Utrip d ball switches to offensive ejection!!!!

tnacty

Director
We've already received the delegates voting packet for 2013. A change to 6 in B and 4 in C has been passed and we'll be voting on it in Temecula. I'd expect with it having already passed the Board of Directors that it will pass on the floor by acclamation. There were no proposed changes for D or E on the homerun front. We're certainly not going to get more restrictive in those classes and somebody may bring up for vote more HR's for D but that would take a super-majority of 70% and I doubt the BoD would even let it get out of committee for a floor vote.

They're goal in bumping B and C and leaving D alone for now, (I'm guessing) is to increase upper level participation. I don't know that it will be effective but that looks like the current objective.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
We've already received the delegates voting packet for 2013. A change to 6 in B and 4 in C has been passed and we'll be voting on it in Temecula. I'd expect with it having already passed the Board of Directors that it will pass on the floor by acclamation. There were no proposed changes for D or E on the homerun front. We're certainly not going to get more restrictive in those classes and somebody may bring up for vote more HR's for D but that would take a super-majority of 70% and I doubt the BoD would even let it get out of committee for a floor vote.

They're goal in bumping B and C and leaving D alone for now, (I'm guessing) is to increase upper level participation. I don't know that it will be effective but that looks like the current objective.

How about making anyone that is on the roster of a team that finishes in the top 15-20% at worlds in E, it is mandatory to play D the following year, like NSA. Makes no sense to allow this crap anymore. Once teams/players are forced to move up and play D it will ultimately bring in more rec level E teams to play and not get lumped up/ quit.

tnacty

Director
USSSA auto-bumps the top 10% at D and E Worlds and the by-laws are pretty clear about how many guys from those teams can play together and stay down the next year.

The problem for us as it is with all associations is that some directors don't then follow the letter of the law.

pompetti

Softball Player
USSSA auto-bumps the top 10% at D and E Worlds and the by-laws are pretty clear about how many guys from those teams can play together and stay down the next year.

The problem for us as it is with all associations is that some directors don't then follow the letter of the law.

Those autobumps needs to be individually flagged in the system. Example, 12 guys get bumped from E to D. 4 play up at D the next year under the same team name. The other 8 split onto 3 different E teams. The following year they all play E again.

Or even worse, those 4 that attempted to play D, play 4 tournaments and lose all their games. They petition to play E again and get everyone from the old team back together.

Autobumps mean nothing if players aren't forced to fulfill their autobump requirement.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Those autobumps needs to be individually flagged in the system. Example, 12 guys get bumped from E to D. 4 play up at D the next year under the same team name. The other 8 split onto 3 different E teams. The following year they all play E again.

Or even worse, those 4 that attempted to play D, play 4 tournaments and lose all their games. They petition to play E again and get everyone from the old team back together.

Autobumps mean nothing if players aren't forced to fulfill their autobump requirement.

Absolutely^^^^^^^. It is bs, also the state director shouldn't have the ability to reclass people. Realllllll shady around here lol.

In NSA when you get a mandatory bump, it is the individual as well. So they don't care if you play together or on another team, if you got bumped from e to d it is mandatory you play at that level for a year.

The sandbagging in the MD/VA area is out of control. I just want to play ball and be allowed to hit HRs without being an inning ender or offensive ejection. That is just not fun for me, but unfortunately the only options for the most part here in MD is E ball or Opens.

twinsdad23

Addicted to Softballfans
it used to be an ejection for the game in D at one time,so get over it.....there should be no hr's for D,it is has been that way forever,still should be....play up if ya don't like not being able to hit hr's.......:rolleyes:

Having the ability to hit a homerun does not make you a better ball player than someone who rarely does or can't!:eek:

Last edited:

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
This must be a local set of rules (other than Hr limits) because I've never seen the rest in the rule book.

Nothing will ever change until an ID system happens. Every sanction has players with multiple ID's so they can get around playing where they should. Just look at this years World Tournaments...multiple players were found to have multiple ID's and then were kicked out because they were playing in classes they were overqualified for!

I also think once you win at a certain level you should be moved up. For exampe if you win a State E title you can never play at the E State level or below. If you win a National E title you can never play E National level or below and if you win a World E title then you are a D player until you win at that level. Kills me the people who win a World title at one level and then never play at the next level!

If this was followed eventually you would build up the D, C, B and A levels. A should be the highest level where you can remain at without having to be bumped to the Majors. Yeah I know there will be some bench players who get caught up in this system but overall it would work if given a chance...IMHO.

This^^^^^. I have heard guys at tourneys talking about winning multiple E Worlds. If you win, you should be required to move up as an individual. People bend the team rules way too much. Drop a few, pick up a few new guys for a year,etc.

Having the ability to hit a homerun does not make you a better ball player than someone who rarely does or can't!:eek:

so what,its the whining that gets me.....the ol cry "we need to be able to hit hrs in E and D".....BS if ya can hit hrs and want to, ya need to move up,improve your defense if that is a problem.....E and D div are NOT hr div's,get over it......

jrbmagoo

The sandbagging in the MD/VA area is out of control. I just want to play ball and be allowed to hit HRs without being an inning ender or offensive ejection. That is just not fun for me, but unfortunately the only options for the most part here in MD is E ball or Opens.

Not true. There are quite a few D teams and not many C teams. The issue is teams being afraid of competition. I'm not sure where along the line things changed but when I was in hoghschool, we wanted to play the best in order to improve ourselves. That is no longer the case and guys are chsing hardware and berths sandbagging instead of playig to their competition level. We have options, it's a matter of both teams and some individuals growing a pair and stepping up!

tchaos7

Addicted to Softballfans
so what,its the whining that gets me.....the ol cry "we need to be able to hit hrs in E and D".....BS if ya can hit hrs and want to, ya need to move up,improve your defense if that is a problem.....E and D div are NOT hr div's,get over it......

so you're whining about people whining?

But pretty much you're saying that if someone hits 15-20 hrs a year that wants those 15-20 hrs to count and would rather play with his friends instead of playing with people he doesnt know that walk around like they're the greatest thing that god has created, he should just do it anyway, because he hits a few a year? give me a break.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
I hate the offensive ejection rule its serves no purpose. The idea that if you can hit a ball 300 feet you shouldn't be playing E is stupid, we have all seen league players who cant hit for **** hit balls over the fence does that make them D level tourney players? Offensive ejection is USSSA's lazy way to try to make people play up and it doesn't work. If USSSA wants people to play up then they need to actually force players to play up. What happens now is a team gets bumped and their 12 guys are ranked D. The team that got bumped up breaks up and they play E for different teams. The following year they apply to get reranked and they can all play together again. USSSA needs get off their lazy asses and actually rate players and force teams/players that get bumped to play up and stop reranking everyone and anyone who asks.

To answer the original question, if home runs were an offensive ejection in D the result would be more D teams playing E not C. It would also probably mean that USSSA's already dying D program would have even more teams leave to play other associations.