What’s you guys favorite on tan gloves?

Do any of you folks use these gloves or are they just to look at? any pictures of gloves that have been or are currently being used? I'll send a couple pictures of the two gloves that i use in the two leagues that i play in if anyone might be interested. But i am interested in good gloves that are used to make good defensive plays.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Then you are in the wrong thread, I’m not here to see a $40 worn out glove, I enjoy nice leather and the construction and workmanship that comes with it, I enjoy taking time to break in a good glove that will last a long time, I enjoy looking at shelf pieces, theses are art

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Do any of you folks use these gloves or are they just to look at? any pictures of gloves that have been or are currently being used? I'll send a couple pictures of the two gloves that i use in the two leagues that i play in if anyone might be interested. But i am interested in good gloves that are used to make good defensive plays.
A lot of forum members here use their gloves. A lot of forum members here collect gloves.

Some members like expensive gloves. Some members use inexpensive gloves. Some members could care less as long as their bat is fire

Constantly harping on posts that people shouldn’t worry about the cost of their glove or asking if they even use their glove ... as a new member ... you gotta learn to “read the room” so to speak.

Post pics of your gloves and further the discussion.

*disclaimer: I don’t play and I don’t collect gloves.

StickCollector

The first of my two RV23 pictures is my gamer.

jkwoody22

League ball huer

in all seriousness, why don’t you start a new thread about gamer gloves, post yours and I’ll post mine, but mine don’t make good defensive plays, I’m sure plenty of pics of game used gloves in all price points will be posted in there for discussion

Jkwoody22 - I’m not in wrong forum, legitimate question to ask if a poster uses the gloves or collects. Clearly you collect, fine with me, you answered my basic question.

Stick collector - thanks for your courteous answer, you use and collect gloves, fine with me also

davisrelacing - you chose to answer for many other forum members, some use their gloves, some collect gloves, some like expensive gloves and others inexpensive gloves, thanks for answering for so many others. But brother, I haven’t harped on anything, ever; but allow me to apologize if I touched a sensitive nerve. I’ll gladly leave this thread

ANNASDAD

The Veteran

I’m 55, don’t play anymore, my left knee is a mess! I played men’s slow pitch from age 20 to 48? Played SS and was lead off for every team I ever played for, church, industrial, and open ball. Played four or five days a week for close to 20 years!

I just rolled my love for men’s softball over into my daughter’s life and helped her in her journey to getting recruited, that’s all documented here.

I’ve coached at every level in fastpitch except college and have come full circle as I’m coaching 10U FP.....again! Having a blast! I’m sort of the odd man out here, my life has been about girls softball, but everyone here has accepted me for that. Besides, fastpitch blows men’s SP away in every regard! :D

Yep, I have some really nice, unused gloves, love collecting Horween, customs, and exclusives. Even though I’m not playing, up until a little over a year ago I had a glove on my hand at least 5 days a week coaching, for a long time!

My glove love came directly from this site, and from a LOT of great members here that I consider friends, when I first joined here I literally wore Jeffrey Rous’ ears out with questions and learned a ton from him on different patterns and gloves in general. I’ll always be indebted to him from answering all those stupid questions! And he’s not the only one!

So new unused gloves, beat up wore out gloves, show them off, I love seeing glove pics, and even better hearing glove stories to go with those pics!

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
davisrelacing - you chose to answer for many other forum members, some use their gloves, some collect gloves, some like expensive gloves and others inexpensive gloves, thanks for answering for so many others. But brother, I haven’t harped on anything, ever; but allow me to apologize if I touched a sensitive nerve. I’ll gladly leave this thread

Maybe my choice of words was poor...harping could also read replying to posts in my response. I'm sorry about that.

It's obvious you're proud of your skills on the field, and you can help keep the threads going by posting pics so we can discuss!

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Sadly, about the time Photobucket outkicked their coverage I switched to posting my glove work to IG. But here is my old thread
http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/gloves-101-with-professor-rous.1320253/

It may seem crazy to some to spend $250-$350 on a new glove or $50-$100 fixing up an old glove, but gloves are the most individual and personalized of all sports equipment and people do have some emotional attachment to them. Heck, some people have $80,000 cars in the garage, some take $10,000 cruises. Compared to that, $300 is a bargain, and it gives us a reason to keep active. For most of us in the forum, they are more than just tools to be used and discarded for the next serviceable $35 beater. But it's totally individual preference. Most of the guys on my team rock $60 gloves (and since they are in their 20s and 30s, they out play me anyway!).

Where are the pics @Tied to the whipping post? Interested to see the brand and pattern you prefer, for the position you play.

i have two gloves that i use, Wilson A9820 when i play infield, i like the wide but not deep pocket for quick infield plays, Rawlings RSGXLPRO for outfield with much deeper pocket, i re-laced finger spread, web, and heel on both gloves several years ago. Not pretty but fit my needs

i have much respect for all of the posters that both use, collect, admire a good glove and especially those that re-lace gloves, on my original post i didn't intend to sound snarky about "using" the gloves, just asked, should have known many collect in their man caves or dens

Attachments

• Wilson A9820.jpg
    Wilson A9820.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Rawlings 2.jpg
    Rawlings 2.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Rawlings 1.jpg
    Rawlings 1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 38
  • Rawlings 3.jpg
    Rawlings 3.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 36

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
i have two gloves that i use, Wilson A9820 when i play infield, i like the wide but not deep pocket for quick infield plays, Rawlings RSGXLPRO for outfield with much deeper pocket, i re-laced finger spread, web, and heel on both gloves several years ago. Not pretty but fit my needs

i have much respect for all of the posters that both use, collect, admire a good glove and especially those that re-lace gloves, on my original post i didn't intend to sound snarky about "using" the gloves, just asked, should have known many collect in their man caves or dens
That Wilson looks a lot like a Nokona BM76 (aka, AMG175). Of course, the Nokona was designed in 1973, so not surprising. The Rawlings looks a lot like my current gamer (which is based on the Rawlings SG96).
AMG-175
PSABpjx.jpg

wfTCnABA1SvBJigTRiKi55PLh6bvX9ux_UPQuhKPaYq9FshQC53VY8aWipz-p7nXI4cVPdHe8XLA9MeBUc5RyAOVd8xXi21Vvu9Gur22Q9eSS-I10ZHbW9GHMcH4q5sksDawvPerYCs

My Glovesmith
yDdLRp8.jpg

Last edited:
That Wilson looks a lot like a Nokona BM76 (aka, AMG175). Of course, the Nokona was designed in 1973, so not surprising. The Rawlings looks a lot like my current gamer (which is based on the Rawlings SG96).
wfTCnABA1SvBJigTRiKi55PLh6bvX9ux_UPQuhKPaYq9FshQC53VY8aWipz-p7nXI4cVPdHe8XLA9MeBUc5RyAOVd8xXi21Vvu9Gur22Q9eSS-I10ZHbW9GHMcH4q5sksDawvPerYCs

My Glovesmith
yDdLRp8.jpg

I got out of the Army in 1973 and that is about the time I got my first A9820. Lot of guys were using A2000 back then but I liked the wider pocket on the A9820 plus it cost less. And yes your game glove is very similar to the Rawlings that I use.

Mpalm18

What’s everyone’s thoughts on stitching and/or embroidery for Tan? I know Vegas Gold stitch seems to dominate, but I wonder about a more muted beige stitch. Or do people like a more contrasting color to pop against the tan? I love black embroidery but not so much for the stitch, what about ya’ll?

Mpalm18

What’s everyone’s thoughts on stitching and/or embroidery for Tan? I know Vegas Gold stitch seems to dominate, but I wonder about a more muted beige stitch. Or do people like a more contrasting color to pop against the tan? I love black embroidery but not so much for the stitch, what about ya’ll?
For example, I really like the stitch color on this DCT that sold a while back (beige). It’s a bit more subtle than how the Vegas Gold pops off the 208 I just moved last week. What’s interesting is how the Horween Nado (also Vegas stitch) doesn’t seem like it pops as vibrant against the Tan as the Vegas does on the 208. If I didn’t know it was Vegas from how the batch was ordered, I might’ve guessed that the Nado might too be beige.0F7F4236-4243-4951-A61E-6B141D8D451E.png 03FFCEBC-4C20-41B1-8435-4C2A8C658CB0.jpeg 37338B4F-2F25-4EC0-8FC4-E1DE7EC6A570.png

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Two things are an absolute must for me, Tan leather and VG stitching.....Tan laces, and split Gray welting! Sorry, I can’t count, added two!

I’ve told myself if I ever order another custom, it’ll definitely have BLACK embroidery!! I’ve had tons of gloves with VG embroidery, and only one with Scarlet embroidery, never had one with Black before and lately I think it’s become my favorite! But I ain’t changing from VG stitching!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
That 208 looks about as good as a Rawlings ball glove can look! And the Horween Arenado is the glove that really sold me on the Black embroidery!

Mpalm18

That 208 looks about as good as a Rawlings ball glove can look! And the Horween Arenado is the glove that really sold me on the Black embroidery!
Yeah, I’m about as big a fan of the entire Nado look as it gets. The embroidery and stitching aren’t matching, which may irk some here, but I think the two colors compliment and contrast the tan leather in a way that just works

nissben

Freakin Ninja
[GALLERY=media, 24433]image by nissben posted Nov 11, 2014 at 10:44 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 24434]image by nissben posted Nov 11, 2014 at 10:44 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 24435]image by nissben posted Nov 11, 2014 at 10:44 PM[/GALLERY]

I got this bad boy, pro issue kp92, not sure if it’s considered tan or blonde but what the hell, bringing this thread back from the dead lol

For example, I really like the stitch color on this DCT that sold a while back (beige). It’s a bit more subtle than how the Vegas Gold pops off the 208 I just moved last week. What’s interesting is how the Horween Nado (also Vegas stitch) doesn’t seem like it pops as vibrant against the Tan as the Vegas does on the 208. If I didn’t know it was Vegas from how the batch was ordered, I might’ve guessed that the Nado might too be beige.View attachment 67369 View attachment 67370 View attachment 67371

I really like the Rawlings from your post that i just replied to, the second and third pictures. What is this Rawlings model and where might i purchase one, hopefully this model is 13" or 14" and large enough for an old man to play Sr softball, thanks for your help, RR

Mpalm18

I really like the Rawlings from your post that i just replied to, the second and third pictures. What is this Rawlings model and where might i purchase one, hopefully this model is 13" or 14" and large enough for an old man to play Sr softball, thanks for your help, RR
The glove in the 2nd pic is a custom HOH Pro208 that I ordered. It’s 12.5” in size. I sold that one just before this pic was posted but I immediately regretted doing it and ordered basically an identical custom replacement. That one is my current SB gamer and isn’t up for sale. The 3rd pic is basically the same color pattern in every way but it’s the Pro12-6HT Arenado glove. 12” in size. That one is my baby for baseball. Not for sale anytime soon. But you may be able to find someone out there that got one of them that were made.
As you mentioned you’re looking for 13” or bigger, these specific patterns would obviously be too small for your liking, but you could recreate the color scheme through the custom shop in a larger pattern like the 3030 or the JD0 if you’re wanting to replicate the look. Not sure there are any retail gloves in those with the all tan scheme just like this one. One thing I will say about those larger patterns though is that they’ve got the extra lacing running through the middle-digit area of the fingers. This is meant to support the longer fingers obviously, but I like how the 208 pattern doesn’t have that. Gives it a better feel for me as I’m closing around the ball. That’s why I go with the smaller 208 pattern to be honest.
Anyway, happy hunting