Well, that was a pleasant surprise...

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Went to go to a practice with my other team (co-ed weekend team that needs work), and only 4 people showed. :(

Turns out field next to us was having a charity game (for Breast Cancer) and one of the teams needed some players (they made the other team look good). Game was against a radio station against Dental Clinic (we played with dentists/techs). They were stoked I had a strike mat in the truck (they were going to just draw lines in the dirt - no umps). I was stoked on the 240' fences (2 HR's and 2 hits for 4)! :D

We lost, but super-fun, low-pressure game and for a good cause. And now I am going to put together another team from my primary league to play them later on (and get some revenge for the loss, I hope). And help raise more $, of course...

Went expecting a sleepy practice with noobs, and ended up getting a fun game in (best practice, if you ask me)! Life can be funny like that...

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
brag post for 240' fences? jk.. good cause here.

Sort of. Felt good to take a jog. Cannot reach on our regular field (well, once in a while, but I don't waste time trying to stroke my own ego vs helping team with line-drives...).

AJ22

Super Moderator
Went to go to a practice with my other team (co-ed weekend team that needs work), and only 4 people showed. :(

Turns out field next to us was having a charity game (for Breast Cancer) and one of the teams needed some players (they made the other team look good). Game was against a radio station against Dental Clinic (we played with dentists/techs). They were stoked I had a strike mat in the truck (they were going to just draw lines in the dirt - no umps). I was stoked on the 240' fences (2 HR's and 2 hits for 4)! :D

We lost, but super-fun, low-pressure game and for a good cause. And now I am going to put together another team from my primary league to play them later on (and get some revenge for the loss, I hope). And help raise more $, of course...

Went expecting a sleepy practice with nudes, and ended up getting a fun game in (best practice, if you ask me)! Life can be funny like that...

Fixed it for you ...

How boring ... choice between practicing co-ed nude or playing an actual game for a good cause ?? Hopefully at least you get a free teeth cleaning for helping the Dental Clinic win.

hittin_middle

Addicted to Softballfans
Next time you play have them bring in the novacaine and do shots before the 1st inning. You may not hit worth crap but at least you won't care:D