Weight Watchers for Big Guys.

SukTNutz

Addicted to Softballfans
I am 265 and want to get to 230 and with this it dhould work. Any one else try this? and Fire away.......:D

The Vapors

Addicted to Softballfans
It should work but what happens when you reach that weight and quit the program. There needs to be a lifestyle change in there somewhere.

xshawnxearthx

Addicted to Softballfans
Weight watchers works for some. Check out Loseit.com. They have a mobile app. I use it to track progress and calories. Works pretty well, I think.

Moose5308

Addicted to Softballfans
dude no doubt WW works. if you have an iphone its even easier to track your stuff. and fyi its all about holding yourself accountable.

BigRB

Gimpy Shouldered Glove Ho/ pitcher
2 weeks down 10 pounds.Look out Charles..........sigh.

Hows it going for you, man? I just started this week, at 238, trying to get down to 2 bills...wife lost 40+ in the past year on it, so I figured I would give it a shot...

Scott P

Starting Player
A good friend lost 150 lbs with Weight Watchers. He said the women there in the program hated him since it worked so well for him. He's down low enough now that his doctor wanted to see him add a couple pounds. I just don't know how long he was on the program.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weight watchers works for some. Check out Loseit.com. They have a mobile app. I use it to track progress and calories. Works pretty well, I think.

LiveStrong has a pretty good set of tools for tracking.

The one word of caution with all the pre-prepped foods, whether they be WW or NS or what have you...

SODIUM

Fatt_Tony_13

Fatt boy on a diet...
Ive lost a little over 10lbs in a month on weight watchers. 1st week was 5 and then a couple here or there the next 3. So far so good for me. My goal at the moment is 230 by April 27th. Which is only 15 more lbs.

BigRB

Gimpy Shouldered Glove Ho/ pitcher
Ive lost a little over 10lbs in a month on weight watchers. 1st week was 5 and then a couple here or there the next 3. So far so good for me. My goal at the moment is 230 by April 27th. Which is only 15 more lbs.
We should get a few more guys and do a weigh in on here, lol.....down 9.5 since I started on march 5..

TheSaint

Addicted to Softballfans
I've lost about 20 pounds on WW. I do the "Simply Filling" technique, which I find better than the points... allows you to eat more.

Scott P

Starting Player
I did P90X and tracked my calories with MyFitnessPal to drop all of my weight. As of this morning, I am down 49 pounds since May of 2011. I've done two round of P90X, a round of a P90X/TurboFire Hybrid (with a lot of doubles) and I'm three weeks into P90X2. I like to cook, so this setup worked best for me. I have a digital food scale and weigh out pretty much everything I eat. I enter the food into the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone and it tracks calories along with carbs, protein and fat. I can set up the ratios I want to follow and it helps me stay within them. It has a huge food database, so I can enter restaurant dishes as well if I go out. I have to say that it was probably the biggest help in losing the weight as it let me know how much I used to eat and why I wasn't losing weight despite eating "healthy".

I'm sure Weight Watchers is similar in execution. You get point values of different foods. You still have to weigh out and measure tings. There is the nice bonus of the accountability factor with weigh-ins. I didn't have that, but I tracked my workouts on an Excel spreadsheet and recorded my weight every day. I could see when a bad food day or days affected me or when I was hitting a plateau.

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
For me, tracking points and using apps would never work. I am down 45+ lbs from just over a year ago. I was at 260, and now hover between 212 and 217. I achieved this weight just before this past Christmas. Mine was lifestyle change. A new job that is alot more physical. I was mainly at a desk for about 8 years, now I sit for about a total of 5 minutes a day if i'm lucky. I almost stopped all of the evening chip/nut/junk food snacking, eliminated all the take out lunches and made my own at home that always contained a banana and a bag of veggies. I did an almost no carb diet for about a month and a half last May/June (I still had to have my beer). I now feel comfortable cheating with unhealthy foods, but I am finding myself cheating a little too much, so I have to calm it down.

Just being conscious of what was going into my body and how I was taking care of it worked for me. And checking the scale everyday helped keep me on track. If I gained a pound, it was motivation, if I dropped a pound, it was even greater motivation. I feel stronger and healthier than ever. I want to get down to 200, but I want more muscle and to get rid of the tire. Workouts will achieve this.

berglin11

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine was lifestyle change. A new job that is alot more physical. I was mainly at a desk for about 8 years, now I sit for about a total of 5 minutes a day if i'm lucky. I almost stopped all of the evening chip/nut/junk food snacking, eliminated all the take out lunches and made my own at home that always contained a banana and a bag of veggies.

Totally agree on the lifestyle change. I used to weight 250 and stopped eating late at night, cut out pop and snacking, didn't eat past 7 p.m. and started to exercise. Dropped down to 160 then started lifting and up to 180. Injuries have made me a little soft in the middle but I'll work on it.

jstrong

They love to hate me
Not sure if this was mentioned but Nutrisystem works. For me its great because my biggest challenge is understanding what the correct portion is to eat. Im down 36 lbs since Dec now and because I've been on it for a few months my stomach is now used to these smaller portions and its easier to keep slowly but steadily drops lbs.

wannabeaplayer

Addicted to Softballfans
brother in law doing WW has lost 78 pounds over the last year and a half. in that amount of time creates the lifestyle change to keep it off....good luck