Westerns - St. George

hamneggs

Scrap Iron Mile High 55 AAA will be there.
My understanding is that just about all the Scrap Iron teams will attend.

yea, how many Scrap Iron teams are there ? We played in Aurora a few years back, seemed like every other field had a Scrap Iron team .

we’ll be there (Crush/ Miken 55’s M+ ). Very much looking forward to seeing St. George and The Canyons Complex, as I’ve never been. Heard nothing but good things.

denthepitcher

SF Native
yea, how many Scrap Iron teams are there ? We played in Aurora a few years back, seemed like every other field had a Scrap Iron team .

we’ll be there (Crush/ Miken 55’s M+ ). Very much looking forward to seeing St. George and The Canyons Complex, as I’ve never been. Heard nothing but good things.

Between 15 and 17 teams in the SI group. I think the only age group they don't have a team(s) is the 50's.

Looking forward to playing at the Canyons. Heard they are among the best fields in the country. This will be my first time there also.

denthepitcher

SF Native
From SSUSA site:

MESQUITE CHANGE OF VENUE • SSUSA was advised early Friday that the Hunter Park and Pioneer Park softball complexes in Mesquite will NOT be available for use during the upcoming Western National's ... This COVID-closure is effective immediately and there is no current targeted expiration date ... Arrangements are nearly concluded for expanded use of the previously listed St. George facilities and lease acquisition of other softball complexes in the area ... In addition to the divisions moving from Mesquite, certain other divisions of play will also relocate to meet the games demand geometry of the changes ... The tentative Master Plan has been redone to incorporate these changes and will be released shortly after official civic arrangements are confirmed, possibly as early as Monday ... Thank you!

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
To all who are going to attend... I wish each of you good luck, my team will be there. But I've decided not to play this event besides the issues with the pandemic... Hope all your team win their division The avg. Temp for St. George at this time period will be about? 100 - 106 degrees... Side note the World's in Vegas may not happen, But THAT they could pull it off at St.George...??

AutomaticSOB

Senior Status 50+
Man, I wish my team was playing this weekend! Have fun, stay safe in that heat. Best of luck to my friends from NorCal and N Nev. If anyone can post a picture of 50 scores, much appreciated!

AutomaticSOB

Senior Status 50+
Thanks my friend! My team from last year, Battleborn won the 50 majors, very cool! Congratulations to all the winners and I’m keeping the fingers crossed I can get some games in this year.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Thanks my friend! My team from last year, Battleborn won the 50 majors, very cool! Congratulations to all the winners and I’m keeping the fingers crossed I can get some games in this year.
I MAY? go to the Worlds... Working on the old lady to go... LOL!!! :eek::oops::rolleyes:, Word is Major Plus 60's will be 3 days, not 4 like the other divisions... :);)