VaporWave aka CL22 sig series

Zedjay13

Starting Player
Anyone tried out The new VaporWave? Or is there a thread already somewhere for It? Just wondering if it’s the similar to past cl22’s.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks to be same specs as last year's Fulk which didn't get good reviews. Doesn't mean I won't buy one, but I don't have high hopes. Couple swing videos on YouTube and banging heads Facebook

MS23

Coach
Watched a video from the tube and it sounded different than the Fulk. It sounded like a nice loud crack, similar to the Malice i had before it blew up. I know it was indoors, but my Malice had a nice loud crack too. Never made it to the ball fields. Blew up at the cages. Got a Fulk as my return and the Fulk felt softer and had a softer sound off the bat. Distance was good, just felt different. Sold it. I have a new CL on the way. Hoping to get some swings on Sunday.

MS23

Coach
Will do! UPS drops it today. Still winter here but get some swings and see how it feels. I am hoping for an end loaded version of the Malice. Or a short barrel version of the TM perhaps?

MS23

Coach
Took her out for a test drive today. Indoor cage break in until spring
Using Classic M balls, I was very impressed out of the wrapper. Stiffer and less forgiving as the Natty but I prefer that. The ball really jumps off the barrel and has a good sound as well. I wish it was outdoor BP but I really like it. I also believe it is not just a Fulk repaint. Had a couple of guys try it out and they were very impressed. Most of the guys just swing Miken but really liked it. Had another guy who thought it was a 12" TM.
Probably has 50-60 swings now and I feel it's ready for outdoor reviews. Had a few bad swings off the hands and it did remind me it's not like my old Juggy or Onslaught where mi****s were more forgiving. But that barrel really is responsive. Honestly, I prefer CL over the Natty. I look forward to my next round of BP and continue to open her up.

MS23

Coach
Forgot to note. I have a 27oz. End load feels good to me. Not a sledge imo but good control with the swing theough the zone. Kept the tape on and added a knob cuff then a layer of gauze tape. I do not normally use batting gloves so it feels grippy on my bare hands.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung this side by side with my Fulk which I just sold. Same weighting, same feel and same performance. I only sold my Fulk because I like a little heavier endload and in the 26oz Fulk there just isn’t that much. That being said...Guys that don’t buy a Fulk at the prices they are at are really missing out. It took some work. But the one I sold was hot and I mean hot. With zero webbing and zero issues with compression. Did develop a rattle early on which was a new one for demars for me. But the Fulk is a legit bat after some work. With everyone wanting a bat now that fails in the wrapper or within 100 swings guys just aren’t giving them a chance and discarding them too soon imo. As a matter of fact when I swung the new CL22, I looked at the guy pitching and said I guess this one’s gonna need a few hundred swings. And his comment was..”Is that a bad thing though? Look at your Fulk.” My only dislike in both is the lack of endload.

Last edited:

chile

Bad Ape
I swung this side by side with my Fulk which I just sold. Same weighting, same feel and same performance. I only sold my Fulk because I like a little heavier endload and in the 26oz Fulk there just isn’t that much. That being said...Guys that don’t buy a Fulk at the prices they are at are really missing out. It took some work. But the one I sold was hot and I mean hot. With zero webbing and zero issues with compression. Did develop a rattle early on which was a new one for demars for me. But the Fulk is a legit bat after some work. With everyone wanting a bat now that fails in the wrapper or within 100 swings guys just aren’t giving them a chance and discarding them too soon imo. As a matter of fact when I swung it I looked at the guy pitching and said I guess this one’s gonna need a few hundred swings. And his comment was..”is that a bad thing though? Look at your Fulk.” My only dislike in both is the lack of endload.

the fulk is gtg.

Aziatik

the white/blue one...

You talking the one with the graffiti or the geometric one? Looking at a Larsen in 27.5 or 28.5 because it sounds balanced. Also looking at the CL Vaporwave, the jilted mistress (ugly purple graffiti) or whatever nautalai I can get between 27 and 28

chile

Bad Ape
You talking the one with the graffiti or the geometric one? Looking at a Larsen in 27.5 or 28.5 because it sounds balanced. Also looking at the CL Vaporwave, the jilted mistress (ugly purple graffiti) or whatever nautalai I can get between 27 and 28

geometric...but i'd go red nautty all day before any other one...haven't hit the newer nautalais since we ain't really playing any ball here

Aziatik

Claro, ball is in full swing right now here in sunny Puerto Vallarta and I just sold my red one yesterday and am looking for it's replacement.

The 2020 jilted mistress in a 28 sounds appealing, same barrel as the standard issue, cartel, vanilla gorilla and twisted mistress.

The 2020 fulk is also interesting... Nautalai and mistress tech combined.

geometric...but i'd go red nautty all day before any other one...haven't hit the newer nautalais since we ain't really playing any ball here