Waukesha bp thread v3.0

Pretty

Softball is cool
This is the time of year Scott gets challenged or challenges someone to a HR derby that never takes place.

Last edited:

jakeski13

Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat
It's not a real homerun derby with asa bats. Definitely utrip. Senior. Or outlaw bats. Woop woop

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive got a quick question for you guys. In a 3gg tourney, would you prefer a 1 game play in to determine upper/ lower, or just a straight 3gg bracket. Looking for some opinions and your reasons why. Thanks

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
I like the play in personally. It separates the talent somewhat. No format is going to please everyone. One things for sure- you better damn well figure out how to get shooters playing in the upper bracket of your tournament. Because those guys are insane, crazy good.

Pretty

Softball is cool
I would rather do the play in and then 2 in which ever bracket you qualify for. The problem is you have to make the lower payout considerably less or you get a sand bag team in the lower.

The money should be primarily in the top bracket. The teams that are in the top bracket generally play all the time together and can use that for traveling and other tournaments. Where the lower teams are usually a throw together team that can get their money and go spend it all at the bar. To me the lower should be money back to 1st and 2nd/3rd can kick rocks lol. This is coming from someone who would play on a throw together team. Playing softball all weekend or a full day on saturday is good enough for me. I play for the competition and fun knowing that in most circumstances I am not going to win a play for money tournament. If I played more weekend ball and got on a tournament team, my outlook migh tbe different.

Especially since every tournement in WI is "Open."

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
I like the play in personally. It separates the talent somewhat. No format is going to please everyone. One things for sure- you better damn well figure out how to get shooters playing in the upper bracket of your tournament. Because those guys are insane, crazy good. ��

Good stuff lol

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
I would rather do the play in and then 2 in which ever bracket you qualify for. The problem is you have to make the lower payout considerably less or you get a sand bag team in the lower.

The money should be primarily in the top bracket. The teams that are in the top bracket generally play all the time together and can use that for traveling and other tournaments. Where the lower teams are usually a throw together team that can get their money and go spend it all at the bar. To me the lower should be money back to 1st and 2nd/3rd can kick rocks lol. This is coming from someone who would play on a throw together team. Playing softball all weekend or a full day on saturday is good enough for me. I play for the competition and fun knowing that in most circumstances I am not going to win a play for money tournament. If I played more weekend ball and got on a tournament team, my outlook migh tbe different.

Especially since every tournement in WI is "Open."
I'm leaning towards the play in. I already have figured that the difference in payout for winning the upper/lower would be at least $600 (maybe more) and probably pay out top 3 in each. Just need to try and figure out squeezing in 12 more games

jakeski13

Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat
Only problem with a play in is the teams that sandbag to get into the lower. So worse teams get into the upper and better teams take the lower

renzi11

Manager
Just to give you an example Shawn if you want...

Kenny's pays out top 4 in each (Upper and Lower). I only know the 1st place payouts, but there is a substantial difference.

Upper - $1,500
Lower - $650

Pretty

Softball is cool
It's a long shot but anybody know where you get month to month or 6 month lease on a house or apt. 2 bedrooms that accepts two little dogs? We sold our pad and close 4/24. We need a place to live until the new place is built in August time frame. Oak creek, Franklin, Muskego, mukwonago, south Waukesha. We would use 4/1 as a move in date if need be.

It's a long shot but anybody know where you get month to month or 6 month lease on a house or apt. 2 bedrooms that accepts two little dogs? We sold our pad and close 4/24. We need a place to live until the new place is built in August time frame. Oak creek, Franklin, Muskego, mukwonago, south Waukesha. We would use 4/1 as a move in date if need be.

try vbro - i've rented vacation houses from there and i know that some of those offer monthly leasing as well - or a realtor, they should have some

jakeski13

Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat
I just sold a bat bat that was apparently shaved. It fooled me because it still didn't perform even close to my completely stock dc41. Yikes