what am i looking at here?

hockeymack17

Addicted to Softballfans
just got this stick for free just wondering if i have anything? i dont see a model number on it any where its a orange and black power dome and it says tournament player series on it..

IMAG0010.jpg

N8iveSoul

Chief Slapahoe
just got this stick for free just wondering if i have anything? i dont see a model number on it any where its a orange and black power dome and it says tournament player series on it..

Sure do.
You have a free bat.
And honestly I think you paid $10 too much;)

hinzy

}}i{{
so the silver at the end of the barrel is susposta be there? I thought somone cut the associations off or somthing? You can feel the line where is was painted like someone taped it off at the factory before they painted it... There is no clear coat on it or anything... is that how it is susposta be? i thought it was kinda odd?

That is how it is supposed to be....

Hannyy

Addicted to Softballfans
that's a good ol' TPS PowerDome. It was out at the same time as the Ritch's Superior. I think it came out in '93, I bought one in '94. I swung a 32oz one throughout the 90s and right up until a few years ago. I've seen two or three of them pop up on the board over the past few months. I swear half of the bat's weight is in that silver cap. There's a lot of different model #s on those bats - same bat just different signatures. I had a Jimmy Powers one and a Britt Hightower one. I remember the bat quickly losing popularity as the C405 alloys hit the market and shortly after that DeMarini put out a doublewall :eek::eek:.

hockeymack17

Addicted to Softballfans
that's a good ol' TPS PowerDome. It was out at the same time as the Ritch's Superior. I think it came out in '93, I bought one in '94. I swung a 32oz one throughout the 90s and right up until a few years ago. I've seen two or three of them pop up on the board over the past few months. I swear half of the bat's weight is in that silver cap. There's a lot of different model #s on those bats - same bat just different signatures. I had a Jimmy Powers one and a Britt Hightower one. I remember the bat quickly losing popularity as the C405 alloys hit the market and shortly after that DeMarini put out a doublewall :eek::eek:.

i cant find a model number on mine anywhere and i dont see a signature?

Hannyy

Addicted to Softballfans
model # should be on the barrel somewhere. There were a number of these so I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few versions w/out signatures. Here are the two that I had:
2chv0j4.jpg

qsqyo6.jpg

I think I saw one of these sell here for for $40 or $50 just a week or two ago. On eGhey you can probably fetch $50 - $70 if you wait until spring.

hockeymack17

Addicted to Softballfans
the model # is TPSDPLYR i dunno how i missed the damn thing i looked it over probably 5 times.... Only diffrence i see with yours and mine is mine says official softball above tps and tournament player series underneath.... your says them both underneath....I also have no signature... i also dont have CVL under power dome

EDIT: do i not have the right model #? cantf ind anything here or on google

Last edited:

pats2812

Addicted to Softballfans
buddy of mine comes to the field with this and a few other cheper sticks... this one hits very well... if your hitting real mush balls like sb12s or the new 275s this is the bat to use

Hannyy

Addicted to Softballfans
yep, that's the model #. I believe they all started w/ TPSD..... After the TPSD mine listed the length & weight of the bat and a letter indicating which player signature was on it -- mine were TPSD3432M and TPSD3430D. The bat was very good w/ the mush balls and good in the cold weather when you didn't want to triangle a doublewall.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still have mine. A very good singlewall if you're not allowed to swing two pieces.

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
the model # is TPSDPLYR i dunno how i missed the damn thing i looked it over probably 5 times.... Only diffrence i see with yours and mine is mine says official softball above tps and tournament player series underneath.... your says them both underneath....I also have no signature... i also dont have CVL under power dome

EDIT: do i not have the right model #? cantf ind anything here or on google

If the above is true, and that is the model number then you have a Player's Model TPS Power Dome. This thing should really hit the mush well, and will probably be either above stickered weight or have a massive endload.