Warstic USSSA Bats in Slowpitch

UncleMosk

Any news on these as of yet. Looks like the Eastons with the rubber connection between shell and barrel.

D-ROCK13

Nice looking bats, but can't find any info on them other than their own website. Surprised no one has reviewed one yet. looks like both are 13" barrel with one being 1oz end load and the other is called speed loaded, which i'd guess would be balanced or midload maybe.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
A buddy contacted Warstic; speed-loaded is balanced.

I keep looking for reviews, I wanna pull the trigger on a Bonesaber but there's absolutely no info on them.

Committed

They look cool but why waste your money on 240 bats when you can get 220 for less money. Why anyone other than conference guys swing 240 is besides me…

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
They look cool but why waste your money on 240 bats when you can get 220 for less money. Why anyone other than conference guys swing 240 is besides me…
Because they have a warranty and aren't much difference. I don't think I'll be buying any new ones though.

D-ROCK13

Slowpitch bat bros released a video review finally, both tested at 230 in the wrapper but, they said they still felt unbroken in and very stiff, not very good and tiny sweet spot... . Apparently warstic released the first batch and the 25 and 26 oz unknowingly all had this problem and they're swapping them for a new version for free. 27 and 28 oz were unaffected somehow, according to warstic. The balanced one has a really neat handle with basically no knob, they seemed to like it alot for drop pinky grip.

UncleMosk

Do like the look of that baseball handle for sure. Won't be pulling trigger. Have 2 many toys and not enough years left to enjoy them all.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Slowpitch bat bros released a video review finally, both tested at 230 in the wrapper but, they said they still felt unbroken in and very stiff, not very good and tiny sweet spot... . Apparently warstic released the first batch and the 25 and 26 oz unknowingly all had this problem and they're swapping them for a new version for free. 27 and 28 oz were unaffected somehow, according to warstic. The balanced one has a really neat handle with basically no knob, they seemed to like it alot for drop pinky grip.

That was a brutal review. I don't understand how a bat can fail compression right out of the wrapper and still feel stiff and dead. Not only that, they cracked both models almost immediately. As much as I love the tapered knob and looks of the Bonesaber I think I'll be waiting for Warstic to iron out the kinks.

D-ROCK13

Fat Guy Bp also reviewed the bonesaber in a 27oz and it tested 300 in wrapper and they seemed to be enjoying it, read some comments that were on both sides as well. Hopefully they get it fixed soon, wouldn't mind trying a bat with that knob

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was a brutal review. I don't understand how a bat can fail compression right out of the wrapper and still feel stiff and dead. Not only that, they cracked both models almost immediately. As much as I love the tapered knob and looks of the Bonesaber I think I'll be waiting for Warstic to iron out the kinks.
Because compression isn't a direct correlation to performance and it never has been. See my combined works of everytime I've botched about this dumb ass standard on here lol.

It's not a terrible way to find shaved or rolled bars, but as a performance standard it's not it. All you have to do is watch those exit velo vids the bros do. There's no real consistency by compression grouping. The worst part is testing has all but stopped around here.

ShortYellowBus

Performance is subjective. If a bat works for you, it’s okay. That’s the point of trying new bats.

However I don’t believe 240 bats are higher performing than 220 bats. The bat reps are just trying to sell bats.

Exit velocity is dependent upon learning how to get better results. Hard grounders, spiked down with a raised tee get the highest MPH results. That type of hitting doesn’t translate to the field very well.

Bat dog guy says the sinister is the best and BP hero says it’s the worst; doggy’s swing looks a lot different than BP hero’s. Different bats will work for different people’s types of swings.

I still believe heavier bats and more BP yields better results, but my swing isn’t the same as anyone else’s.

So swing what works best for your swing.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Because compression isn't a direct correlation to performance and it never has been. See my combined works of everytime I've botched about this dumb ass standard on here lol.

It's not a terrible way to find shaved or rolled bars, but as a performance standard it's not it. All you have to do is watch those exit velo vids the bros do. There's no real consistency by compression grouping. The worst part is testing has all but stopped around here.

Compression definitely doesn't have a linear relationship with performance. But it is directly tied to how a bat feels; low compression = soft spongy barrel, high compression = stiff barrel. The bats in the Softball Bat Bros. video both failed at 230 but they still complained about how stiff they felt and how bad they hurt their hands, that's not typical for anything that tests below 275-300.

D-ROCK13

I agree with the heavier bat thing, but, the older i get the harder it is to swing 30oz endloads in 6 games a week plus bp on sundays😂.

I've seen bats test 185 and have less pop than a cheap alloy bat, and I've seen bats test 300 and perform beautifully, so i don't take compression into much consideration, honestly.

I think the monsta 24oz club fits certain swing types for sure, but not mine at all. Every bat under 26 I've swung has felt flexy on contact and had way less distance

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Compression definitely doesn't have a linear relationship with performance. But it is directly tied to how a bat feels; low compression = soft spongy barrel, high compression = stiff barrel. The bats in the Softball Bat Bros. video both failed at 230 but they still complained about how stiff they felt and how bad they hurt their hands, that's not typical for anything that tests below 275-300.
I would agree it's atypical, but I'm not a materials engineer. For all I know it could be that way in softball bats because the makers know the current conventional wisdom is that soft feeling equals better performance.

I had a Mizuno envy that vibrated like a tuning fork no matter where you hit it. It wasn't designed that way, and had to have been an actual defect because of how popular they were. It was also at least reasonably broken in, and that never changed. There are a lot of factors surrounding feel and performance that we know nothing about to be frank.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Performance is subjective. If a bat works for you, it’s okay. That’s the point of trying new bats.

However I don’t believe 240 bats are higher performing than 220 bats. The bat reps are just trying to sell bats.

Exit velocity is dependent upon learning how to get better results. Hard grounders, spiked down with a raised tee get the highest MPH results. That type of hitting doesn’t translate to the field very well.

Bat dog guy says the sinister is the best and BP hero says it’s the worst; doggy’s swing looks a lot different than BP hero’s. Different bats will work for different people’s types of swings.

I still believe heavier bats and more BP yields better results, but my swing isn’t the same as anyone else’s.

So swing what works best for your swing.
There absolutely are 240 bats that out perform 220, but I agree on not listening to reps.

Country469

matching the proper ball combo to your bat for max exit speeds matters a lot too

the manufacturing process for composite bats ensures not even two of the same model will ever be identical in performance