Veteran in the cold

sfgiant

Part Time Player
It was once said “the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco”.

I was asked to help a friend with a cold weather test and there is no colder place in the nation in June than Golden Gate park (that I know of). We took this white Veteran bat to the park with temps about 48 and heavy fog. There is a field there with no fences. We were not concerned about the distance or pop even though this white bat hits like a U2. The purpose was to see if it would hold up in the cold. The three of us took about 50 hits each hitting balls into the abyss of fog not knowing where they would land. Best guess count is 150 hits in very cold and damp weather and the bat is as solid as could be.

Two days later we took it out to our field in Santa Clara for bp with our team. We bashed over 300 hits in the white vet and there is not even a paint crack. Our opinion is this bat is every bit as good as the yellow Combat and U2. This morning we hit again at the SC field and put another 300 hits. It has a micro small paint chip and of course is marked up but still solid. So that is the report for what it is worth.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Sounds great... BTW... I used to play at those SF fields... and yes.. it cold in JULY in the Bay Area... Got any pics of the bat...??

sfgiant

Part Time Player
no pics my man. I told Gates I would hit the bat in the cold and in return I could post the results. Not into the pictures or selling crap. Just doing an old friend a favor and that's the end of it.

birddog06

Addicted to Softballfans
cool...good to see a senior bat that durable and well priced...do you ever hit in the East Bay on the other side of the bridge ??
I would like to swing that new Veteran.

davemutant

Oakland hills in early November is pretty chilly...saw a metal bat come apart, sawed in half clean.
The part of the barrel that came off was about the size of a beer can.
Were you at the Presidio Fields?