Vizion

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone still use this? I've heard mixed reviews....super cheap now, thought about giving one a try. Seems like with the 2018s on the horizon and a few exclusives dropping, this bat is completely forgotten (Which just maybe an indictment on the fact that it ISN'T very good lol)

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
It was/is a great Demarini. It didn’t get the love it deserved primarily because it was so expensive. The ability to change the endcaps and knobs to get the weight exactly like you prefer was awesome.

jlee

Just picked one up, due to it being pretty cheap right now. I love it. Got the 26/27 kit, might buy the 27/28 kit to mix it up. Has the same barrel as the CL22 (S.One tech). I love being able to mix and match the weights. When they say each kit gives you 4 options, it really does. It's interesting but the mix and match of the knob and end cap really makes a difference.

1 oz knob + 26 oz end cap = 26 balance (swings a little lighter)
2 oz knob + 26 oz end cap = 26 mid load
1 oz knob + 27 oz end cap = 27 mid load (imo)
2 oz knob + 27 oz end cap = 27 end load

The best thing about this in my opinion is, if it breaks you will get a return for a 2018 bat. This bat is still cheaper than most of the 2017 models.

Reactions: Wik

Party mafia

Just picked one up, due to it being pretty cheap right now. I love it. Got the 26/27 kit, might buy the 27/28 kit to mix it up. Has the same barrel as the CL22 (S.One tech). I love being able to mix and match the weights. When they say each kit gives you 4 options, it really does. It's interesting but the mix and match of the knob and end cap really makes a difference.

The best thing about this in my opinion is, if it breaks you will get a return for a 2018 bat. This bat is still cheaper than most of the 2017 models.
did you grab it for $165 from A3?

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans

This is great info....I was going to get the 27/28 kit, but I hear you always get the 1oz knob, regardless which kit you get. That should allow me to get some better EL in it that normal, correct?

did you grab it for $165 from A3?

Exactly why I thought about giving it a try!

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Anyone still use this? I've heard mixed reviews....super cheap now, thought about giving one a try. Seems like with the 2018s on the horizon and a few exclusives dropping, this bat is completely forgotten (Which just maybe an indictment on the fact that it ISN'T very good lol)

Ive read alot of people love the vizion. Like the deuce ( which i love personally )i think it just flies under the radar. It is also an older bat as well. With miken and worth catching up to demarini performance wise and with a " second coming of Jesus Christ. " exclusive coming out every other week. Alot flies under the radar these days.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Ive read alot of people love the vizion. Like the deuce ( which i love personally )i think it just flies under the radar. It is also an older bat as well. With miken and worth catching up to demarini performance wise and with a " second coming of Jesus Christ. " exclusive coming out every other week. Alot flies under the radar these days.

Agreed, love the Vizion. 1 oz knob with a 3.9 oz cap is a Beast!!

jlee

The one thing I still dont fully understand is the weighting system in comparison with different bats. For example, I don't know if the 28/29 kit features a heavier barrel with the appropriate interchangeable parts, or is every single barrel the same with different weighted end caps...

I was told by one that the barrel from the 26/27 was not the same with 28+.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
The one thing I still dont fully understand is the weighting system in comparison with different bats. For example, I don't know if the 28/29 kit features a heavier barrel with the appropriate interchangeable parts, or is every single barrel the same with different weighted end caps...

I was told by one that the barrel from the 26/27 was not the same with 28+.

Hmmmm ya, that is interesting and obviously could play a huge difference in weighting....

bird25

34/30 Club #25
So, that gets you nearly a 3oz EL? (1oz knob minus 3.9oz cap)? So, if I went with the 27/28 kit, my top end EL would be....1.5? 2?

Be a good idea to get some more feedback, interesting to me that the 1 oz knob with the 3.9 endcap weighs 28.5 and feels massively endloaded and the 2 oz knob with the 3.9 endcap weighs 30.0 and swings balancedo_O

milesej05

The Rookie
Hmmmm ya, that is interesting and obviously could play a huge difference in weighting....

Wonder if anyone with a vizion would be willing to remove the knob and end cap and put it on a scale to determine if the kits are actually what changes the weighting of the bat.

TRaj2327

It's been a while but when these came out I believe I remember weighing the "naked" bats and them weighing the same from kit to kit. The kits determine the bat weights.

Be a good idea to get some more feedback, interesting to me that the 1 oz knob with the 3.9 endcap weighs 28.5 and feels massively endloaded and the 2 oz knob with the 3.9 endcap weighs 30.0 and swings balancedo_O

I'm not surprised by this. Think about it....

3.9 - 1.0 = 2.9 difference toward the end
3.9 - 2.0 = 1.9 difference toward the end

jpjedi27

Too Old to Play
The vizion is a great bat. Somehow I did end up with a 27.5 oz endcap that was actually labeled as so. Only problem I had was that someone would try the bat and hit on the endcap causing the plastic lock insert to break or crack the area where the set screw is located. This bat needed to have 2 screws for durability.

Party mafia

The vizion is a great bat. Somehow I did end up with a 27.5 oz endcap that was actually labeled as so. Only problem I had was that someone would try the bat and hit on the endcap causing the plastic lock insert to break or crack the area where the set screw is located. This bat needed to have 2 screws for durability.
so you're not able to unscrew the old screw because of the broken end?

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans

Oooof man, that is REALLY good info.....I mean like, I may just pass on this stick because of how important that is...never thought of it. But if you are constantly going through end caps, you can't just get another to replace it easily!

jpjedi27

Too Old to Play
I had other end caps as they give u a complete package when returning them however when the plastic part where to set screw it's supposed to be falls out it doesn't stay too tight it floats

THESHOE

Starting Player
Fixed it for ya.

Plus the Newbreed stole the show, again by Demarini standards only the following season.

It was/is a great Demarini. It didn’t get the love it deserved primarily because it was A UTrip Demarini....

slapnutz

I have more DBO than you!
I swung the f12, f12ri, and f30. Beginning of this season I saw the vizion was pretty cheap and gave it a shot. I use it religiously this season. Great pop and great control. When I'm in the later part of a tournament, I switch to lower weight to maintain my bat speed.