard changing?

If not, then this is a total money grab, nothing more. There's no reason not to be able to use older bats if they comply with bat standards. smh

HitDingers

I started playing at the tail end of the alloy bat era, when they started making composite bats and still hitting 47 core balls on a 285 ft fence was fun lol unless you played third base like me, it was like getting golf balls hit at you. I hit a 450 foot HR in a league game back in those days with my Miken Freak Plus and we were playing on a 285 foot fence.

blakcherry329

I started playing at the tail end of the alloy bat era, when they started making composite bats and still hitting 47 core balls on a 285 ft fence was fun lol unless you played third base like me, it was like getting golf balls hit at you. I hit a 450 foot HR in a league game back in those days with my Miken Freak Plus and we were playing on a 285 foot fence.
I hear ya. I went from 1B/3B to pitcher, so I was used to missiles coming at me. Worth Red Dots, the White Dudley SB12s .47cor, Thunder ZNs were rocks
My first composite was an Ultra II in 2003.
Pitching modified to Ultra I and II was a tad scary. But when you're younger you think you're invincible. I had more close calls with headshots, back then, then I've had since I wear a LAX helmet.

There's no $$$ in wood/aluminum bats so they will never switch from composites. People would be up in arms if they couldn't mi**** 300' and instead had to get clean hits by hitting a small sweet spot on sensible bats.

dunkky

If USSSA really wants to get serious about changing things, they should start by getting rid of the classic M ball

agree. those are cheaters ball imo. but, the 90% of guys in TX love them, cuz they can hit them out easily. They cried so bad, when a league changed to 52s. lol. As long as they ain't trump 52, i am good. JK.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
The only guys on my teams that complain about hitting 52 Cor balls are the guys who use shaved bats lol. They hit fine to me you just don't get that loud crack sound.

D-ROCK13

We hit classic ms last night, 90f plus and close to 100% humidity, felt like hitting a beach ball lol id take .52 275s all day over classic ms

lakeyale13

Manager

Can we please go back to using rocks and single wall aluminum bats? Those were the days.