Webbing on Current Line Demars

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I'm not seeing a lot of webbing in the new line Demars. Mercy is the only one I see web up and it seems to coincide with neing well broken in. My Futures got nothing and they are straight gas with all balls.

What are you guys swinging, how many swings with what balls, are you noticing any webbing, and did its arrival coincide with a milestone (broken in, just before death, taking the wrapper off) of any sort?

RalphG427

On the bench
No webbing on my cl22 (black and grey) or future. Each has probably about 500 cuts a piece with a mix of .52/300 .40/375 and .44/375. Both smoke the ball as good as any bats I've across and pass compression testing.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
My Mercy has a few lines of webbing. Same line it had within the first 20 hits. But it's a light colored bat. Shows up well. Most other Demars are darker this year. My Juggy has a low hot count, so may be early for webbing. But I don't see the flat black paint showing webbing anyway.

TRaj2327

Mercy and the true one are the only ones that get it from what I have seen.

Same as last year....fu, 2.1, and mercy only.

longspear

Addicted to Softballfans
My 2.1 is webbed pretty good. My OG CL22 webbed pretty fast, got a paint crack (and that was about 800 cuts ago....LOL) I've got to clean the FU cause i'm pretty sure it's about to blow up.

adunn83

Jesus saves!
My True One has 1800 hits on it. It started with some vertical webbing but has been spiraling for a while now. It's not holy crap bad but there are plenty of lines to extend. There wasn't a noticeable change in performance with the webbing but it cracks when hit square.

Somebody recently posted a price Check on a 28 j3a saying it had light webbing. Only have seen the fu and Og mercy Web up so far.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't believe theres any webbing on the j3u, which is the only bat I've likely put enough swings on to cause webbing. nothing on the cl22, j3a, or mad dawg, but like I said, I'm not sure any of them have enough swings anyway.

thing is, I've never really had webbing on any bat without clear coat, so I'm not at all surprised by this. has anybody had a 'matte' finish bat web?

6040adam

Addicted to Softballfans
Zero webbing on any of my j3 s, juggys, or cl22. I've hit plenty of rocks with the cl22 and nothing. Getting hot as **** though.

6040adam

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought webbing mainly occurred with bats that have a clear cot... unlike most of the new DeMarini s

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
My 27oz J3A webbed at about 500 cuts. But I got a 30oz with 2000 cuts and not a thing. My J3U has over 2000 as well and has a very slight vertical and diagonal paint line but no webbing. Fu dawg webs after few hundred hits usually. New Juggy and Future seem to paint crack pretty quickly but haven't seen webbing yet.

UWmad

Addicted to Softballfans
My Mercy has a couple spots with webs (nothing major).
My True One on the other hand is really starting to web up a bunch lately. Both bats get used as team bats so unsure on amount of hits...not a whole lot though. Been swinging the True One in my NSA league with Thunder ZN's.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Black bats typically don't web quickly or at all on the old school stuff like the original Freak98 but when they did, holy crap watch out. Then I had Swaggers that wouldn't web until almost dead even though they were white.

The new stuff like the J3a's, J3u's, Juggy's, Future, AM, CL22 (I should have looked closer at KM's) I haven't seen web regardless of color but I also don't have extensive experience hitting each of them.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Both of the Mercys web up. The Stadium 2 and 2.1 are both matte and they both web.

there was a couple years there where demarini dropped the ball on naming, but wasn't the stadium 2 the white/red one that was glossy like the og stadium? or are you talking about the black/green one?

are the mercy's also matte finish?

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
there was a couple years there where demarini dropped the ball on naming, but wasn't the stadium 2 the white/red one that was glossy like the og stadium? or are you talking about the black/green one?

are the mercy's also matte finish?

He's referring to the Spec1/stadium 2 red/white, wasn't glossy as the Fu or some others, more like the Mercy type finish, not as flat as the new Mikens either.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
My Cluggy webbed all over very quickly. It webbed up before it got a paint crack. Haven't opened up my other one yet.

One of my 27oz J3A webbed up as well and lasted around 1800 swings with every ball under the sun. The other J3A never got webbing and lasted 1200 hits with the same balls.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
My Cluggy webbed all over very quickly. It webbed up before it got a paint crack. Haven't opened up my other one yet.

One of my 27oz J3A webbed up as well and lasted around 1800 swings with every ball under the sun. The other J3A never got webbing and lasted 1200 hits with the same balls.

I've seen webbing on a demo Aftermath. Also webbing showing on my Fu Dawg.

That's interesting on both of these, first I've heard of it. I'll just keep an eye on my Futures, imagine when they do web it will be close to the end.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Fu dawg is covered in webbing, my CL22's never did even hitting ZN's. Picked up a true one last week with 100 swings on it, didn't have any webbing but I put about 50 on it since then and it's starting to show some traditional vertical webbing.