Walks (BB)

NO_MAAM

Addicted to Softballfans
D league team taking walks.
People say a walk is as good as a hit but be ready to swing the damn bat.
Almost forgot 3 of the guys trying to draw BB used pinch runners.
If your to out of shape to swing the bat or run stay home!!!

Have Fun Swing The Bat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETrain33

My guess is you are not very good, as a good player wouldn't say this...

D league team taking walks.
People say a walk is as good as a hit but be ready to swing the damn bat.
Almost forgot 3 of the guys trying to draw BB used pinch runners.
If your to out of shape to swing the bat or run stay home!!!

Have Fun Swing The Bat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
If the pitcher can't pitch, take a walk. That being said, the whole, "I can hit, but I can't run thing" is a pet peeve of mine...but that's a whole 'nother topic.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
I'm censoring myself before saint comes in here and uses his blue name to scare people.

These are the only saints that scare anybody....as you would say, this is real talk :cool:

bds1.jpg

oppo

Coach
If the other team is taking walks, it is your fault. Try whining less and throwing strikes more. ;)

pimawarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
If the other team is taking walks, it is your fault. Try whining less and throwing strikes more. ;)

Throw strikes, throw strikes, throw strikes. This will take away the walking strategy from the opposing team. If your pitcher can't throw strikes, he needs to go!:D

Erdrikds

<font color="#8B1A1A">Who dominates?I dominate.</f
I played a game where the opposing team threw 8 walks in one inning. I swung at the ball and got a ground rule dbl. But the pitches were at least a foot off the plate not anywhere near hitting it. They put like 3 different pitchers in and were yelling at their own team. That part was kind of funny. Also my gf plays all girls ball and I have not seen as many girls looking for walks just to win. It's ridiculous each game takes like 2 hours and some of the pitching is close it's worse than coed if you ask me.

oppo

Coach
I played a game where the opposing team threw 8 walks in one inning. I swung at the ball and got a ground rule dbl. But the pitches were at least a foot off the plate not anywhere near hitting it. They put like 3 different pitchers in and were yelling at their own team. That part was kind of funny. Also my gf plays all girls ball and I have not seen as many girls looking for walks just to win. It's ridiculous each game takes like 2 hours and some of the pitching is close it's worse than coed if you ask me.

It is not about looking for walks. As a hitter if you are foolish enough to swing at crap that is all you will get. If you want to get decent pitches to hit, don't swing at crap.

Erdrikds

<font color="#8B1A1A">Who dominates?I dominate.</f
It is not about looking for walks. As a hitter if you are foolish enough to swing at crap that is all you will get. If you want to get decent pitches to hit, don't swing at crap.

I agree if they are terrible pitches. Good hitting to me is all about good pitch selection. IJS that most girls look for walks if they can get it most of the time. Personally I hate to walk I'm a good enough hitter to hit a big a** ball. I think I took 5 walks last season 3 of them intentional.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
My guess is you are not very good, as a good player wouldn't say this...

X2...i agree with this...the object of softball is to win. How do you win? You get on base in hopes to score more runs than your opponent. If the pitcher cant throw strikes then walk. Am I supposed to swing at bad pitches and lessen my chance of getting on base bc you cant throw strikes? It takes a HITTER to be able to walk

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
If the pitcher is throwing strikes people dont walk, maybe you should ***** at your pitcher for not being able to find the plate instread of the batters who didn't swing. I don't care what league/tournament I'm playing, if the pitcher doesn't throw me a strike I'd rather walk and help my team then pop up or hit a weak ground ball somewhere because I swung at a crappy pitch. Maybe you should get a pitcher that can throw strikes.

CAJones17

Addicted to Softballfans
I think its funny when the other team starts saying swing the bat when their pitcher can't throw strikes.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
It's funny how when a team can't throw strikes, they get pissed about the other team taking walks. Then when it's their turn to hit they go to the dugout and immediately say "everybody watch a pitch - make them throw strikes too"... hypocrisy in full effect.

WarningTrackHR

Last Brawh Standing
I dont hit the middle in league alot unless provoked, usually just try to bizzomb.

We piss middle in league cuz the top 2 division, best 12 league teams in town are all made up tourney players. so it's not like we're hitting at old men. and pissing middle is funny. Bombs are usually saved for when no one is on.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
It's funny how when a team can't throw strikes, they get pissed about the other team taking walks. Then when it's their turn to hit they go to the dugout and immediately say "everybody watch a pitch - make them throw strikes too"... hypocrisy in full effect.

This is so funny and true, then you throw them strikes and they get mad because they cant walk:rolleyes:

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
We piss middle in league cuz the top 2 division, best 12 league teams in town are all made up tourney players. so it's not like we're hitting at old men. and pissing middle is funny. Bombs are usually saved for when no one is on.

Jesus its just league ball bud:D