Well here it is.....first relace job

mihklo

Ended up being easier than I expected. When I first started lookin I debated sending it to dirty. Had some fun with it abs will def do another! Just need to get a different "needle" as I got one with the handle which was kinda a pain.
Here are the pics. Not perfect but I am very happy with it.

9ff6c74a.jpg

7e503b8d.jpg

6af420a8.jpg

ar2x7

Substance & Style
meh, its ok for some lefty, but i would never allow you to work on a normal glove...

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks good. Relacing is a good way to work off nervous energy while watching a ballgame.

Uh, are those square knots?

sbw

Starting Player
Being that is your first relace, you did a great job bro. Looks pretty good.

mihklo

Guess I shouldn't have put "job" on there. As this is my glove and def not getting paid to do it.

They may be square knots, I guess. Lol. Not really sure what they are.

Either way I had fun with it, and got what I wanted outta of it.

I'm open to pointers tho on what I did wrong or just tips in general. As I'm sure I'll be doing some of my other gloves in the future for fun.

I'm no professional, but I did notice two things. First you should watch this for your knots. Second it looks like the "smooth" side is out on the back of the fingers. From the advice I got, the "fuzzy" side should be out like it would naturally be when pulling through the holes across the back of the fingers. Other than that it looks good!!

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm no professional, but I did notice two things. First you should watch this for your knots. Second it looks like the "smooth" side is out on the back of the fingers. From the advice I got, the "fuzzy" side should be out like it would naturally be when pulling through the holes across the back of the fingers. Other than that it looks good!!

BUt it also looks like the smooth side is out on the palm side... hmmm. Yeah, no need to twist the lace as it goes from palm side to back side through the fingers.

Podo

"JewDoe"

Very nice video! Watch this a few times guys, it make it look even easier than it is. Practice a little and you'll start to understand why it's so important to do it the right way. I grab all my buddies gloves and redo there crappy halfass knots every chance I get. Kinda like a fobia, lol. I just hate seeing them the wrong way.

mihklo

Thx bros for the advice. I realize there are a few mistakes with it, but will only get better with each I do. Fixed the knots this mornin as well.

Quick question though. For those of you that do this, where did you get your lace needle? Def want a new one for next time I do this.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Thx bros for the advice. I realize there are a few mistakes with it, but will only get better with each I do. Fixed the knots this mornin as well.

Quick question though. For those of you that do this, where did you get your lace needle? Def want a new one for next time I do this.

try here for online purchase buybaseballglovelace.com otherwise I got mine from pias

502 to Right

Manager
I'm no professional, but I did notice two things. Second it looks like the "smooth" side is out on the back of the fingers. From the advice I got, the "fuzzy" side should be out like it would naturally be when pulling through the holes across the back of the fingers. Other than that it looks good!!

I disagree. The smooth side should face out on both sides (like the OP has done on his glove). It takes some skill to make it happen but that's the way most all quality gloves come from the factory.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
For the gloves at my house laced by the factory, all five Nokonas have the smooth side out and the Rawlings (older SG96), Vinci (BMB), and three Glovesmiths have the rough side out.

502 to Right

Manager
For the gloves at my house laced by the factory, all five Nokonas have the smooth side out and the Rawlings (older SG96), Vinci (BMB), and three Glovesmiths have the rough side out.

Interesting. I've owned probably around 50 HOH's, A2000's and Pro Preferreds and I've never had any of them with the rough side out on the pinky or thumb.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Thanks for the link bro.

Have you ever tried their lace?

Nope I just ordered from usasportsdirect.com earlier this week. It was 10-72" x 3/16" for $25. Dirt cheap IMO, I'll keep u posted on quality when it comes in. I usually only use tanners, but it's quite a bit more.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I am looking at the back of the finger tips, not the mid-thumb and mid-pinky laces. On those, the smooth side is always out.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Nope I just ordered from usasportsdirect.com earlier this week. It was 10-72" x 3/16" for $25. Dirt cheap IMO, I'll keep u posted on quality when it comes in. I usually only use tanners, but it's quite a bit more.

For the lace, it is as good as any tanners I've used in the past IMO. At $2.50 a lace u can't beat it