UTRIP 2021 Bat Change

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
We hit classic ms last night, 90f plus and close to 100% humidity, felt like hitting a beach ball lol id take .52 275s all day over classic ms
We played in a ball provided tournament a few weeks back that used classic pluses. We played a back field in pool play where the other team talked the Ump into letting us hit classic Ms if we didn't care. There were no homeruns hit after hitting multiple every game with the 52s. Perception is reality for these guys, and you can't change their mind. They'd rather have a loud crack on a 220 foot flare than hit a 52 out.

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can we please go back to using rocks and single wall aluminum bats? Those were the days.
They can make comps that perform like that but don't dent in ten swings, but then everyone won't have to buy a new bat every year.

I don't want to go back to metal durability, but that level of performance would be fine.

lakeyale13

Manager
They can make comps that perform like that but don't dent in ten swings, but then everyone won't have to buy a new bat every year.

I don't want to go back to metal durability, but that level of performance would be fine.

But even a dented up old EST or a flattened sided Demarini would still hit em out. Sigh...the good old days that so many weren't privileged to.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
We played in a ball provided tournament a few weeks back that used classic pluses. We played a back field in pool play where the other team talked the Ump into letting us hit classic Ms if we didn't care. There were no homeruns hit after hitting multiple every game with the 52s. Perception is reality for these guys, and you can't change their mind. They'd rather have a lid can in a 220 foot flare than hit a 52 out.

Last year at military worlds my team took BP in Viera, FL. We had some classic Ms and some C+s in the mix. We hit on a 300' field. Every ball that got hit out was a C+. In the hottest and muggiest of conditions, C+s will EASILY outfly classic Ms.

The only thing you have to remember with C+s is to spin the ball. They don't react well at all to being hit squarely. They knuckle and sidespin all over the place.

dunkky

speaking of POS, what is this? pardon me for lack of my knowledge, i looked at 44 cor, thinking i was buying some hard balls for good price. but, this is garbage. felt like i literally was hitting crumpled newspaper. lucky if i can reach 250 with this. i don't know if you can tell or not, balls are already in ****ed up shape. LOL.

upload_2019-7-19_18-54-53.png
upload_2019-7-19_18-55-55.png

r8dr_rider

^was that new? Or did you buy some used balls. 44s have always been hard am my go to BP ball. IDK where most you guys play but my league uses 44s and doesn’t check bats. And no pitcher has been killed yet.

Man the **** up

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
speaking of POS, what is this? pardon me for lack of my knowledge, i looked at 44 cor, thinking i was buying some hard balls for good price. but, this is garbage. felt like i literally was hitting crumpled newspaper. lucky if i can reach 250 with this. i don't know if you can tell or not, balls are already in ****ed up shape. LOL.
Those are the cheap balls they sell at wal mart and richard's..... I love when we play teams who bring those to hit (cuz they don't know any better); we know they suck and won't go anywhere.

r8dr_rider

I got like 20 Dudley 44s and BP with those. They feel solid with all my bats. I have a mix of Dual stamp, U trip and ASA. Also different weights.

dunkky

Those are the cheap balls they sell at wal mart and richard's..... I love when we play teams who bring those to hit (cuz they don't know any better); we know they suck and won't go anywhere.

well it wasn't a good deal at all. i paid like a dollar per ball. performance is one thing, but to deform like that after 20 cuts.... i wonder if those have been baked in the garage for a few years.

Normy

well it wasn't a good deal at all. i paid like a dollar per ball. performance is one thing, but to deform like that after 20 cuts.... i wonder if those have been baked in the garage for a few years.
The 52 version of those balls look like an egg after about 10 swings. It's fun to pitch with those :D

dunkky

i see some white color softballs at a store that sells used sporting equipments. are those any good compare to the yellow ones? they do feel pretty hard when i hand toss it myself. will they damage my bat?

dunkky

No argument there for sure. What about those white ones that feel rock solid. Are they pretty good for bp?

jhitman

I think the worst ones I ever saw were the AD Starr Patriot softballs back about 15-20 years ago. The ball would go lopsided after about 4 innings of game play. Even as bad as some of today's 52 cor's are nothing was worse that those Patriot balls.

hitsone

my Umpire assoc unofficially will allow any ASA or USSSA (unless it is on the banned list) during league play. In any kind of a tourney we enforce whatever softball assoc rules that apply. As always it is the liability factor that forces the buying of new bats to meet new money grab incentives usually brought in as a "safety" move.

HowsTeddyLook

No argument there for sure. What about those white ones that feel rock solid. Are they pretty good for bp?

Not in my experience.

A couple of months ago I was in the market for new BP balls. My girlfriend knew this so she bought these 4 white Worth Official Softballs 44/375 that she found at a garage sale for 25 cents a piece. (She's so thoughtful.) They were used but hardly had any marks on them and no disfiguration to the shape. I thought they must be a bit old because they were white but they still looked decent and felt solid in the hands, like they had only been used in 1 game or so.

But they were like hitting pillows. One swing and they went straight to the garbage. I figured that garage-sale guy must have stored them underwater or something, but after seeing what others have said, looks like it was a crap ball to begin with. Probably why they only cost 25 cents!

dunkky

Not in my experience.

A couple of months ago I was in the market for new BP balls. My girlfriend knew this so she bought these 4 white Worth Official Softballs 44/375 that she found at a garage sale for 25 cents a piece. (She's so thoughtful.) They were used but hardly had any marks on them and no disfiguration to the shape. I thought they must be a bit old because they were white but they still looked decent and felt solid in the hands, like they had only been used in 1 game or so.

But they were like hitting pillows. One swing and they went straight to the garbage. I figured that garage-sale guy must have stored them underwater or something, but after seeing what others have said, looks like it was a crap ball to begin with. Probably why they only cost 25 cents!

the ones that i saw were not pillows. there were hard, very hard. but like captain said, it might damage my bats.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anything cork is garbage. Think about it. The middle is cork and your other balls are rubber. Once the core cracks or deform at all they're toast. Just stick to poly core unless you need extreme flight restriction.