Vinci glove conditioner

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
From Vinci's website states:

"Our leathers also when treated with our Vinci Glove conditioner which comes with every glove, prevent ball spin by creating a sticky film on the leather"

What exactly is in the Vinci conditioner? I've seen people say it's basically Vasoline but I tried a little Vasoline on another glove and didn't notice a sticky or tacky feel.
The sticky film as stated above is something I'm looking for to prevent ball spin in my new cheaper $70 Rawlings glove. Is it only the Vinci leathers (US steer hide and Kip Leather) that when their conditioner is used, provides the "sticky film" result?

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
It wont help much on cheaper grained leathers as they are on the slick side anyhow. It works really well on pull up leathers the the Optimus leathers. Use it sparingly on your type of glove. I actually mix my own starting w the Vinci conditioners........
Not sure on there fpormula but I add a leather conditioner that softens and helps form the pocket. It may help if you knap the leather up against the grain a bit.

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
It wont help much on cheaper grained leathers as they are on the slick side anyhow. It works really well on pull up leathers the the Optimus leathers. Use it sparingly on your type of glove. I actually mix my own starting w the Vinci conditioners........
Not sure on there fpormula but I add a leather conditioner that softens and helps form the pocket. It may help if you knap the leather up against the grain a bit.

I see...Will anything help with the cheaper grained leather to make it a bit tacky? What leather conditioner are you using to help form the pocket? What do you mean by "knap the leather up against the grain"? How is this done?

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
Any glove conditioner. Pine tar or addhessive spray, 3m from home depot.... Is this considered cheating or a cheater glove....lol... In all seriousness this is what I would do if I wanted to make a ball stick more into the pocket. Just use a quick spray of the 3m 45 level of addhessive.

It might create a small film that will get dirty, but a ball glove should be dirty.

Last edited: